ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Rock Band vs Guitar Hero

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigChrisfilm  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:43 am    Post subject: Rock Band vs Guitar Hero Reply with quote

So here is a question I, I'm looking to purchase one or the other but what I'm wondering is this. Which brand of drums works best on with the other game? IE Does Rock Band drums work better with Guitar Hero than Guitar Hero drums work with Rock Band or is it the other way around?

Goals:

Guitar Hero
Get Top 300 on Hard (328th)

Accomplishments:

Guitar Hero
Beat Game
Deak2112  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well in my experience the WT drums are faulty and suck. It's like the LP for the PS3, most are bad but people still get good ones. The RB2 stock all 3 RB2 stock drums I've played on have handled fine. RB drums in GH can get a little awkward during fills because the two middle pads are cymbals instead of the 2 on the right as per RB. WT drums in RB can get awkward too because the orange pad can get in the way. If I gave a recommendation I would say get the RB2 kit.

For lulz my Wiki and for My Youtube Channel

Free Bird since 11/9/2009
My only regret is that I only have one life to give for my Lord
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: Deak2112
ccmoose  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say get the IONs. You can rearrange the pads for GH if the layout is troublesome (e.g. Brianstorm). Also, I seem to recall a thread in the Hardware forum about a mod that adds the 5th lane for the ION kit.

toymachine  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you want Guitar Hero drums wait for the Band Hero drums to be sold where you live =)
CoalfieldRocker  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the only thing awkward about using the WT kit to play rockband is your blue drum pad has to be used as a cymbal in a lot of sections, which feels really weird. also the yellow cymbal is often used as a tom in RB. idk, its just feels really weird to me to have to do those 2 things
TheThirdDay  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd have to agree with Deak, The RB2 kit is excellent. (Most kits) are perfectly capable and will play just fine, unlike the WT kit, which has been reported unreliable, and unlike the IONs, it won't break the bank. If you really plan on getting serious about drumming, the IONs may be the way to go, but the price is very steep.

I have still yet to hear anything about the reliability of the Band Hero Kit, so keep your ears open. If it plays as good as it looks (It just looks sturdy, unlike the WT kit, which just looked unreliable, honestly.), it may be the way to go. I'd imagine that would be less awkward than playing GH with four lanes (Rolling from red to green back to red is ridiculous.).
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably slightly less awkward to use an RB kit on GH. Doing that its still a little weird when you have fills that go RRBBGGY or RRGGRRGGY due to the chart translation from 5 to 4 lane, but those arent very common and are mostly doable. In my experience trying to hit that stuff makes me better at less ridiculous fills so I look at it as a bonus.

Like someone above said if you use GH drums on RB youll be using cymbals as toms and vice versa, which to me is much more awkward.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: