ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Minecraft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 28, 29, 30  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Qarx  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HddMANh3Xis&feature=feedu

The reddit article in the description has some interesting things to say, assuming you haven't already seen it.

credits to Absoltastic and Pieman for making such awesome banners that aren't the one I made!
My Backloggery
Want a game suggestion, or have one for the community? Click here!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger PSN Name: Qarx64 Wii Friend Code: 4109996624097110
Davers  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Qarx wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HddMANh3Xis&feature=feedu

The reddit article in the description has some interesting things to say, assuming you haven't already seen it.

Yeah, I read a lot of it. (posted the thread one post back :P). I'm kind of curious what Notch's response to the whole thing will be. But I'm more or less banking on the fact we probably won't get one. The Yogscast does say they never talked to Notch except for at the interview, so I'm wondering if they really did get banned from future minecons or not.

Yeah, a response (not a freakin' tweet) would be great from Notch now.
Rtsdeathreaper  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I was hooked on Minecraft once again after 1.0.0 came out, and my ultimate goal was to get to the end and defeat the Enderdragon. So after 2 weeks of playing I had full diamond armour all enchanted, a Diamond enchanted sword and pickaxe, a ton of potions, lots of food, stacks of ladders, 64 wood, some spare iron and of course, Eye of Enders. I get into the end and what happens? I die within 30 seconds. Sigh....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: RTS Deathreaper
Qarx  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can enchant armor, too. Also you forgot to bring a bow and arrows lol.

In all seriousness, that sucks. How far from there did you respawn, and would your items be there if you got there in time? I'm not sure how dropped items work in The End (or The Nether, for that matter).

I'll let you know if I ever find The End legit, especially on my old world (was created in 1.7.3, you see). This... might take a while, since I hardly get to use the computer anymore (little brother hogs it; plays Minecraft with his friends non-stop).

credits to Absoltastic and Pieman for making such awesome banners that aren't the one I made!
My Backloggery
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger PSN Name: Qarx64 Wii Friend Code: 4109996624097110
Rtsdeathreaper  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Qarx wrote:
You can enchant armor, too. Also you forgot to bring a bow and arrows lol.

In all seriousness, that sucks. How far from there did you respawn, and would your items be there if you got there in time? I'm not sure how dropped items work in The End (or The Nether, for that matter).

I'll let you know if I ever find The End legit, especially on my old world (was created in 1.7.3, you see). This... might take a while, since I hardly get to use the computer anymore (little brother hogs it; plays Minecraft with his friends non-stop).

Ah yes I forgot to mention I bought 2 bows, 2 stacks of arrows, and I enchanted all my armour. Everything enchanted was about level 15, so each thing took about 2-3 Minecraft nights of constant mob slaying. And there was also the fact I had to regularly mine to find diamonds, so while the build up to the end was fun, actually fighting the boss wasn't.

The thing that gets me is the fact the dragon pushes you, so when I was climbing the obsidian towers, one push near the top and you're dead.

I was really lucky with the seed I had, (I think it was randomly generated). It had an end portal 5 minutes away from my house, which is where a Millenaire village was situated, and a Nether fortress was only about 10 minutes away from the portal.

Edit: Okay, so, it was a lot easier than I thought it would be, first time round I was approaching it wrong. Here's a tip: Lots of arrows.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: RTS Deathreaper
flammablelion  

Location: St. Louis (To be more accurate St. Chuck (St. Charles))

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been playing this game a lot lately. I quit playing a long time ago (before repeaters were in the game).

I made a pretty nice zombie xp farm and have a few level 40 pickaxes.
Unbreaking III
Silk Touch I
Efficiency III
and
Fortune III
Efficiency III

The fortune is AMAZING I have a double chest full of coal and almost 2 stacks of Diamonds. I still am trying for Looting can't seem to get it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: flammablelion PSN Name: flammablelion
Qarx  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The YogBox for 1.0.0 has been updated to include Equivalent Exchange (and a couple of other updates) and the Technic Pack has been updated to work with 1.0.0! The latter I'm especially excited for, though I'm not sure if that pack is compatible with Optifine or not =/.

My Backloggery
PiemanLK  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, I thought Snow Golems were cute at first, but now I just think they're a nuisance. They snow over EVERYTHING.

Merry Christmas!

Just to give you an idea of how BIG this tree is.

Lol not anymore

Poor sheep.

I laughed way harder at this than I should have.

Oops.

FUCK SPIDERS

Also my minecraft server has a domain name now! spacedicks.tk
[quote=''youhas'']EDIT TO ADD: Hey, post #3000! Neat! I will eagerly anticipate my set of ScoreHero-branded steak knives within six to eight weeks.[/quote]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PiemanXC
Hafkie  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Made this from scratch with VoxelSniper.

VoxelSniper is amazing.

Last edited by Hafkie on Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:14 am; edited 1 time in total
PiemanLK  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hafkie wrote:

Best bump to this thread, ever.
[quote=''youhas'']EDIT TO ADD: Hey, post #3000! Neat! I will eagerly anticipate my set of ScoreHero-branded steak knives within six to eight weeks.[/quote]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PiemanXC
Hafkie  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Currently have been getting into designing advanced cannons.

Long Distance Multi-Shot Cannon. It's currently 10x5x10.

Goal: An arrow cannon where you can easily control aim, pitch, power, and arrow density.

This cannon has two barrels for manual-aiming. (Place more TNT on the opposite side of where you want the arrows/tnt to go) It also has two layers of power (11 blocks per barrel) and a compressor charge on the end of each barrel to double the potential power.

It has 4 different easily-adjustable firing modes.

-Standard arrow: One fence gate in the middle of the dispensers (As Pictured). Fires a large, clustered shot of arrows.
-Spread arrow: Two fence gates placed right next to the dispensers. Fires a wide spread shot of arrows.
-TNT Shot: With dispensers off, replace the potential fence gate row with TNT. One, two, or three rounds can be fired.
-Combo Shot: One TNT in the middle with dispensers on, Clusters arrows around TNT for both wide mob coverage and a powerful blow of TNT in one shot.

The cannon works by exploiting how fence gates work. When open, they have no hitbox. This causes all attached arrows to drop at once, creating a nice cluster of arrows to fire.

Also, by adjusting the timing of the repeaters, you can easily switch between low, direct fire and "arrow rain"

This is probably my favorite cannon I've made to date.
inv4der  

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition is out now, it's 1600 MSP (20 USD), although the worlds are limited in size (for now?). If anyone has it or is planning on getting it I'm certainly willing to play with people. (The multiplayer is very simple to start compared to PC apparently.)

Regarding the code of the game, it runs on Beta 1.6.6 right now, with an update to 1.7.3 coming soon™. Microsoft has been very supportive of the game so updates should be pretty frequent. (Nothing on the PC's update rate of course.)

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to CaptainSparklez, it's built from the ground up using C or whatever so it would work on 360 and it is indeed based on 1.6.6, since that was the version they had to work on at the start of the project. I certainly have a lot of respect for those involved in its creation, but even if I had a 360, I'd be hesitant, to say the least, about getting this version. Not just that it's outdated, but that its limitations make it unappealing compared to the PC version I already have (lack of mods, custom maps, character creator*, texture packs*, and it has 1000x1000 worlds).

*Yes, I'm aware these will be in future updates, I'm just talking about the game as it stands right now XP.

Not ashamed to admit the only reason I play Minecraft anymore is for the endless mods and adventure maps (admittedly because my little brother is still obsessed with the sodding game, so he kind of ruined it for me >_>). However, I can see the 360 version being great for newcomers (because of the tutorial and online ease-of-access) and people who just enjoy the Vanilla game .

By the way, I asked this once on BT and didn't get an answer, but I was wondering about the multiplayer: are there SMP server commands (like /give [X] 1 64 or /op [X]), and can you prevent griefing/killing other players?

My Backloggery
PiemanLK  

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Qarx wrote:
By the way, I asked this once on BT and didn't get an answer, but I was wondering about the multiplayer: are there SMP server commands (like /give [X] 1 64 or /op [X]), and can you prevent griefing/killing other players?

Yes and no. There's lots of plugins for bukkit, which is a Minecraft server clone that can accept all sorts of mods. /give and /op are actually built into even the vanilla server IIRC - so is turning PVP on/off. What you can't always prevent is griefing; again, there are mods for it, but they're not perfect, and the only real solution to griefing is a good moderation team.

However, if someone your server is being a jackass, griefing is in fact entirely acceptable. Like that time I helped blow up fuse's house.
Davers  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone is interested, I've got it set up to play Minecraft on my PC with an xbox controller. Makes it SOOOOOO much easier. Not hard to do at all. Actually a quick google search would probably pull up the result I used. But I still had to fix a few buttons. So if you are interested, I'll give you the quick run down of how to set it up (all through xpadder).

Also, a friend of mine plays on his xbox with a few other players. Is there anyway I can connect to their server through my PC or are the two completely different and incompatible?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 29 of 30

Jump to: