ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Beast And The Harlot
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Piso  

Location: Long Island... owait, Vancouver Island... Yep, Vancouver Island.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:57 am    Post subject: Beast And The Harlot Reply with quote

Would it be possible to 5* this song with perfect on everything except the main riff that goes GGGGG (chord) GGGGG (chord)? I don't think I have a hope in hell at getting that riff down anytime soon, but still want to get this song done sometime.
suspectfenster  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can't hold a combo on that part, I'd say your odds of pulling out a five star are minimal to impossible. I could be wrong, but it doesn't seem likely to me.

This is part is a nuisance, but after some practice really isn't that bad. If you REALLY can't hit it, then you may simply be getting a little ahead of yourself. Go back and try some easier songs before coming back and wrestling with this one. Best of luck!
Th30ddOne  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a bastard, but you're gonna have to be able to hold a decent combo on that part me thinks. You don't need to 100% that part all the way through, but being able to get it to 4x for a couple seconds would be good.

Edit: Looks like I was wrong. Just get really good at the rest of the song.

Last edited by Th30ddOne on Sun Feb 04, 2007 7:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Dynasty99  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

completely possible. I did anyway. get the occasional 2X on those sections and you should be fine.
ShaYrL  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't do that part either, but for some reason I can keep a streak on each star power of that which made it possible for me to five star it
MJM249  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't 5* BatH until I got the main riff down, even with 100% on the fun and stretchy choruses. Now so long as I hit the main riff somewhat consistently, I kick the song's ass.

AlCapwned  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All it took for me was a decent job on the main riff(x1-x2), a good solo run (x4), and hitting everything else but missing a couple notes.
LocalH  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Beast And The Harlot Reply with quote

Piso wrote:
Would it be possible to 5* this song with perfect on everything except the main riff that goes GGGGG (chord) GGGGG (chord)? I don't think I have a hope in hell at getting that riff down anytime soon, but still want to get this song done sometime.

That part's not that hard, here's the strum rhythm (| character denotes measure boundaries, goes before the first note of the measure):

Strum - |DUDUD DUDUD DUDU|D DUDUD DUDUD D |DUDUD DUDUD DUD DUDUD DUDUD DUD

For the frets I normally shift to GRYB for that section, shift up for the YO sustain right after 16 measures of the riff, and then shift back to GRYB for the next 8 measures of the riff, at which point I go back to RYBO until the next time that riff comes up.

Here's a video showing me getting 5* with 96% notes hit.
FlimFlam  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:08 am    Post subject: Re: Beast And The Harlot Reply with quote

LocalH wrote:
Piso wrote:

That part's not that hard, here's the strum rhythm (| character denotes measure boundaries, goes before the first note of the measure):

For the frets I normally shift to GRYB for that section, shift up for the YO sustain right after 16 measures of the riff, and then shift back to GRYB for the next 8 measures of the riff, at which point I go back to RYBO until the next time that riff comes up.

Here's a video showing me getting 5* with 96% notes hit.

This is definately the way to go. I don't even hit the chorus that well, and I can get 370,xxx on this.
manicmonkey  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the first time i played this song, i couldn't play the main riff worth shit, yet i somehow 5*ed it with 315k so as long as ur good at the rest of the song you should be ok five starring it. good luck
Metalmuppet  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:27 am    Post subject: Re: Beast And The Harlot Reply with quote

LocalH wrote:

I strum it this way: DUDUD UDUDU DUDUD UDUDU DUDUD U DUDUD UDUDU DUD UDUDU DUDUD UDU. I seem to NOT have any troubles with this song. But it's just the solo that I have to work on so that I can FC the whole song.
NIUDrew  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:22 am    Post subject: Beast and the Harlot Reply with quote

This is my first Face Melter 5* - You don't have to hit the riff consistently, but you need to get some streaks - my 290*** involved exiting the last of those tough riffs with 4x and FC'ing the rest of the song. In fact, I had to FC pretty much everything outside of those riffs and the nasty solos, including the first RRRRY,RRRRB,RRRRO... riff which I used SP on. (maybe I got -1 on it).
nightrain78  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The main riff in this song is a bitch, but I found that I did much better when I spread out my stance and moved with the beat. It also helps to go into slow and get used to it.

And I found it impossible to 5* it without knowing the main riff
The0ldMan  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Work on that in practice. I used be like you, constantly dipping into the red or breaking combos, but once I got it down, I FCd everthing but the solo and the GRYBOBYRG at the beginning. Its not that hard.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: The0ldMan
DemonixX  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

suspectfenster wrote:
If you can't hold a combo on that part, I'd say your odds of pulling out a five star are minimal to impossible. I could be wrong, but it doesn't seem likely to me.

This is part is a nuisance, but after some practice really isn't that bad. If you REALLY can't hit it, then you may simply be getting a little ahead of yourself. Go back and try some easier songs before coming back and wrestling with this one. Best of luck!
Sounds like a challenge to me! I'm gonna do it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: