ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Sharpies and Guitar Hero! (Pics of Facplate and more!)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ddrsensation  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:37 am    Post subject: Sharpies and Guitar Hero! (Pics of Facplate and more!) Reply with quote

EDIT: Bump for more pictures. Scroll down for shoes.

http://sharpiegamer.blogspot.com/

My cousin has a pride for decorating with sharpies, and I have a pride for playing Guitar Hero! What a better way to combine both of our passions into one by having him decorate my faceplate!

You can see full resolution pictures on his blog!

If you have any questions, please just ask away here, and I'll have him read these threads himself.

THANKS!

He's done a guitar and a pair of shoes as well!

Just some extra random artwork he added to his Facebook album.

BUMP FOR NEW SHOES

Last edited by ddrsensation on Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:59 pm; edited 3 times in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Wii Friend Code: 6027399410921283
Hafkie  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow... absolutely stunning. It's amazing what one can do with limited resources such as sharpie makers. Your cousin is very creative, both in design and execution, and I have to give him credit for that. This is just fantastic!
NSiYusuke  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoa! That's amazing! I'm especially digging the real guitar at the bottom there! It'd love to have a pick guard with that design on it!

RIP RBN
ddrsensation  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'd be surprised! This thing doesn't wear down at all! I expected it to around where I strum, ("DDR" in "DDRSENSATION"), but the laquer he covered the faceplate in prevents that from happening. I love my cousin.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Wii Friend Code: 6027399410921283
freeqaz  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was just about to say you should spray it with something to make sure it doesn't rub off. then i read your last post.
that's really awesome though. Jealous.
Owning a business is hard work. If you need any tech advise, you can reach me at contact@nsgeek.net or check us out on the web at http://nsgeek.net . We specialize in Web Design and Computer Repair. Aloha!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MWisBest  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome! With Sharpies? That's just ridiculous. I'd like to order one GH:WT faceplate please
ddrsensation  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MWisBest wrote:
Awesome! With Sharpies? That's just ridiculous. I'd like to order one GH:WT faceplate please

My cousin is currently doing my GHWT faceplate at the moment actually! I'll update the OP with the pictures whenever he's done with it. (He's currently in high school, so the faceplate is now a mix of procrastination and schoolwork). Thanks for the reply!

freeqaz wrote:
i was just about to say you should spray it with something to make sure it doesn't rub off. then i read your last post.
that's really awesome though. Jealous.

He says the faceplate he's doing right now is "optimal squeeze" so I don't know what to expect!
BriGuy  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks awesome! There's some incredible detail and crazy colors goin on there. Did he give you any idea what it was going to look like before he got started or did you just trust him to go wild and make it look cool.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW That last picture just made my jaw drop!

Can I just ask, how long does he usually take, when drawing these thing?

ddrsensation  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpoonPerson245 wrote:
WOW That last picture just made my jaw drop!

Can I just ask, how long does he usually take, when drawing these thing?

Well, the last one took about a week or two, but the GHWT guitar is at about a month so far, since he actually doodled and thought through this one on paper. Apparently he actually worked on a design, so I'm looking forward to what he's doing right now.

BriGuy wrote:
Looks awesome! There's some incredible detail and crazy colors goin on there. Did he give you any idea what it was going to look like before he got started or did you just trust him to go wild and make it look cool.

Yeah. The swirls are my favorite. ^^ I didn't know what he was doing. Creativity is something I know he has a lot of, and I knew that it would be as awesome as it sounded.

Thanks for the replies guys!
ddrsensation  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump for more pictures of other stuff.
gx1010  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:07 am    Post subject: Jese! Reply with quote

That's awesome! Does he just use a normal white wii face plait and draw over it? If he does I think I'll put a few skulls on a new one for me later:) Tell me what he uses other than sharpies
ddrsensation  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He just uses sharpies and laquer to protect it. He has a cup full of sharpies, (very limited in colors, and a bunch of black ones, being a main color and all), and the faceplate I used was the default Wii White one, but the GHWT one I spraypainted white for him.

I appreciate the feedback!
ddrsensation  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BUMP for new pictures of shoes.
GHWT faceplate has had a large delay. Sorry.
Wyatt965  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW! All that from SHARPIES?!?! Amazing, I wish I could do that.
[08:17pm] [12:54] <Angels2002> lol luk at me spin dis black circle around
[12:54] <Angels2002> hip hop!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: