SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The 360 LP Tilt Sensor Adjustment / Disable Guide - UPDATED
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sscotth  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by sscotth on Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:25 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: XxTrEmExScotTxX
Cyp-  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thx to everyone on this post ! ! !

I will no be angry now for my 3 in SP path

great to share this !

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In June I bought a 360 LP and have been using it with Guitar Hero 3 and Rock Band. Using Star Power has been interesting with this new guitar - I was hoping someone could help me out. My LP has been behaving in the following ways:

In GH3, when playing a song: The first time in the song I get a half a meter of star power, the star power is instantly activated. I've kept the guitar completely still and this still happens. When I get star power again in the same song, I cannot activate using Select. I also cannot activate with a normal tilt, I literally have to swing the neck like 135 degrees from down to up to activate.

In Rock Band, I can activate Star Power using Select just fine. When I try to tilt, it takes a similar absurdly big swing to get the tilt to register. There isn't any auto-activation upon first getting star power, either.

I'm absolutely fine with just hitting Select, if the tilt doesn't work, that's fine. But now that the Virtuoso Pack is out for Guitar Hero 3, I actually want to play that game, and so I'm wondering if anyone has suggestions to get the star power issues fixed. Mostly, it's getting that Select button to work in Guitar Hero 3 that I'd like to do. I care more about that than eliminating that first auto-activation. Any ideas?

I'm worried that because the behavior in the two games is different, the problem lies with how the different software between the two games interprets the LP's signal, rather than a problem with the LP itself. And that's something I definitely can't fix.
jcstahl1  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

putting the chip into "sleep" mode as detailed in the first post will work for you. when the chip is asleep, you can ONLY activate star power using select. i have tested this with both GH and RB.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: JCStahl1

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jcstahl1 wrote:
putting the chip into "sleep" mode as detailed in the first post will work for you. when the chip is asleep, you can ONLY activate star power using select. i have tested this with both GH and RB.

Any suggestions for the Select button not activating SP in GH3? I didn't figure the tilt chip to have anything to do with that.
jcstahl1  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

005 wrote:
jcstahl1 wrote:

Any suggestions for the Select button not activating SP in GH3? I didn't figure the tilt chip to have anything to do with that.

open your controller and check to see if any connections are broken. using a DMM (digital multimeter) to check continuity helps a lot.

http://www.myspace.com/jcstahl1customs
~~A proud owner of a rare wired 360 Les Paul~~
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: JCStahl1

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jcstahl1 wrote:
open your controller and check to see if any connections are broken. using a DMM (digital multimeter) to check continuity helps a lot.

I don't think it could be a connection problem, since Select works for Star Power in Rock Band just fine.
BadChris  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys,
I tried disabling the tilt sensor yesterday, following your instructions, but when I ground TP17 to the negative the guitar won't power up, and when I try gounding TP17 with TP8, it disables the sensor alright, but after 20-30 seconds I get the faint-flickering-xbox-button problem that esoteric has....

I tried a couple of other spots too ( from the alternatives shown in another post) but didn't work ( sensor still triggers automatically ). Although that might be because the soldering was too weak and the connection might have broken when I put the case back on..

I'll try grounding pin 7 ( or maybe first the 6g jumpers) although I need to get a better iron, mine is a "butcher's instrument". I am lucky I didn't fry anything yet.

I just find it weird that making the same connections as you guys gives different results...
tremel  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm so confused, do i have to solder anything to pin 7 to put it to sleep or can i just attach a wire from tp17 to tp8?
can someone explain to me in very simple terms
jcstahl1  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tremel wrote:
i'm so confused, do i have to solder anything to pin 7 to put it to sleep or can i just attach a wire from tp17 to tp8?
can someone explain to me in very simple terms

i recommend soldering to pin 7 and TP8. there seems to be mixed results when soldering TP17 to TP8(or the battery -).

ChronicRusk  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if only i could use select...
Spartn1337  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm assuming that this won't work nearly the same for x-plorers?

And if not are there any mods of this sort for guitars other than LP's?
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: Spartn1337
jcstahl1  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spartn1337 wrote:
I'm assuming that this won't work nearly the same for x-plorers?

And if not are there any mods of this sort for guitars other than LP's?

http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=66913

Injecti0n  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm somewhat confused here...I would like to set the accelerometer to a switch, so that i can disable the chip for myself and enable it when anyone else plays with this guitar. Do i need to desolder the jumper setting the chip to 1.5?

Also, looking at sscotth's pictures it seems like the jumper hadn't been desoldered, and there wasn't anything connected to Pin 7 on the accelerometer. It looks like he soldered a wire (the white one) to one leg of his switch, but i can't see where the green wire goes. Is it soldered to the Pin 7 on the bottom of the board?
jcstahl1  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Injecti0n wrote:
I'm somewhat confused here...I would like to set the accelerometer to a switch, so that i can disable the chip for myself and enable it when anyone else plays with this guitar. Do i need to desolder the jumper setting the chip to 1.5?

Also, looking at sscotth's pictures it seems like the jumper hadn't been desoldered, and there wasn't anything connected to Pin 7 on the accelerometer. It looks like he soldered a wire (the white one) to one leg of his switch, but i can't see where the green wire goes. Is it soldered to the Pin 7 on the bottom of the board?

sscotth used a different method than pin 7, and others have reported problems doing it his way. if you would solder onto pin 7 on the back side of the chip (not TP17) with one end of a toggle switch and then the other side of the toggle to the - battery terminal (or TP8), this will do what you want. there is no easy way to solder onto pin 7. you have to be pretty good at wielding a soldering iron, and have a pretty good soldering iron.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: