Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
RawkTour v0.04 - Guitar Hero: World Tour SD DLC Customs -Wii
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tf93  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've ran through the process several times and each time i get stuck at the packing bin phase. Is it supposed to take a long time because i let it go for about half and hour and it was still saying packing bin. I might be doing something wrong but from the info provided i think i am doing it correctly, any help is appreciated.

Edit: I had to run as Admin to get it to work, no problems now, program works great.

Edit 2: Ive tried several different times to get the audio to work but to no avail, any tips on getting audio to work would be greatly appreciated.
Yewb wrote:
Are you sure you actually played better, or did you just think you played better because... you know... you were ON COCAINE?
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger Wii Friend Code: 103244300504
AerialX  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tf93 wrote:
Edit 2: Ive tried several different times to get the audio to work but to no avail, any tips on getting audio to work would be greatly appreciated.

What about the demo I provided, does that audio work for you? I'll kinda need more explanation about what's happening...
tf93  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ran through it a few more times and i have a few questions, whenever i am injecting the .bik file, what step of the rawktour process should i be at or does that not matter. I assume i have to have the bin open at the time but should it be before or after i convert the chart and deal with the .pak files.
Also, the audio placing is done automatically meaning you dont have to select the file to replace correct? It seems this way but all the other steps require you to do so so i was a little confused on that. Sorry about being so vague before, hopefully this will provide a little more info for you so you can maybe give me some assistance. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.
Yewb wrote:
Are you sure you actually played better, or did you just think you played better because... you know... you were ON COCAINE?
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger Wii Friend Code: 103244300504
AerialX  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tf93 wrote:
I ran through it a few more times and i have a few questions, whenever i am injecting the .bik file, what step of the rawktour process should i be at or does that not matter. I assume i have to have the bin open at the time but should it be before or after i convert the chart and deal with the .pak files.
Also, the audio placing is done automatically meaning you dont have to select the file to replace correct? It seems this way but all the other steps require you to do so so i was a little confused on that. Sorry about being so vague before, hopefully this will provide a little more info for you so you can maybe give me some assistance. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

You have to have the bin open before you do anything. Then replace the bik audio with your own, before re-packing it. Do everything and then pack the bin at the end. The audio placing isn't really done automatically. The tools will make an audio file for you, but they won't name it / replace the bik you get from unpacking. You have to copy it over yourself.

The steps on the wiki should describe the process well enough... Though I guess I didn't explicitly state that you need to replace the audio file yourself after converting.
kylop  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently got GH5 so I decided to see if this would modify the DLC for that game as well. The strange thing I found is that a correctly made DLC custom song in World Tour will play in Guitar Hero 5, however the original note chart will still appear but the audio will have changed.
AerialX  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kylop wrote:
I recently got GH5 so I decided to see if this would modify the DLC for that game as well. The strange thing I found is that a correctly made DLC custom song in World Tour will play in Guitar Hero 5, however the original note chart will still appear but the audio will have changed.

That's because GH5 uses a new note chart format. It re-uses the same audio from the original DLC, but the "updates" you download for compatibility include the new note charts in the GH5 format.

I know you asked me whether I'll update this for GH5... There's been little-to-none interest in RawkTour from the beginning, and I'm busy with a number of other large-scale projects. Maybe one day I will, but I don't play GH5 so it's a bit of a stretch.
My offer on GBAfail still stands, if anyone wants to learn about the GH5 chart format I'm happy to offer what I know. Don't have the time now to do much about it though.
kylop  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AerialX wrote:
kylop wrote:

That's because GH5 uses a new note chart format. It re-uses the same audio from the original DLC, but the "updates" you download for compatibility include the new note charts in the GH5 format.

I know you asked me whether I'll update this for GH5... There's been little-to-none interest in RawkTour from the beginning, and I'm busy with a number of other large-scale projects. Maybe one day I will, but I don't play GH5 so it's a bit of a stretch.
My offer on GBAfail still stands, if anyone wants to learn about the GH5 chart format I'm happy to offer what I know. Don't have the time now to do much about it though.

Thanks for getting back to me. I was disappointed with the small interest in this tool from the community. Anyway, I understand you have more pressing matters to attend to and this isn't a primary concern of mine. Thanks for the work you did for this and RawkSD. You rul3z!
HunterXyron1134  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just curious, but how does your program denote solo sections to convert to sliders? With the solo_on event, or is it selected based on how RB chooses solo's? (in other words, how you mark Star power in GH, cant remember the midi# right now.)

I made a friggin epic chart for a Christmas song, and I overcharted on purpose a ton so I could have some wanky sliders, but they just came out as SP sections when i was done.

Oh well. It was still fun to play.

My Youtube | iPhone RockBand Customs Research | My Twitter, with my GH/RB updates!
SThorpe wrote:

so did anyone get to touch Matt's Banstick? O_o

EviLize wrote:

Yeah, while he was playing pop'n I was playing around with it for a little bit.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: TehMinja1134
AerialX  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HunterXyron1134 wrote:
Just curious, but how does your program denote solo sections to convert to sliders? With the solo_on event, or is it selected based on how RB chooses solo's? (in other words, how you mark Star power in GH, cant remember the midi# right now.)

I made a friggin epic chart for a Christmas song, and I overcharted on purpose a ton so I could have some wanky sliders, but they just came out as SP sections when i was done.

Oh well. It was still fun to play.

It goes by Rock Band standards for the MIDI. So yes, where GH SP would normally be, those would be solos.
The thing is, RawkTour assumes that, if a song only has solos and no SP, it assumes that they should be SP and switches them for you (unless it asks you now, I don't remember >.>)... So if you want slider sections, don't forget to chart the SP as you would for a Rock Band chart and it should convert fine.
HunterXyron1134  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh ok, thanks a bunch.

Yay for sliders!

*hurridly goes and adds OD sections*

My Youtube | iPhone RockBand Customs Research | My Twitter, with my GH/RB updates!
SThorpe wrote:

so did anyone get to touch Matt's Banstick? O_o

EviLize wrote:

Yeah, while he was playing pop'n I was playing around with it for a little bit.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: TehMinja1134
afaelr  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:01 pm    Post subject: Drums Reply with quote

How RawkTour Map the 5 buttons when converting a 4-button rock band song? Is it customizable?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: afaelr ICQ Number
ComicBookGuru  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Drums Reply with quote

afaelr wrote:
How RawkTour Map the 5 buttons when converting a 4-button rock band song? Is it customizable?

Not until someone finds out the correct MIDI note for it.
AerialX  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:27 am    Post subject: Re: Drums Reply with quote

ComicBookGuru wrote:
afaelr wrote:

Not until someone finds out the correct MIDI note for it.

Uh, no. It's no secret.

It's because someone needs to *decide* on what MIDI note corresponds to it. I suppose there's room for one more note since the two typical "force hopo" notes aren't used with drums... But I didn't feel like making that design call.
Tomahorn  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

See, the reason no one has any interest in this, is because it sounds MUCH more complicated than RawkSD.

With RawkSD, it's just install, and go. With this, it's like, CONVERTCONVERTINSTALLCONVERTOHCRAPWHATDIDIDOAGGHHHHSLICEWRIST.

However, that being said this is still a revolutionary thing to do considering you are editing legit DLC files.

EDIT: BTW AerialX, how is that GH3 SD Custom thingie going?
AerialX  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tomahorn wrote:
See, the reason no one has any interest in this, is because it sounds MUCH more complicated than RawkSD.

With RawkSD, it's just install, and go. With this, it's like, CONVERTCONVERTINSTALLCONVERTOHCRAPWHATDIDIDOAGGHHHHSLICEWRIST.

However, that being said this is still a revolutionary thing to do considering you are editing legit DLC files.

Sure, but a year or two ago we were all used to doing that anyway
It's really not that difficult, IMO it's still easier than a lot of the old "batch methods."
Tomahorn wrote:
EDIT: BTW AerialX, how is that GH3 SD Custom thingie going?

It's going. In a sort of final testing phase right now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: