ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Is it just me or are GH4 and 5 horrid.....
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xxspinthediscxx  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:49 am    Post subject: Is it just me or are GH4 and 5 horrid..... Reply with quote

I'm sorry, It could just be my biased opinion , but I hated WT and I havent bought GH5 and kinda gave up on GH because its not a challenge anymore.... GH3 ,2 and 1 were decently challenging WT kinda ruined it for me, I know for some people its more than just if a song is challenging or not, but for me, I like songs like slashes guitar battle, its not hard but its fun to play, I'm not asking for every song to be like TTFAF, but they don't make end game content like they use to, for me GH3 was awesome the DLC was soild they had some really fun challenging charts to riff threw and some more laid back ones for people would couldnt play those types of charts, but as for the newer GH's some of the bands are just completely random they use, it just seems like they spend there time getting all these cool affects and what not , add new modes , and don't bother with challenging charts, and on WT scratch boogie was a joke....because of what they did with the clear note BS I mean really what is that, it made that song passable the 1st time I played it....I just wish they would make more charts that were actually decently hard and fun to play, I could be wrong about GH5 but I youtubed most of the songs I thought might have a hard chart to play, and I was wrong... Discuss.
Pass Jordan [X]
Pass TTFAF [X]
Rank of 1,000 or lower [ ]
Beat RedOctane with my les paul [ ](Its happen)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: xxspinthediscxx
Hafkie  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have no right to call GH5 horrid if you haven't played it.

If you are looking for crazy hard songs, you won't find alot of them. However, there are alot of FUN songs in the game. Songs like Brianstorm, The Spirit of Radio, Demons, 21st Century Schizoid Man, and many, many more are fun. And by all means, don't be afraid to play bass every now an then, because they bass has plenty of fun songs too. GH5 has one of the most rounded setlists in the game, and really, the only people who have a problem with the game are people who refuse to play bass every now and then.

If you have already made your opinion before you have played the game, well, then you are just going to walk into the game nitpicking everything from the get go. Play it with an open mind. Song challenges are there for a reason. Not only do they add replay value, but they also point out the most fun instrument for the song (In most cases).

If you are only playing for difficulty, then go into GH's Music Studio, bash your head on the frets for 10 minutes, and have the time of your life trying to play it.

Last edited by Hafkie on Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:08 am; edited 2 times in total
toymachine  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

there are two DLC songs that haven't been FCd on Expert Guitar.

Dueling Banjos
Chalk Dust Torture (Live)

Clearly you are the man for the job since everything is to easy for you while you watch youtube videos.

Also GH5 has a bunch of fun guitar charts you should try it.
SDoner8790  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well GH5 is easily the easiest game on guitar in the series yet (except maybe aerosmith). But that doesn't make it horrid. GH5 is way better than WT in my opinion. The engine in GH5 is just so good. And drums are fun as hell.

I do wish there were more harder songs though, just because I love the engine a lot. But GH5 is a good game. I didn't really like WT much, but it had it's good songs.

Location: Port Macquarie, the fine... planet of Australia. Chippy-chip-CHURRAH!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly believe GH is more about the music and making it fun than making it insanely hard (like TTFAF). And sure, some of GHWT's setlist was out of left field, but I enjoyed it.

But honestly, with the improvements in GH5, and the DLC that is available for the game, I think you should give GH5 a decent playthrough before you can have a solid opinion of it. Seeing it on YouTube and playing along does basically nothing.

psxfreak101 wrote:
But seriously I hate this country when it comes to my beloved hobby of presing buttons on a controller and making shit on my TV follow my every command.

Last edited by Cyberwaste on Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:21 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: iAmCyberwaste PSN Name: CyberwasteFX
thespike  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's pretty much just you. GH games have been improving since GH3, GH5 is the best yet.
http://www.youtube.com/user/ignthespike1
Brockbfball1563  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, if you're looking for hard songs, I'd stay away from GH5 unless they happen to come out with decent DLC. The problem is that when good DLC is released, it will be filled with tapping notes, which the hardcore audience has hated ever since they were first introduced in WT. The game is good, but not for people who want hard songs. Stick with RB and previous GHs if you want hard songs.

And for people who say that GH is about the music, not the charts, I really don't understand that at all. If I want to listen to the music, I'd go on youtube, not buy a $60 video game just to hear the music. Take the existing GH5 setlist and add a bonus tier of 5-10 ridiculous songs that you don't have to play to beat the game, this way everyone wins. Why this is never done truly amazes me. It made TtFaF probably the most popular song in all of GH.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thespike wrote:
GH games have been improving since GH3

I don't know about that. Many people would argue that GH5 is the first game since GH3 to live up to Guitar Hero standards. Expectations is another issue tho. I honestly didn't expect Smash Hits to be all that great, but it surprised me quite a bit and kept me occupied for a while. I think GH5 tho, is the first game in a while to have the same lasting effect that the first GH games had (besides Rocks the 80's).

Last edited by Chillywillyjuice on Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:39 am; edited 1 time in total
HellAshes  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want hard songs, go with customs. That's always the best route to getting to play the hardest songs imaginable. Customs aren't hard to do anymore either with GH3 PC.

I also agree with Brock, charts are the MOST important part of the game. (Yes, more-so than the setlist.) This is the prime reason I didn't like GH3, since NS was fairly new to charting, and I did not like the style. GH5 is much better, however.

Guitar Hero: Live Goals:
Actually get good at Guitar Hero: Live
10 Guitar Hero: Live Setlist FCs

ShadoWolf wrote:
Fuck you HellAsses you fucking fucker

mazegeek999PSN from my accomplishments thread wrote:
koloxid wrote:
holy fuk
do you ever stop

Well, he hasn't posted in a month.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: HellAshes PSN Name: HellAshes
Cyberwaste  

Location: Port Macquarie, the fine... planet of Australia. Chippy-chip-CHURRAH!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brockbfball1563 wrote:
And for people who say that GH is about the music, not the charts, I really don't understand that at all. If I want to listen to the music, I'd go on youtube, not buy a $60 video game just to hear the music.

Guitar Hero IS a party game after all. People like music, people like making an ass of themselves while playing a fake instrument (trust me, I know. :P)...

Well, if you're playing for score, the charts, sure. Playing for fun, if you like the songs, it makes the experience better.

psxfreak101 wrote:
But seriously I hate this country when it comes to my beloved hobby of presing buttons on a controller and making shit on my TV follow my every command.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: iAmCyberwaste PSN Name: CyberwasteFX
OnionPowder  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like GH6. I mean, I've never played it or heard anything about it at all. But it sucks.

As for Brock and HellAshes, I must agree. The notecharts are the most important part of a music game. Without any fun note charts the game is just bland. But GH5 seems to have some fun charts based on what I see. And from the general praise the game is getting.

Insert obligatory "No metal but Iron Maiden and I guess CoB" here. We'll live though,

Last.FM|Facebook

yksi-kaksi-kolme has 699 love making sessions left.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: She Wants Reven PSN Name: OnionPowder
machchunk  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GH5 is worth it just for Saturday Night and Play That Funky Music. Seriously. You need to buy it right now.

Last edited by machchunk on Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:01 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: machchunk
Brockbfball1563  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cyberwaste wrote:
Brockbfball1563 wrote:
And for people who say that GH is about the music, not the charts, I really don't understand that at all. If I want to listen to the music, I'd go on youtube, not buy a $60 video game just to hear the music.

Guitar Hero IS a party game after all. People like music, people like making an ass of themselves while playing a fake instrument (trust me, I know. :P)...

Well, if you're playing for score, the charts, sure. Playing for fun, if you like the songs, it makes the experience better.

Oh I definitely agree. My friends HATE playing GHM, but it's probably my favorite GH next to GH2. For most people, they probably love GH5. I like GH5 too. The other modes of play are great, the online is greatly improved, the game is musically awesome, and the charts are fun and accurate, just really easy for the most part. I'm really hoping for some good DLC and a way to turn tapping notes off, so let's see what happens.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

there is a cheat to make everything hammer-ons

if you don't care about the fact you can't submit those scores, XBL leaderboards, etc.
Deak2112  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with WT. Glad I don't own that one but I'm able to export songs onto GH5 to make them more fun to play. (Better slide notes FTW) I disagree with GH5. I think they redeemed alot of the respect I lost for them with WT. GHM and GHSH got some of it back too but GH5 had very few problems. The only thing I don't like about GH5 is the sorting method for the songs. I think the RB2 sorting method is perfect. The other thing is the amount of songs. Its just too many.

For lulz my Wiki and for My Youtube Channel

Free Bird since 11/9/2009
My only regret is that I only have one life to give for my Lord
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: Deak2112
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: