ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Halo Series (Master Cheese Collection: November 2014)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 130, 131, 132  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BucketBlue  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I finally got all the Firefight achievements, as well as all the other ones but the Vidmasters. When everyone's ready, we can do a 4-player Vidmaster spree?

CorpusCollosum  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inv4der, we need to get some discussion going in this thread, let's hear your thoughts on...something!

For fun, I went to back and played Halo 1's campaign with a buddy of mine for a while today. Good stuff, good memories. It's actually rather shocking how much the game has changed since then (at least in regards to Halo 2 and 3; ODST is quite a bit more like Halo 1). I also realize how much more fun it is to fight Elites rather than Brutes. The Elites just seem to have more character and are more interesting foes. I also realize how much more fun the Flood were fun to fight in this game compared to 2 and 3. Honestly, this game nailed the campaign gameplay.

Currently playing: Gears, Batman
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: PistonHonda22 PSN Name: SodaPopinskii

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Halo 1's campaign was very good because it make you work on skills that would be useful in multiplayer, such as throwing grenades well and pistol skill. The campaigns of Halo 2 and 3 were much more about single player gags and deviation from such "standard" gameplay. Not to mention that even on Legendary, your enemies stood still . I didn't care for them. I didn't care for Halo 3's multiplayer either - it was everything I disliked about Halo 2, multiplied by three, with the consistency of H2 removed, and without any awesome maps like Lockout and Midship as saving grace.

It's hard to imagine that Halo 1's multiplayer was an afterthought to the game, as it is just such a blast. There is nothing on Earth more satisfying than a Killtactular from one pistol clip. That's the gold standard to me. If you could take that online easily and in a lag-free situation, that would probably be the majority of my gaming time.
xXryannn  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

005 wrote:
I didn't care for Halo 3's multiplayer either - it was everything I disliked about Halo 2, multiplied by three, with the consistency of H2 removed, and without any awesome maps like Lockout and Midship as saving grace.

Agreed. Also, both of those maps are available as DLC now (as if you didn't know that(?))

005 wrote:
If you could take that online easily and in a lag-free situation, that would probably be the majority of my gaming time.

Well, there is the PC version, and for Xbox, the program 'Xbox Connect'.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: xXryannnnnnnnnn
Bongsrheros  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got 2 of the 3 Vidmaster achievements , to any of you guys going to do the Vidmaster Deja Vu when you get to the first off ramp on the highway go down, you'll notice there are 4 Rocket Launchers that have 998 Rockets and 2 already loaded, Enjoy your 1000 rockets, theres 4 mongooses too, Best of luck fellow SHers
inv4der  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CorpusCollosum wrote:
inv4der, we need to get some discussion going in this thread, let's hear your thoughts on...something!

For fun, I went to back and played Halo 1's campaign with a buddy of mine for a while today. Good stuff, good memories. It's actually rather shocking how much the game has changed since then (at least in regards to Halo 2 and 3; ODST is quite a bit more like Halo 1). I also realize how much more fun it is to fight Elites rather than Brutes. The Elites just seem to have more character and are more interesting foes. I also realize how much more fun the Flood were fun to fight in this game compared to 2 and 3. Honestly, this game nailed the campaign gameplay.

It really did. Try comparing the H1 Elites to the H2 Elites some time. That's a saddening comparison.

xXryannn wrote:
005 wrote:
I didn't care for Halo 3's multiplayer either - it was everything I disliked about Halo 2, multiplied by three, with the consistency of H2 removed, and without any awesome maps like Lockout and Midship as saving grace.

Agreed. Also, both of those maps are available as DLC now (as if you didn't know that(?))

Blackout is part of the Legendary DLC, but Heretic is not, in fact, downloadable. They're both on the Halo 3: Mythic disc that comes with ODST though.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xXryannn wrote:

I haven't played the new version of Midship, so I can't comment on that one, but I didn't think Lockout Redux played very well at all. I mean, it looked cool, but I wasn't feeling it in terms of how it played. I will say that Forge is a good idea, and the best rounds of H3 I ever played were on a Forge map that my friend made. It was a really nicely arranged smaller map that was kind of an asymmetrical Wizard/Warlock, that promoted BR teamwork and being aware of enemies at multiple heights in front of and behind you. There weren't any great places to hunker down, so movement was encouraged, but at the same time, there weren't any spawn points where you had an extreme disadvantage (or advantage) on the spawn.

EDIT: for reference, it was a variation on Onslaught.

Last edited by 005 on Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
BucketBlue  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I miss fighting the Elites. Halo 1 really did have an amazing campaign. I dunno about you guys, but I honestly had more trouble on Halo 2's campaign on Legendary than I did Halo 1, 3, or ODST. Way too many Jackal snipers, and that one area on Delta Halo I think it was, with the tons of Drones in the forest. *shudder*

You mind if I add you on XBL inv4der? I'm sure we can get four people together for those Vidmasters soon. :P

xXryannn  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

005 wrote:
I haven't played the new version of Midship, so I can't comment on that one, but I didn't think Lockout Redux played very well at all. I mean, it looked cool, but I wasn't feeling it in terms of how it played.

Yeah, I hated Blackout too. The Midship remake is pretty good so far. I like how they kept the sides of pink ramp 'walkable'.

inv4der wrote:
Blackout is part of the Legendary DLC, but Heretic is not, in fact, downloadable. They're both on the Halo 3: Mythic disc that comes with ODST though.

Um ya I know.

BucketBlue wrote:
I miss fighting the Elites. Halo 1 really did have an amazing campaign. I dunno about you guys, but I honestly had more trouble on Halo 2's campaign on Legendary than I did Halo 1, 3, or ODST. Way too many Jackal snipers, and that one area on Delta Halo I think it was, with the tons of Drones in the forest. *shudder*

The jackals were a joke. They could headshot you without looking.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: xXryannnnnnnnnn
inv4der  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xXryannn wrote:
inv4der wrote:

Um ya I know.

xXryannn wrote:

DLC means downloadable content. Heretic is not downloadable. >__>

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regarding all these maps, is the notion that at some point all of them will be free? I can't remember, but I think I went in and downloaded all of H3's free ones just in case I ever buy the game and they aren't free anymore.

I forgot to mention that I only played a few games on it, so I'm not sure how great it is for the game, but I really liked the look of the grassy one with the satellites in the background. Reminded me of Contact.
CorpusCollosum  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BucketBlue wrote:
I dunno about you guys, but I honestly had more trouble on Halo 2's campaign on Legendary than I did Halo 1, 3, or ODST. Way too many Jackal snipers, and that one area on Delta Halo I think it was, with the tons of Drones in the forest. *shudder*

That's another good point. Halo 2's Legendary was incredibly cheap between the pinpoint accuracy of the Jackals and annoying-ass Drones, to the fact that you had to restart from the last checkpoint if one of you died in co-op. It became a chore at times to make any progress, and you had to be absurdly stealthy and tactical... which isn't necessarily a bad thing in itself, but it was taken a bit too far in Halo 2. I thought both Halo 1 and 3 did a solid job with their Legendary campaigns, and I'm a few levels in to ODST's Legendary and am liking it for the most part so far.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: PistonHonda22 PSN Name: SodaPopinskii
JRummel16  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forget the FPSs (COD dominates that market for me), Halo Wars is where it's at. I feel like I've almost worn that disc out. Such a good time.
CorpusCollosum  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JRummel16 wrote:
Forget the FPSs (COD dominates that market for me), Halo Wars is where it's at. I feel like I've almost worn that disc out. Such a good time.

Whoops, I suppose I should amend my comment about owning all the Halo games. I do not own Halo Wars, though I have played it a bit at my buddy's place. As much as I love the Halo universe, it really boils down to the gameplay, and I simply do not have as much fun nor can feel as immersed into RTS's as I can FPS's.

Nonetheless, it's cool to experience some pre-Reach story elements, and it was neat to see a past Arbiter (different from the one in Halo 2, obviously). Anyone anticipating a Halo Wars 2 with the obligatory cliffhanger ending on Legendary?

inv4der  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CorpusCollosum wrote:
JRummel16 wrote:

Whoops, I suppose I should amend my comment about owning all the Halo games. I do not own Halo Wars, though I have played it a bit at my buddy's place. As much as I love the Halo universe, it really boils down to the gameplay, and I simply do not have as much fun nor can feel as immersed into RTS's as I can FPS's.

Nonetheless, it's cool to experience some pre-Reach story elements, and it was neat to see a past Arbiter (different from the one in Halo 2, obviously). Anyone anticipating a Halo Wars 2 with the obligatory cliffhanger ending on Legendary?

I thought Ensemble was terminated, or whatever the term is.

I've heard the Harviter wasn't as nice as the current Arbiter. This is true, right?

Also, I'd really like to get a Deja Vu/Endure session soon. I'm available until 8pm EST tonight.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 130, 131, 132  Next
Page 3 of 132

Jump to: