Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Estimated Cutoffs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gweeto  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you plan to post your estimates for all skill levels Riff?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've updated the expert level estimates. Nearly all of the estimates match the current proven 4-star and 5-star cutoffs. Bark at the Moon is off by a whopping 2 points. One or two other songs are off by less than 20. The problem child of this game remains Texas Flood. The estimated base score is off by more than 50. The midi file also contains chords where each note starts at a slightly different time delta. I adjusted my processing to take care of the chord issues but I suspect there may be other similar traps that will cause the sustained note point calculations to be incorrect.

You may notice that the post contains actual sustain points and contributing sustain points. The method used in-game to award sustain points is different from the method used to calculate the number of sustain points that contribute to the base score for the cutoff rating. The game will award sustain points rounding to the nearest integer but the cutoff calculations require the truncated calculation (round to zero).

Location: The Hall of the SH Council... watching... (not really)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riff wrote:
The problem child of this game remains Texas Flood. The estimated base score is off by more than 50.

What the **** are you talking about? The cutoffs you gave me yesterday were perfect, for both 4 and 5 stars, and I put the pics to prove it in the Song Stats.
MaximusDM  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not post them for all difficulties? I was recently trying to narrow it down a bit on Easy by cutting alot of the higher numbers in half, but if you have numbers with a bit less of error which they seem to I would like to try to hit them on the lower difficulties.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

krimsunmunkeys wrote:

What the **** are you talking about? The cutoffs you gave me yesterday were perfect, for both 4 and 5 stars, and I put the pics to prove it in the Song Stats.

The Texas Flood base score was correct but other estimated base scores were incorrect, especially for the difficulty levels that were not yet posted. My new estimates are consistent with all proven cutoff values for all difficulty levels with very few exceptions. At expert difficulty, only Texas Flood and Bark at the Moon are slightly off (< 100 points). At easy difficulty, Texas Flood is the only estimate that is off. At medium difficulty, Thunder Kiss 65 is off by a couple of points but Callout is off by 1154 points in the base score which is a hell of a lot.

In short, I may have broken the estimate for Texas Flood on expert but so many other estimates were fixed that I think the fact that the original estimate matched the actual cutoff was just coincidence.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey You was right

Anthony  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Riff you wanna post the estimated cutoffs for Hard?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: