ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
DJ Hero Wishlist Thread (Mixes/Gameplay)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc DJ Hero Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheLonging  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can dream, but how about The Beatles' Come Together vs. Nine Inch Nails' Closer?

Or how about Never Gonna Give You Up vs. The Hand That Feeds?

NavyCherub wrote:
AshleyWilis wrote:
hi for me Its something different...
It seems like Full sound full combo...
I mean It show passion and determination for my guitar
Smoke weed erryday.
mikepalermo1  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some Chromeo would be awesome.

CDI  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cure For The Itch vs Session - Mr Hahn vs Mr Hahn

or

Cure For The Itch vs Kyur4 Th Ich - Mr Hahn vs Mr Hahn
higgatron  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i hope in the next installment the controller has a more authentic mixer setup. on your higher end professional dj mixers, there is an effects knob selector for various tweaks (filter, flange, echo etc) and a button to turn the selected effect on or off, and a musical timer for how often the effect repeats (1/4, 1/8 etc). i don't think it would add much to the game in turns of strategy, just would sound cooler and give more options than the knob with a preloaded filter effect (although filter is an awesome effect). i also like the idea of having 2 controllers connected for an authentic feel, but i'm unsure how the gameplay would adapt

please add.

Hafkie  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although, I don't have the game yet, I can say that I would really love it if you could make a "double deck" setup with the controller part and two turn table parts. Then have a double deck mode, with one song on each turntable. (Crossfader use would require you not have scratching on one hand, that way you don't need three hands.) This is a completely different way to play, but it is also generally more challenging, as it requires you to be more ambidextrous.

Also, much like how GH has free-drum mode with real drum samples, I think DJ Hero would really thrive with a freestyle mode that lets you use any of the 100+ songs yourself and make up your own mixes. So DJ Hero, keeps the traditional Hero gameplay but also opens up the door to improvisational non-scored gameplay that people also like. Doors open to both types of players.
Venim619  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, a small thing I noticed that just doesn't seem right to me is that these songs are like, 3-5 minutes. This is great for a while, but what I think would be pretty cool is if they added a few 40-60 minute mixes*. When DJs do a set, they don't normally play a mix, take a break and then play their next mix. It's all woven together. I don't think every song should be extremely long, but for extra challenge, it would be pretty cool to have not mixes, but complete sets.

higgatron wrote:
i also like the idea of having 2 controllers connected for an authentic feel, but i'm unsure how the gameplay would adapt.

I like the idea too. I imagine it would be kind of like DDR with two dance pads which, when you think of it like that, makes it sound pretty cool.

*Examples/Shameless plug for local talent: Here
machchunk  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's hard to find actual examples of the kind of mixes DJ Hero does, but I remembered one that could be fun

Red Hot Chili Peppers vs. X-Ecutioners - Higher Ground vs. Like This

Come to think of it, The X-Ecutioners are pretty much the perfect group for this. They make a lot of mashups, and even their original songs would work to an extent. They also made a remix for Amplitude, so they wouldn't be new to making original mixes for rhythm games.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: machchunk
Sarg338  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Venim619 wrote:
So, a small thing I noticed that just doesn't seem right to me is that these songs are like, 3-5 minutes. This is great for a while, but what I think would be pretty cool is if they added a few 40-60 minute mixes*. When DJs do a set, they don't normally play a mix, take a break and then play their next mix. It's all woven together. I don't think every song should be extremely long, but for extra challenge, it would be pretty cool to have not mixes, but complete sets.

higgatron wrote:
i also like the idea of having 2 controllers connected for an authentic feel, but i'm unsure how the gameplay would adapt.

I like the idea too. I imagine it would be kind of like DDR with two dance pads which, when you think of it like that, makes it sound pretty cool.

*Examples/Shameless plug for local talent: Here

ehhhhh, a song that long would be a bad idea. With rewinds, you would be playing the song for well over 2 hours. Its a game, its doesnt HAVE to be exactly like the real thing. The songs now are a fine length.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Venim619 wrote:
So, a small thing I noticed that just doesn't seem right to me is that these songs are like, 3-5 minutes. This is great for a while, but what I think would be pretty cool is if they added a few 40-60 minute mixes*.

that might be stretchin it. i think they should've had us mix into the next song on the setlist rather than having songs end. that way each setlist would be a little more like playing out, with some sort of beatmatching challenge with the addition of a pitch slider on the controller. then you end up with 15-30min sets for a bit more authenticity (hint hint activision)

but, as stated above, it's a game. a great game at that. i look forward to future installments

Grimnir  

Location: OMG you live in ut or play on psn? add me lets play!!!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have prefered 2 platters with no buttons on them. But I'm satisfied with what we've got. Just annoying as hell to hit some blue scratch patterns >_<

40-60 min songs? no way... frampton on guitar hero 5 was enough for me to definitely NOT want this...

but I do agree that a more seamless transition between mixes would add a niffty effect to the game.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dual platters with buttons is fine. I would have them both in the "left" position anyway. It wouldn't add a whole lot to strategy if you think about it [ you wannt try holding a button on one hand and scratching with the other etc? ] it might add some for the blue scratches but yeah. It'd a lot for just how fun the game could be. I have been [ since the day I got the game ] trying to convince 2 people to add the controllers together to see the effects

As for having one song go into another, they try by making it somewhat more seamless. It'd work better for, say, the Daft Punk songs, but yeah.

As for a song request, Organ Donor vs Gimme Gimme Gimme (A Man After Midnight) - DJ Shadow vs ABBA
Grimnir  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the effects of two controllers joined are thus:

In the menues, it appears both are fully opperational. However when you load a song, whether it is set to lefty or righty determines which side gets input. The other has no effect during a song.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It wouldn't be a common thing to see on every setlist, but maybe just one at the very end of the game to completely test/obliterate your stamina. I mean, after a good 20 minutes alone, you'd be so immersed into the game. I'm not saying, "every song should be long as hell," but more that there should be a song (or two) that can test not only your ability to scratch, use the crossfader and tap buttons, but also your stamina. Think, ESL on RB1/2. Passing it alone would be an accomplishment and 5 starring it would be God-like.
Grimnir  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First... passing everything on djhero is... well you can't fail. In case you didn't notice <_< so no.

second, 5*ing anything (after you can play the first 3rd well) is basically as given as passing the song <_<

30-40 minutes would just turn into monotonous........ no... just no... I hated it on gh when they did that... and I would fucking hate it on dj hero too. ttfaf is about as long as a song should be <_< and ONLY if it's that hype through the whole song. dream theater Pull Me Under was a fail, peter frampton was a fail, unforgiven III was a fail... and so would a 30-40 minute song on dj hero.

Plus, realistically, unless it was just crazy stupid throughout... it would turn into an hour and a half with rewinds <_< Already we are seeing some 5-6 minute songs taking upwards of 10 minute for a play <_< and we're not even talking full combos yet.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Chemical Brothers - number 1 choice and a must for the next game

Basement Jaxx - good tunes

Groove Armada - as above

The Prodigy - would kick ass

2ManyDJ's - masters of the mashup

David Holmes - awesome dj/musician who would be perfect for this game. see essential mix june 1997 for many examples.

MixMaster Mike = more Beastie Boys. tell me that's not a good thing

More 80's rap - Run DMC, Kurtis Blow, Sugarhill Gang, NWA to name but a few please

James Lavelle/UNKLE - see The Prodigy

And finally more DJ Shadow. that guy is a legend.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc DJ Hero Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: