Baseball: Guys it's football season who cares about baseball
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 72, 73, 74, 75  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
retop56  

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

9001 wrote:
thenewkidaw71 wrote:
HellAshes wrote:
Mets continually waste great starting pitching as often as they can, don't they. -_-

haha and my indians make use of it, then trade it. they have this pitching pattern of

1.trade for prospect pitcher
2.train him in minors
3.call him up
4.he wins cy young
5.TRADED...

cliff lee, cc sabathia, were even trying to trade cy young runner up from 2 years ago fausto carmona... its pathetic
No, that's the A's, except it not only applies to pitcher's, but position players too.

1. Zito (failed to sign)
2. Mulder (trade)
3. Hudson (trade)
4. Holliday (trade)
5. Haren (trade)
6. Tejada (I forget)
7. Blanton (See: Tejada)
8. Swisher (See: Blanton)

And I'm probably forgetting a few others as well.

LOL Billy Bean FTL. Although I did read MoneyBall: The Art of Winning an Unfair Game and he sounds like a smart person. Good read for any baseball fan.

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

go jays yeahhhhhhhhhhh

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

snowyporpoise wrote:
go jays yeahhhhhhhhhhh

If we could play against out own division half decently, we might have a chance, but we are playing a bit over our head currently.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Quakmybush
Sully  

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Papelbon almost blew it again tonight.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: vSully
fUNC  

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

9001 wrote:
thenewkidaw71 wrote:
HellAshes wrote:
Mets continually waste great starting pitching as often as they can, don't they. -_-

haha and my indians make use of it, then trade it. they have this pitching pattern of

1.trade for prospect pitcher
2.train him in minors
3.call him up
4.he wins cy young
5.TRADED...

cliff lee, cc sabathia, were even trying to trade cy young runner up from 2 years ago fausto carmona... its pathetic
No, that's the A's, except it not only applies to pitcher's, but position players too.

1. Zito (failed to sign)
2. Mulder (trade)
3. Hudson (trade)
4. Holliday (trade)
5. Haren (trade)
6. Tejada (I forget)
7. Blanton (See: Tejada)
8. Swisher (See: Blanton)

And I'm probably forgetting a few others as well.

Kansas City, Baltimore, Toronto... this is true of any small-market team these days. Everybody wants to point to the Rays and shout, "NO! LOOK! SMALL-MARKET TEAMS CAN WIN!", but history has shown that to be the exception rather than the rule.* Small clubs try harder because they have to. Until baseball adopts a more equal revenue-sharing system and/or salary cap like the NFL or even basketball, there will always be nine to ten teams at the beginning of the season that have no shot at winning a title. It almost becomes a country club-type atmosphere where players know that they can just relax and put in minimal effort because it's what the fanbase expects.

*On that note, let's see what the team looks like when they have to deal with a glut of new contracts in the next few years.

~Kyle~

Scorehero's #1 Chiefs fan and L4D2 player
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: samsa3
NunsNMoses  

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reds, tied for first, lolwut. It won't last.
SDoner8790  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, did anyone see that Tigers perfect game shit. The Ump totally blew the call. TOTALLY blew it. Unbelievable. I'm an umpire myself, and that pisses me off so badly. It was an obvious out. Fuck.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SDoner8790 wrote:
Ok, did anyone see that Tigers perfect game shit. The Ump totally blew the call. TOTALLY blew it. Unbelievable. I'm an umpire myself, and that pisses me off so badly. It was an obvious out. Fuck.

The ump was an ass. Too bad. I feel bad for Galarraga. That was the most BULLSHIT call I've seen.
-Rock band 3
-Fallout:New Vegas
sorasgoof  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I literally threw my cell phone when he blew that call. It was a backup cell phone from 2004 I was messing with, but still. :P

Any chance MLB rules that an out after the fact? Nope.

Check out my Youtube channel!
We have a Dead Space 2 Hardcore run coming out very shortly, an ongoing Portal Let's Play, an ongoing Super Mario RPG Let's Play, AND a Max Payne Let's Play in the works. Be a hipster! Follow Full Grown Gaming before most people do!
Quakmybush  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

terrible call. Why they cant add video replay is beyond me.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Quakmybush
thenewkidaw71  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweakbox12 wrote:
SDoner8790 wrote:

The ump was an ass. Too bad. I feel bad for Galarraga. That was the most BULLSHIT call I've seen.

im from the cleveland area and i feel bad for galarraga. that was the worst call ever, they need to have better standards if this guy can be an mlb umpire. grrr

My Guitar Hero Acc. Thread / My Rock Band Acc. Thread / My Youtube / My Cult of Personality Guide / My Rock You Like a Hurricane Guide
Ontwikseltsaar wrote:
These charts look awfully fun so far. But hey, you can't spell Guiftaru Henro without f-u-n.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: iSWIMaw71
Mischlings  

Location: The state of Confusion (aka Michigan (Ann Arbor, if you want to get specific))

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a Tigers fan, but my bias has nothing to do with my outrage over that call. I cannot stand the fact that everyone around it knows that it's the wrong call but no one can do a thing about it.

I just need the chance to vent about this. I cannot believe that horrible fucking call was made. I understand that the umpire's job is difficult, but that is the entire reason they are trained so well. He's been a great umpire up until now, never causing problems, but this happens. There have been other incidents with umpires this season, so maybe something will be changed.

I don't know what I think of them adding more instant replay, though. It's something that I just don't know what to think of.

My YouTube account

Playing:
Rock Band 2
Pokemon Diamond (Friend Code: 2622 6465 1998)
Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts
A million Super Mario World Rom Hacks
MetalheadNorm  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ I just so happened to see this, and even thought I'm just a casual fan of the tigers, I was still standing there with a face like saying 'seriously? this guy is just TRYING to be a dick, no one would seriously call that an out' then I saw the replay and sat there with a face like , 'someone ought to fire this douche.'
032 x 12" Vinyl
001 x 10" Vinyl
008 x 7" Vinyl
003 x Hooded Sweatshirt
016 x T-shirt
011 x Patch
028 x Band Pin
skinnywhitecomic  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim Joyce is going to be tarred and feathered.

snowyporpoise  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

he wasnt trying to be a dick, he made the call he thought was right (IE what an umpire SHOULD do, dont just call him out just because its a perfect game in the 9th). He even immediately apologized after seeing the replay, but of course you cannot rescend a call, no matter what the situation. Give this guy a break guys, yes he made a horrible call and he knows it, but theres nothing he can do about it.

but yes this sucks hardcore.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 72, 73, 74, 75  Next
Page 73 of 75

Jump to: