ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Mass Effect Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SDoner8790  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Played for about 12 hours so far. I'm loving it so far. It's like ME2, which is fine. And I don't think you NEED to play multiplayer to get the best ending, you just need to do all the single player stuff possible.

Edit: And I was right http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/323/index/9665384

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd definitely call this far from a terrible game, however in comparison to their past games it's about a "meh" on the rating scale. Soras pretty much covered the majority of problems I have with it (though I don't feel as strongly as he does), I'm now starting to get sincerely worried about Bioware's quality of product after signing on with EA.

so far they've developed 3 games with EA since they were merged together with Mythic entertainment, and of those 3 games. They've ranged from "meh" to "unrivaled hatred".
With Mass Effect 3 landing in the meh category, Star Wars: The Old Republic landing in the middle area, and Dragon Age 2 in the "unrivaled hatred".

Sadly, it seems like Bioware is permanently off of my companies who I buy games from on day one.
"THERE IS A DREAM I AM LIVING
THERE IS A LIFE I AM DREAMING OF"
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Gavesit
raynebc  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to mention EA gets peoples Xbox Live accounts hacked (to buy Fifa crap that gets resold through the black DLC market).
sorasgoof  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just beginning to cool down when I came across this... http://crystalprisonzone.blogspot.com/2012/03/bioware-day-one-dlc-developed.html

Check out my Youtube channel!
We have a Dead Space 2 Hardcore run coming out very shortly, an ongoing Portal Let's Play, an ongoing Super Mario RPG Let's Play, AND a Max Payne Let's Play in the works. Be a hipster! Follow Full Grown Gaming before most people do!
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorasgoof wrote:
I was just beginning to cool down when I came across this... http://crystalprisonzone.blogspot.com/2012/03/bioware-day-one-dlc-developed.html

It was already something to be mad at, so ehh....They were just trying to cover their asses. Their very stupid asses. It's a shame all this crap that has come out with the games release has tarnished a game that has so far been pretty awesome, barring an ending that might or might not be good. Even with a bad ending, I still think the game is pretty good.
Nubnut  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorasgoof wrote:

I have to say, that's probably the fault of EA and not Bioware. As both of the singleplayer games I listed that Bioware has developed since merging with Mythic in EA (Dragon Age 2, and Mass Effect 3) have had day one DLC, and yet not a single one of their games pre-EA had day one DLC. Not to mention EA rushes Bioware on so much stuff, IE. Dragon Age Origins being in development and writing for almost 6 years, where as Dragon Age 2 was in Development for less than 1 year.

And not to mention EA also drove out Brent Knowles (AKA. the brainpower/lead designer behind Dragon Age:Origins, and Mass Effect 1). This is why I hate publishing companies.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Gavesit
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah a good chance EA pushed them into making the Prothean DLC you have to buy also, with it maybe initially being considered more DLC like the Zaeed DLC of ME2, where all you had to have was the online pass that came with every new copy. Darn shame, could've been a fun character to play with.
Nubnut  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.gamespot.com/features/why-do-you-hate-mass-effect-3-6365175/#335737926

Interesting article to say the least.
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beat the game. People really went overblown on how "bad" the ending is. It's not a very strong ending and it needed to show alot more, but it's hardly the worse ending for a game I've seen. It's pathetic to see people say that the ending was so horrible, it's made the series unplayable for them. That's just stupid lol

Aside from the end and DLC issues, I really enjoyed it. It's not as long as ME2, but I'm someone that doesn't require a game to adhere to a specific length as long as it gets the story across and I think it does. More couldn't have hurt, but I can't fault it for being shorter. No doubt worth a rental and I would recommend buying it if you don't go into it expecting it to be the end of the trilogy that you were wanting. Everything up till the end is pretty good I thought.
Nubnut  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think people are so upset by the ending purely in comparison to their past games.

Even games that weren't endings to series had FAR stronger endings than this. Hell even if they pulled a DA:O and just took us character by character and told us what happened to them (for a good 15-20 minutes) I'd be far happier with that.
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That could be true, but in comparison to ME2's ending, this wasn't really that much worse. ME2 didn't really have any choices other than making sure you chose right with keeping your squad alive.

The "endings" might all be just different flavors of the same drink, but it was a reasonable ending. It just simply needed more to show what happened to the universe. It isn't that monstrously bad as people made it out to be. Hell, story wise, I think this game is probably the better one of the series. It's just abit "meh" with the ending.
Nubnut  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aye, another reason people are getting upset though is the continuity errors (MAJOR ones) throughout the game, which that mixed with the ending does create some problems.
bclare  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, I just finished single player the other day. I'm not pissed off about the ending, but I'm a little disappointed. One thing that I didn't like, which I haven't seen much in other complaints, is the lack of closure or epilogue. I mean, I made the choice at the end, and there was some cinematics and then 8 hours of fucking credits. It wasn't really clear exactly what happened, or what will happen going forward. I don't know if that means that ME4 will happen or that DLC will make it more clear, but either way I wanted more explanation from the game's real ending.

(And for the record, I went into the final battle with like 6500 effective military at 100% readiness, so I had three options at the end and chose the third)
SDoner8790  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I beat the game 2 days ago, I wasn't pissed at the ending either but it was pretty lacking. I just expected more, and some kind of epilogue, but it just kinda ends, and you have no idea what happens with anyone. The build up to the ending was so good though, so I just expected more out of it.

And I'm pretty sure they said this would be the end of Shepard's story, so if there is a ME4 it won't be about him.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SDoner8790 wrote:
I beat the game 2 days ago, I wasn't pissed at the ending either but it was pretty lacking. I just expected more, and some kind of epilogue, but it just kinda ends, and you have no idea what happens with anyone. The build up to the ending was so good though, so I just expected more out of it.

And I'm pretty sure they said this would be the end of Shepard's story, so if there is a ME4 it won't be about him.

I thought a great idea for a Mass Effect 4 would be to time skip ahead many many years, the races have managed to duplicate the Relay's or create something of their own, not to all systems, but getting there, generations of separation from their own homeworlds and the sudden return has brought a new era of understanding and advancement, but also turmoil to the galaxy as old problems come back to the surface. It would give everything a fresh start, but would still keep it in the universe we know, with stuff like Shepard and his crew living on through history as legends, with the Normandy going through many incarnations to the one you'll eventually have in the game, crewed by a mixed race team right away due all of those that were left behind on Earth. If it's only a few hundred years, we still would see some familiar faces from ME3, like Liara, maybe Samara depending on what her age is in ME3 (I know she's much older, but being able to live to possibly a thousand, she could still be around after a century or two), and whatever decedents there might be of the original crew. A new giant universe crushing enemy doesn't need to be the main plot here as it could just come down to turmoil between galaxies, where the choices involve which sides to take in the battles ahead.

I personally think this would be cool, but I doubt a ME4 would be anything like this. They'd most likely take the easy way out and just do a prequel of some sort, where they don't have to put alot of work into coming up with new stuff for the game.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: