Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Did you stick? (Derren Brown, UK)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Oatzem  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:26 pm    Post subject: Did you stick? (Derren Brown, UK) Reply with quote

For those of you brits who just watched that Derren Brown sticking to your chair thing, did you stick, or stand (WHEY i made that up)

I didnt, and none of my mates did either. fail.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did for around 5 seconds, then my dad forced me up

Massive thank you to the Scorehero mods for de-PermaRockering me after 6-7 dreadful years
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: da dan101
muna  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are talking about this, then it is a complete failure.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't stick, I did feel something though. And I'm know people who did stick. Was pretty interesting as an experiment.

Also, that youtube link doesn't work as the poster above said, plus if the link was to a video of the subliminal video Derren Brown used it wouldn't work anyway as he said in the show.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Goramoth
muna  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ScreamingEvil wrote:
I didn't stick, I did feel something though. And I'm know people who did stick. Was pretty interesting as an experiment.

Also, that youtube link doesn't work as the poster above said, plus if the link was to a video of the subliminal video Derren Brown used it wouldn't work anyway as he said in the show.

It was removed. I just tried to search again, but couldn't find it. I guess I will have no way of being able to stick to my chair since I don't live in the UK.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you believe it works then it will work, if you don't believe it works (like me) then it won't. It's the same thing with hypnosis shit. Some kids I know couldn't get hypnotized and some could when we had a hypnotist at my prom. I know I can't, I don't believe in it. It all comes down to your mindset.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The link does work, you just added an extra key at the end of the link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gudjhs88ETk

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

muna wrote:
If you are talking about this, then it is a complete failure.

That's not even the hypnotizing video that was played. And even if it was, that would never work, even the quality is horrible. He first shows the proper way to sit and breathe while completely relaxing you with his talk and telling what's gonna happen, then the hypnotizing video is played that sticks you to your seat. I didn't even try it, but when I watched the video it felt like I was going to some state of trance, but I was sitting in a weird position so it wouldn't have worked. I reckon it would work if I tried it. You just have to be completely relaxed and have your mind cleared of everything and it will work, but it won't work if you watch a small bad quality clip on YouTube, it has to be a good quality video that you can watch in full screen mode and it has to include the part where Derren talks before the hypnotizing video is played to get you relaxed and all that. The best way to try it is in a dark room and alone.

Here is the video, watch it in HD and in full screen mode: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jd54EZBH92A&hd=1

It doesn't have the part that "unglues" you though (basically just some text on one color background with a long BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP sound), but if you do get stuck, the effect should disappear in a short time.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh btw Muna the reply I posted earlier was a joke. I didn't mean to sound like a dick, I was just bored and thought it would be funny. sry

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stuck for about 5 minutes
Psalm 104:14 : He causeth the grass to grow for the cattle, and herb for the service of man
GH3 Goals: Enlightened Guitarist [ ] 13
FG5*: TTFAF, TWIE
PaddyRoon  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was laughing my ass off with my friends the whole way through, so no. I really wanted to watch it again with no distractions though, but I don't think it's going to be repeated.
FreeXBird  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

inkjt510 wrote:

What did the sticking feeling feel like?
JCM08  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I glanced away from the screen a few times, so it wouldn't work. I sky+'d it though, so when there are little distractions I'll re-watch it.

Wasn't a complete failure.

The build up to it was cool, with all the subliminal stuff and whatnot.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stuck for 5 minutes.
inkjt510  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FreeXBird wrote:
inkjt510 wrote:

What did the sticking feeling feel like?

I didn't feel like I had been glued there exactly. I just thought about moving to try to show that I could and I lost all energy/motivation to do anything but stare at the screen. I'll try it again right now so I can describe it better.

EDIT: Just watched it again, stuck for a bit (2-3 minutes) then got up after making a conscious effort to do it. I was thinking about whether I really wanted to get up or not for a relatively long period of time before I actually did. My eyes kept shifting to objects that I wanted to interact with (e.g the mouse, my cell phone, a stapler, a book) but I just didn't want to move my hand to get them. I get this feeling sometimes when I smoke a lot too but generally when I'm high I feel like I'm melting into or falling into whatever I'm sitting on. I'd call it different than that but sticking in an interesting experience. Pretty good for just a minute or two of video.
Psalm 104:14 : He causeth the grass to grow for the cattle, and herb for the service of man
GH3 Goals: Enlightened Guitarist [ ] 13
FG5*: TTFAF, TWIE
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: