ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
How to add Midi Events in your GH2 chart by the Anvil Studio

View previous topic :: View next topic  
3DDCharter  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:49 pm    Post subject: How to add Midi Events in your GH2 chart by the Anvil Studio Reply with quote

This tutorial teaches how to add in your chart of Guitar Hero 2's midi events.

Programs Needed:

- Anvil Studio
- Feedback 0.97b
- Ghexplorer
- Chart2Mid
- Audacity

NOTE: Highly recommended that your chart is already the way you want before you edit it by anvil studio, for putting midi on feedback and saving it will disappear all the events you've added the anvil studio, your chart can not be offset, I recommend that you synchronize a chart with the mp3 with the audacity

- Import your chart ever made in Ghexplorer and extract as mid.

Let's start by editing the "BAND DRUMS" (so that the drummer plays in carrer and quick play).

Basic Events:

Go add the basic events for Feedback on the "Expert Drums" (F8 key on feedback).

Events Guide: (W key on feedback)

[idle] - Drummer not play
[play] - drummer starts to play in time (ie, according to BPM)
[normal_tempo] - Drummer touches the first and third Measure (White line below the feedback)
[half_time] - Drummer touches on the first beat of each measure only
[double_time] - drummer play twice as long / 8 beats per measure
[allbeat] - drummer play 4 beats per measure
[nobeat] - Creates a dead beat where the drummer sits idle for each beat

After you put all it's time to write down all the basic events that you added in a block of notes with the exact time shown on the feedback after finishing DO NOT CLOSE THIS BLOCK OF NOTES!
Now replace the events "normal_tempo", "half_time", "double_time", "allbeat" and "nobeat all for idle.
because you have to convert the chart. pra mid. using Chart2Mid the way "ROCK BAND", if you do not replace the chart2mid will ignore these events.

Kick Drum (Note 36) - This note 36 should be inserted by the anvil to make the drummer kick the drum.

- Open the Chart that you changed everything to idle and play and go green inserting notes where you think the kick drum is played on Expert Drums, put to the end and save.

Cymbal Crashing (Note 37) - This note 37 should be inserted by the anvil to make the drummer play
cymbal.

- In the same chart and also on Expert Drums enter the orange notes where you hear the cymbal being played, put to the end and save.

Now open Chart2Mid, click Browse and download the chart that you left it idle and play, select mode Rock Band and click convert, you can close the program!

- Take your new mid q you converted and open it in Anvil Studio, note that in Track Name was created a track called Part Drums, click view>> composer, select Drums and Part two clicks, then rename the track it to "BAND DRUMS" (without the quotes), click view>> event list, notice that appeared a gigantic list of events and their respective times, get a block of noter that you noted the events right click on the event which takes time and a "comments" on the side and store them properly to the notebook that you noted the correct events by double-clicking the event to rename.

- Now called the events:

- NoteOn / NoteOff, chan? Note 96 are kick drum!
- NoteOn / NoteOff, chan? Note 100 are cymbal!

How is Kick Drum note 36, and Crash Cymbal 37 note is rename them.

EX: Two clicks in note 96 event will open a small window in parameter 1 put the value 36! do this in all events note 96 (a lot of patience in this part)

EX: Two clicks in the event note 100 will open a small window in parameter 1 put the value 37! do so in all note events 100 (a lot of patience in this part)

After you finish your drummer is now the way we wanted (100%)

Now it's time to edit the Singer

BAND SINGER (Mode lead singer singing in the Carrer and Quick Play)

- Open your feedback on the chart of music you are editing, not the mid to the events of the drummer, the other original, and press F10 to go to Part Vocals and go inserting [play] and [idle].

TIP: DO NOT HAVE TO PUT IDLE WHEN THE SINGER OF A BREAK FOR 5 SECONDS TO PUT IT IN PARTS
STAY SILENT FOR A GOOD TIME!

Once finished, write down the events and their time in a block of otes.

Since there is a Track to Track singer click>> Create>> Instrument Track, go to view>> composer and rename the Track for "BAND SINGER" without the quotes, go to view>> comments, the large square that appears type in descending order just the name of the event without the brackets, then click view>> event list, notice that they are without their time, we place them then click edit>> insert MIDI controller event, the new small window that appeared place the first time
event that you noted in your notebook and Kind of Event DX7AfterTouch choice of ok, now this new event that appeared double-click and copy the value of Time of Event and then to cancel, now double click the first event there above without your time and in time of event paste the value that you copied, notice that he was pro last place with its correct time, to go speeding ja you can delete the event DX7AfterTouch it was created, go on repeating the process until end following the reverse order!

Ready your vocalist is already 100%

BASS BAND (Mode bearded bassist who plays in Carrer and Quickplay)

Identical to the process BAND SINGER, the more I'll teach a much quicker way for BAND BASS.

- Select a Track "PART BASS" go to Track>> Clone, this new track "PART BASS" go to view, composer and rename it to "BAND BASS" without the quotes.

NOTE: It is obvious that to do so at their mid tem q ter notes and events [play] and [idle] in "PART BASS"
If you prefer you can do like you did in "BAND DRUMS, rename all the notes for 36, to make your strumming of bass to the music, but this is optional since it is not necessary.

Ready your bass is already 100%

Additional Other Events

On Track "PART GUITAR" you can add:

[map HandMap_Default] - Hand on the guitar neck normal
[map HandMap_Drop_D2] - Hand on the guitar neck MinusD2 normal?
[map HandMap_NoChords] - Animation of hand without Chords
[map HandMap_Solo] - Hand in low houses, hand making the solo.

Note 110: "big_note" - sighs of the crowd Cause if you miss a note while the note is at stake. Designed to be used as individual notes.

In the Tracks "PART GUITAR, PART GUITAR COOP and PART BASS"

note 40 - Hand on 1# fret
note 41 - Hand on 2# fret
note 42 - Hand on3# fret
note 43 - Hand on 4# fret
note 44 - Hand on 5# fret
note 45 - Hand on 6# fret
note 46 - Hand on 7# fret
note 47 - Hand on 8 # fret
note 48 - Hand on 9 # fret
note 49 - Hand on 10# fret
note 50 - Hand on 11# fret
note 51 - Hand on 12# fret
note 52 - Hand on 13# fret
note 53 - Hand on 14# fret
note 54 - Hand on 15# fret
note 55 - Hand on 16# fret
note 56 - Hand on 17# fret
note 57 - Hand on 18# fret
note 58 - Hand on 19# fret
note 59 - Hand on 20# fret

On Track "BAND SINGER"

Note 108: Controls the mouth of the singer. = Open note on, note off = closed.

Last edited by 3DDCharter on Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:32 pm; edited 4 times in total
bl1i8n2k  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. Did you find this yourself? I could probably make a video tutorial of this. Great job for finding this!

OBTAINED STATUS ON 11/12/09 AT 9:20 P.M. CT!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: E Ten Pooh Wii Friend Code: 2265615260693457
3DDCharter  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:22 pm    Post subject: Blink Reply with quote

Yeah man... with test test test test test and many tests, I got!!!

Maan you can download my Chart (Ticket to Heaven - 3 Doors Down) and put in a GH and make a video, because he has this events working perfectly!
bl1i8n2k  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey wait a minute, i know you. You were that kid who was making that 3 Doors Down hero, right?

Anyway, ill try it out.

OBTAINED STATUS ON 11/12/09 AT 9:20 P.M. CT!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: E Ten Pooh Wii Friend Code: 2265615260693457
3DDCharter  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:33 pm    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

Yes, Thanks bro!
aam369  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

finally i find this!!

thanks dude, but sounds complicated

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, this PART SINGER is cooking my head for many days. I followed the tutorial of Singer, but nothing happens. Incluiding:

Quote:
On Track "BAND SINGER"

Note 108: Controls the mouth of the singer. = Open note on, note off = closed.

This part of the Chart doesn't and AREN'T SUPPOSED to exist. I tested on GHII and GHIII and futhermore GH: WT, but I received the same thing. This vocalist stays Idle for all the time(even with the Play command)
3DDCharter  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:14 pm    Post subject: mexicanobrazil Reply with quote

You should be doing something wrong because I tested the band singer in my chart (Ticket to Heaven - 3 Doors Down (You can download it from here in my custom charts) and my singer is singing correctly, only his mouth I don't test yet, but I think it's not necessary, because I can't notice his mouth õ/

Good Luck !
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: