The NFL Thread- Super Bowl XLVII: The Harbowl
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 94, 95, 96 ... 109, 110, 111  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
krisdaschwab912  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fUNC wrote:
SpoonMan wrote:
worst #1 pick ever..... otherwise pretty good

5,000+ yard passer with a late first-round pick? False.

Good draft, and as a betting man I'm going to assume that DSJ will take Migraine Harvin's place and Redman will take Matthews' place sooner rather than later.

But you could draft a 4500+ yard passer (Ryan, Romo, Flacco, and like three others) in the fourth, fifth or even sixth round. The only time I would ever draft a quarterback first is if I am picking fourth overall and Rodgers wasn't picked in the first three.
fUNC  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

krisdaschwab912 wrote:
fUNC wrote:
SpoonMan wrote:
worst #1 pick ever..... otherwise pretty good

5,000+ yard passer with a late first-round pick? False.

Good draft, and as a betting man I'm going to assume that DSJ will take Migraine Harvin's place and Redman will take Matthews' place sooner rather than later.

But you could draft a 4500+ yard passer (Ryan, Romo, Flacco, and like three others) in the fourth, fifth or even sixth round. The only time I would ever draft a quarterback first is if I am picking fourth overall and Rodgers wasn't picked in the first three.

Most years I agree with you- the problem for me this year is that after Foster, McCoy, Rice, Forte, Calvin Johnson, the two stud TEs in Gronk and Jimmy Graham, and arguably Chris Johnson... so, let's say she's picking in the 8-10 range- every other RB and WR drops down a full tier either via injury question marks or by virtue of topping out at the 1100-1200 yard mark for the WR spot. The top three QBs- Rodgers, Brady, and Brees- have almost legendary consistency, 2008 obviously aside.

Also, as far as 4500 yard passers.... no way Romo gets there this year. The Cowboys are a damn mess. Eli and Stafford? That I could listen to (I've drafted Eli in every league I'm in this year minus the SH one).

Also, random note for the FF league- 9001 has the best team slogan ever.
/Biased

~Kyle~

Scorehero's #1 Chiefs fan and L4D2 player
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: samsa3
BrianBAM19  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm 125% sure SpoonMan only said that because he's a Jets fan, and hates Tom Brady's guts.

Tony Romo has never thrown for 4500 yards in a season, although he has thrown for over 4000 yards 3 times. He threw for nearly 4200 yards, and 31 TD's, with the same shitty offensive line he had last year.

The team acquired center Ryan Cook from Miami(apparently the Cowboys and Dolphins are butt buddies, players are always coming and going to each other's rosters), but the line is still terrible. Cook will probably win the job by default, as long as he knows how to snap a football(the sad thing is, that's not being sarcastic in the slightest).

As far as I care, Eli's season last year was quite the anomaly. He throws for nearly 5000 yards, when before then, his career high was 4021 yards. I don't see Eli getting 4500 yards either, but 4200-ish sounds right. The Giants couldn't run the ball much last year, due to injuries along the o-line and to Bradshaw.

Joe Flacco? A 4500 yard passer? Um...yeah, good luck with that. He's never even thrown for 3700 yards, and his accuracy isn't great. Plus, Ray Rice. I don't buy this no-huddle stuff allowing Flacco to air it out THAT much. Even if he did, he'd just end up throwing more INT's.

If Stafford and Megatron play all 16 games, no way he doesn't top 4500 yards again. I mean, c'mon man.

Also, 5 days until the Cowboys get whooped by the Giants. Yay.....this season's not gonna be fun.

KoE wrote:
<KoE> she wanted to put the BAM in brianbam.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: BrianBAM19
DragoonKain  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's my other professional league (2 RB, 2 WR, RB/WR flex):

Quote:
QBs: Cam Newton, Matt Schaub
RBs: Matt Forte, Marshawn Lynch, Beanie Wells, Kevin Smith, Michael Bush
WRs: Percy Harvin, Antonio Brown, Dwayne Bowe, Lance Moore, Laurent Robinson
TE: Aaron Hernandez
D/ST: Eagles
K: Robbie Gould

In terms of draft order, I went:

Quote:
7. Cam Newton
14. Matt Forte
27. Marshawn Lynch
34. Percy Harvin
47. Antonio Brown
54. Aaron Hernandez
67. Dwayne Bowe
74. Beanie Wells
87. Kevin Smith
94. Michael Bush
107. Matt Schaub
114. Lance Moore
127. Eagles D/ST
134. Laurent Robinson
147. Robbie Gould

What do you guys think?

Also, to respond about my previous pick, SpoonMan was definitely only referring to the fact that he's a Jets fan and hates Brady. However, I will always go QB first round unless I can get Rodgers, Brady, or Newton in the 2nd round. In this case, I couldn't get any of the top 5 after the 1st round (Rodgers went #1, Brady went #4, Newton went #7 [obv], Stafford went #8, Brees went #9), and I believe in getting a top QB and TE and worrying about making sure you have good #s of RBs and WRs and good starters.

53964.png
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: DragoonKain07
fUNC  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like that one much better.

Here's another draft I did, with QB as my obvious weak spot:

~Kyle~

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: samsa3
DragoonKain  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fUNC wrote:
I like that one much better.

Here's another draft I did, with QB as my obvious weak spot:

How is QUARTERBACK your weak point? You have a guaranteed 270 points with standard scoring there. WR, on the other hand, is very risky. You have 3 low-floor, high-ceiling WRs who are virtually all TD-dependent. Your 3rd RB also leaves something to be desired, unless you're super-high on Hillis or something. Not condemning your draft, but if you want some criticism, I would say to have at least one WR that doesn't have risk.

53964.png
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: DragoonKain07
fUNC  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm indeed very high on Hillis- he looked like a man reborn this preseason/training camp. Plus, now that he has a much better line than he had in Cleveland and more distractions/weapons, I see a lot of good things barring injury.

Rice, Amendola, and Moeaki are all risks, but those three and my kicker came in the last four rounds. I pay a lot of attention to the waiver wire over the season too, but you're absolutely right about consistency being a potential issue.

~Kyle~

DragoonKain  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm gonna act like Matthew Berry and make my bold predictions:

Top 3 QBs: 1. Rodgers, 2. Brady, 3. Newton

Top 3 RBs: 1. Lynch, 2. Foster, 3. Rice

Top 3 WRs: 1. Harvin, 2. Julio Jones, 3. Jennings or Nelson

Top 3 TEs: 1. Gronkowski, 2. Graham, 3. Hernandez

Top 3 D/STs: 1. Bears, 2. Eagles, 3. Seahawks

DISCUSS!

Edit: Week 1 Bold Prediction is 35-31 Dallas with Eli throwing 3 picks to 3 different Dallas players. Tony Romo throws a pick, and Dallas also loses a fumble. And the top 3 non-QB fantasy players, in order, are: 1. Hakeem Nicks, 2. Dez Bryant, 3. DeMarco Murray.

53964.png
fUNC  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One more hour...

~Kyle~

DragoonKain  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I apologize for asking this to whoever's team is "I'm Thinking RBs," but I believe that the waiver system should be in place Kyle.

Apparently it's not, and he was able to grab Ogletree *during the game,* which is quite frankly pretty BS and I ask that you change it by reverting his free agency add and reinstating the waiver wire. Otherwise it's just not fair at all.

53964.png
fUNC  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So for those that weren't privy to how that ended up shaking down, I've got Ogletree being dropped for another player, but he won't become available until the 12th for anybody. Steph and I agreed that it was the most fair scenario, as it essentially makes the guy off-limits until a full week passes. The default Yahoo waiver setting (which I didn't realize- everything in the SH league is default, as I like to use it for my placebo league) is Sunday-Tuesday, which put this unique Wednesday game as a time that you could grab anybody right away. The waiver time is now set as "first game of the week-Tuesday," which should fix any future issues.

~Kyle~

BrianBAM19  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh...well I'm way happier now than I was at this time after week 1 last year. I definitely wasn't expecting that outcome. Then again, I wasn't expecting Kevin Ogletree, of all people, to go off like that. The Cowboys just played really good all throughout the game. I got jaded after last season, and I didn't expect them to win this game, so hey, it's a nice start indeed. I'm definitely liking how good the team looked.

The only complaint I have is that that pathetic, lazy fatass, Martellus Bennett, got a TD catch. Oh, and the penalties. Before Austin snagged that long TD, there must've been 5 or 6 penalties on the Cowboys, on that drive alone. Otherwise, the team played great all around. Several guys made big plays. On to Seattle!

KoE wrote:
<KoE> she wanted to put the BAM in brianbam.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: BrianBAM19
HylianHero  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't normally like to post rosters, but I will be a bit upset if I don't at least get to the playoffs with this team. (Keep in mind that it's a 10-team league )

Quote:
QB: Matt Ryan, Jay Cutler
RB: Darren McFadden, Jamaal Charles, Adrian Peterson, Robert Turbin
WR: AJ Green, Percy Harvin, Vincent Jackson, Eric Decker, Torrey Smith
TE: Fred Davis, Jacob Tamme
D/ST: Eagles
K: Jason Hansen

I'm surprised the Cowboys were able to overcome their awful o-line and win, but I'm glad. The Giants were the most annoying team in New York last year, and it'll be nice to have some of the hype die down a bit.

Also, since we're posting bold predictions, I might as well throw out the one I've been banking on. I think the Seahawks are good enough to uproot the Niners for the NFC West title. Pete's teams do awfully well at home, and I think Russell Wilson is legit enough to keep them in any game they need to be in.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnathan Vilma, Scott Fujita, Will Smith, and Anthony Hargrove all won their appeal against Bounty-gate. All I have to say is whoever has the Saints D is gonna be raking in the points.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: RLKDragon
DragoonKain  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RLKDragon wrote:
Johnathan Vilma, Scott Fujita, Will Smith, and Anthony Hargrove all won their appeal against Bounty-gate. All I have to say is whoever has the Saints D is gonna be raking in the points.

Vilma is on the PUP list, Fujita is a Brown, Hargrove is a FA, and Smith has been banned from practice for months. I highly disagree sir

53964.png
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 94, 95, 96 ... 109, 110, 111  Next
Page 95 of 111

Jump to: