ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Broken effects dial help!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc DJ Hero Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Unsteadycarrot  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:31 pm    Post subject: Broken effects dial help!!! Reply with quote

After waiting bloody ages for this to get delivered it appears my effects dial is borked!!

when i turn it sometimes it will make the cross fader go to the right for a split second, i cant change samples and i cant use its "whammy" feature!!!!

no way am i sending it back just yet as i only just got the bloody thing and i MUST PLAY IT, effects dial or not.

anyone know what kind of thing ill be looking at/for if i was to open it up?

Thanks in advance for any help.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I say try to open it up and troubleshoot yourself, or return it.

Would be nice to see what it looks like on the inside of the hardware though.

Good luck in whatever you end up doing.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: xTHExLOCUSTx
Unsteadycarrot  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i opened it up >.> big help that was, NOT.

(never took a picture, sorry guys)

behind the effects dial is some kind of big metal round thing? looks like a big watch battery. and there was no way i could see of removing it!!...totally stumped with how i can fix it.

gonna check activision customer support but i dont want to send off my panel until they send me a new one >.<

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@yamerias also, two of the finest CS cats ever are here on Twitter to help people out. Hit up @ATVI_Bernard or @ATVI_Randolph. (via @GuitarHeroDevs)

I would try talking to them
Unsteadycarrot  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i guess that means im going to have to give up and get a twitter account too then xD...never even thought i would get a facebook.

damn you people and your healthy networking sites!

ill drop a couple of questions to those people toymachine, theres a few things i want to try (without tampering with the insides)..i read somewhere it might be a sync/battery problem.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where did you buy it dude? Before you get rid of it lets have a blast online. Will you be on Xbox Live later on?
Unsteadycarrot  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i might be, although im on now for a bit and later sara might be on borderlands xD

im in no hurry to send it off just yet, gona wait a bit and see if anyone finds a simple fix first, cant go another week or 2 without it >.>

*edit*

i got it from zavvi.co.uk.

also it turns out that when i try and scratch the red button will random press? and this loses my combo, sometimes all 3 buttons will apear pressed losing my combo again.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carrot, you aren't going to believe this. My controller has started doing that. I phoned Activision and they are sending me a replacement controller for absolutely nothing!

Because the support line was not working. I have been given a internal number for Activisions UK support and they were great help!
Unsteadycarrot  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

any chance you could give me that number?..this is seriously doing my head in but i dont want to NOT have a turntable .

*edit* Tryed phoning and i just got an email to the warranty online page >.>

gave in and tryed filling it in up until the point where it asks for the dj hero serial number, which is apparently behind the battery compartment, so i pop out the batterys and try both the numbers on the sticker, turns out neither of them are the serial number!!

so now im going to have to wait (again) until tomorow, and phone customer support again.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My D-Pad's right doesn't work :|

I got it from a local best buy, gotta see if they will let me return it.
Unsteadycarrot  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I applied for my Dj hero turntable RMA yesterday and was told id be emailed a pre-paid shipping label. until now my RMA status has just said standard - new

I have NOT recieved a shipping label but my RMA status is now "COMPLETE"

does anyone know what this means? do i now expect the pre-paid label in my inbox? or will they just send a turntable to me without the need for my old one.

rather confusing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc DJ Hero Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: