ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
zsjostrom35's Accomplishments (GH2X: FC #56 TLTB!)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 99, 100, 101

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index ->
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thenewkidaw71  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

youwritetoof*****gmuch!! i started reading your accomplishments and about 20 minutes in, i was like "what the hell am i doing!!!" great job on the 21 mill. though... thats a lot of points

My Guitar Hero Acc. Thread / My Rock Band Acc. Thread / My Youtube / My Cult of Personality Guide / My Rock You Like a Hurricane Guide
Ontwikseltsaar wrote:
These charts look awfully fun so far. But hey, you can't spell Guiftaru Henro without f-u-n.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: iSWIMaw71
XxbluedevilzxX  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

omg nice job keep it up man

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LlamaYip wrote:
Wow...100 pages. If these many words were in my thread I would have at least 600 pages.

/shortest post in this thread

I've actually thought about that before; I'd be willing to hazard a guess that this thread contains more text than any other on the site regardless of the number of posts. Whether that's a good thing is another issue entirely, but it'd be interesting to find out . I don't even know if there's a good way of measuring such things though.

PiemanLK wrote:
CONGRATULATIONS Z! Nice job on winning the Count the Notes contest. I was thinking of entering it myself, but I really don't know all that much about how to do the math using the score and whatnot. >_>

Anwyays, enjoy your premium fake plastic instrument.

Well, thanks . I did put a fair amount of effort into that contest and I'm quite glad it paid off. The math really wasn't hard at all; it's more the estimating of note densities and sustain points that makes it difficult to do. I'd have been happy to help you with it if you'd asked, but I don't know how much good that would have been. Competition for the top 3 spots on the 360 was brutal and my guess wouldn't have won a darn thing had that been my platform .

But yeah, since I play on the Wii, I will soon have a nice new set of plastic drums. We'll see if I can't figure out how to whack them properly.

PiemanLK wrote:
Oh, and Merry Christmas.

Same to you, although it's a bit late at this point.

TheThirdDay wrote:
Holy shit not fair. I want those drums (regardless of whether or not I could use them. >__>) Great job bro. You and alexhaz64 both won on Wii. That's friggin' amazing. You two obviously must've cheated together. Why didn't you let me in?

Actually, alex won on the 360, which was a pretty impressive accomplishment given that more than 60% of the submissions were on that platform. And no, we did not cheat, as evidenced by the fact that I actually put a fair amount of work into coming up with my number and alex just took a random guess (and beat me by two notes ). Well, technically the number I came up with was actually three notes better than alex's guess, but I took five off to try and make sure I didn't go over. Guess that's what I get for being a pansy .

To be honest, it'll probably be a little weird having drums, but I've heard they're quite fun and I certainly intend to give it a good shot. It would hardly be fair to the people that didn't win if I didn't.

this1neguy wrote:
Nice work on the drums z I should have expected no less from a math major, though. I tried to get my math genius friend to do it for me but he didn't No cheating here. Ah well.

Like I said to Pieman, there really wasn't very much math involved beyond the arithmetic of the scoring system, but I did put in a fair amount of work into trying to make my estimates as precise as possible. In the end, I really didn't do THAT good a job with the estimates, but my mistakes tended to cancel each other out (i.e. I underestimated the score but I also underestimated chords and ticks). Not sure whether that was shrewd on my part or just dumb luck, but whatever . And thanks!

this1neguy wrote:
Also, Merry Christmas good sir!

You too (late again though) .

thenewkidaw71 wrote:
youwritetoof*****gmuch!! i started reading your accomplishments and about 20 minutes in, i was like "what the hell am i doing!!!" great job on the 21 mill. though... thats a lot of points

Heh; yeah, I don't really expect people to read all of that. The sheer length of my OP is mostly due to the fact that I love documenting things and am far too lazy to delete any of it (and to a lesser extent to the fact that I need extensive goals lists to keep myself focused) and so at this point is really more for my own benefit than anyone else's. I'm impressed that you got as far as you did .

And thanks, I am rather proud of that particular point milestone; it IS a lot .

XxbluedevilzxX wrote:
omg nice job keep it up man

Thanks, and I intend to if I can.
Téa: (Thinking) Look at him undressing me with his eyes! I wonder what he's thinking...
Yami: (Thinking) MAN, I hate milkshakes! (Squeezes milkshake cup) Die, milkshake, die! That's right, milkshake: you have been defeated! Now you go to milkshake prison!
My guides: BIF 5* | Most Impulsive Expert Guide Ever | Guide to Writing Guides | NfMH 5* | Practice Mode | My Curse FC | GH3 Co-op Squeezing
Proud Christian
this1neguy  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm too lazy to quote right now, but tis no matter; all I wanted to say was "Don't wish me 'Merry Christmas', it's more 'Happy Chanukah' for me." I point that out to people a LOT >_> No worries, though.

As for you...did you have a good holiday season? Any new FCs as Christmas gifts? Any fun New Year's stuff?
Silly wrote:
yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
I hope the April Fool's joke is expertwin becoming a mod

Reports coming in that over five hundred thousand players of the Guitar Hero and Rock Band games have simultaneously committed seppuku
PiemanLK  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this1neguy wrote:
I'm too lazy to quote right now, but tis no matter; all I wanted to say was "Don't wish me 'Merry Christmas', it's more 'Happy Chanukah' for me." I point that out to people a LOT >_> No worries, though.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS you heathen.
[quote=''youhas'']EDIT TO ADD: Hey, post #3000! Neat! I will eagerly anticipate my set of ScoreHero-branded steak knives within six to eight weeks.[/quote]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PiemanXC
this1neguy  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you not have any cool results from the stream last night, or have you just not updated it yet?

Speaking of, my response in my accs thread should be up later today when I have time. I'm honored by the volume I receive from you. Heh, friendly rivalry time? I'm getting overly pissed off at trying to FC the songs I haven't gotten yet for 60 FCs, and you're saying I'm better than you now...I'm curious as to whether that's true. I'll probably post this same idea in my response, by the way, whichever you get to first.
Silly wrote:
yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:

Reports coming in that over five hundred thousand players of the Guitar Hero and Rock Band games have simultaneously committed seppuku
oddlyuneven  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aww man!!! I missed it!!! I'm stoked you finally got this FC, I know you've been working on it for ages. It seemed like as soon as you learned the intro speed, you started having more than usual trouble with the verses. In my experience, this usually means the FC is coming soon. I really felt like you would get this soon, and I really hate that I missed it. You should definitely lighten up on yourself, though, 17th place is "pretty good" .

Congratulations!!! (<---3 exclamation marks, which means I'm really excited, right?)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job job on the light that blinds, its a huge bitch to fc lulz. Im thinking you could catch up to my fc count soon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

z, insane crazy job man Nice work, that song is absolutely tough as nails throughout a LOT of it (especially on the 360, so you avoided that) and the solo is ludicrous. What was your method for that, in the end?
Silly wrote:
yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:

blackhawk12  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't believe I haven't commented on this thread before. Most epic OP ever. I started to read it, stopped, read more, stopped again, then put another solid half hour into it to read most of it. Jesus, kill the front page why don't you

Seriously, sweet work on TLTB. I wouldn't know, but I imagine it's a bitch with frustrating misses and the like. Good luck on FC's 57, 58, ... 64, 65

My GH Acc. Thread |
TheThirdDay wrote:
Personally, I can't wait for March 20th: Blowjob, steak, and shut the fuck up day.
TheThirdDay  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not really in the mood for a gargantu-post, so I'll just say this: just try and tell me I'm still better at GH2 than you. I dare you.
LlamaYip  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I almost feel deprived having not come to your stream much earlier.

Just as impressive as the actual FC of TLTB (which, I must say, is very impressive), was your consistency on the whole intro this weekend. I'm not sure if you are always that consistent, but if you are, then in my eyes it's remarkable. I've played GH2 much less than any other game I own, which is a bad mistake I think, and I'm far from learning how to strum on this game, since I was spoiled with GH3 being my first game. The verses are rather tough too, and while I prefer to use all the Hammerons, I think I may reconsider that after seeing the success you had on it. I mean, I know you were getting frustrated by it after awhile, but again, in my eyes, whoa.

I still can't seem to figure the solo out completely, either. Almost EVERY run in practice (God forbid I do a real run of this) I hit all of it until the second in measure 88. I'm probably completely overlooking wherever you posted your method for the solo, but what did/didn't you tap? The FC of the song is a long way away from me, but it would be nice if I could record an FC video of the solo or something.

Then again, I still have to FC this on hard. Solo B on hard, in my opinion, presents a challenge of similar difficulty to the Expert version, just maybe a little less and in a much different way. As you probably know, it's strumming, and like the point I made not too long ago, I'd probably prefer fretting at a similar speed. Maybe not exactly the Expert chart, but not all strumming.

I think a few days ago you were also workin' on some H18. I'd just like to throw out that Solo 4 BLOWS MY MIND. I was trying for an FC on Slower (lol) and failed absolutely miserably. Too many random strums are thrown in everywhere, and being a Hard player, one might think that I could approach random strums with a decent mindset, but no... and I don't even want to start on the trill at the end of the solo. I think you hit the trill a bunch of times in a row in runs or something, and good portion of the Solo beforehand anyways. So in short, props on H18 awesomeness, gogo raise your score more and FC.

Was it last night? I'm not sure, I don't have a good sense of time. Anways, GH1 squeezing. For some reason I find squeezing in that game easier than any of the other ones (GH3 doesn't count, and I don't like GH3 anyways >_>). And when we were talking about front ends, back ends, etc., I was getting confused as to if we were talking about squeezing or the timing windows (since, back end squeezing is hitting the note early, but back end timing window is the late timing, etc :P). I think I read somewhere that in the experience of many great players of GH1, the timing windows were found in be much smaller in the front end than the back, making squeezing front ends easier than back ends. However, in my personal experience, I found that hitting the front ends of notes came easily for me, and most of my problems came from the initial activations, usually getting a good squeeze but sometimes missing the note under SP altogether. I'm not sure if this is what you think of it but I just ask for your opinion lol.

By the way, after looking around a bit, I noticed that you...

USED ALL THE GLUE ON PURPOSE!!!!

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: LlamaYip Wii Friend Code: 6484459093164883
Fug  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I knew you'd get this FC soon. You were so close on stream the other day that it was only a matter of time. I'm glad my strumming suggestion helped.

Also, I just realized that you're now only 1 FC behind me in this game o__O. Please don't pass me. I don't want to have to come back to GH2 quite yet. >_>

Accomplishment Thread - Nothing new... lol. | Youtube | S11 - GH2X Squeedlies Champion!
zsjostrom35  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this1neguy wrote:

Fair enough, I'll keep that in mind for next year .

this1neguy wrote:
As for you...did you have a good holiday season? Any new FCs as Christmas gifts? Any fun New Year's stuff?

I actually didn't get to do too much Guitar Hero playing after Christmas, between visiting various relatives and the big trip my family took out to California for the Rose Bowl. I'm not complaining though, it was AWESOME to actually see that game in person (although I suspect that I might not have felt quite so excited about it had my Buckeyes lost ).

this1neguy wrote:
Speaking of, my response in my accs thread should be up later today when I have time. I'm honored by the volume I receive from you. Heh, friendly rivalry time? I'm getting overly pissed off at trying to FC the songs I haven't gotten yet for 60 FCs, and you're saying I'm better than you now...I'm curious as to whether that's true. I'll probably post this same idea in my response, by the way, whichever you get to first.

Like I said in your thread, I'm a too preoccupied with GH2 right now to have time for a rivalry like that, but I do appreciate the offer and I will certainly consider taking you up on it in the event that I start burning out on my current game. Which really might not be too much longer, now that I mention it; I'm getting pretty far up there in the rankings and I've gotta figure that this sort of improvement can't go on indefinitely.

And I know you like it when I write those posts for your thread; that's one of the reasons why I do it .

oddlyuneven wrote:
Aww man!!! I missed it!!! I'm stoked you finally got this FC, I know you've been working on it for ages. It seemed like as soon as you learned the intro speed, you started having more than usual trouble with the verses. In my experience, this usually means the FC is coming soon. I really felt like you would get this soon, and I really hate that I missed it. You should definitely lighten up on yourself, though, 17th place is "pretty good" .

Well, you were right about that, although it wasn't just a consistency issue in the verses; I needed a new method (courtesy of Fug) to get them nailed down. And yeah, it would have been nice to have you there . I suppose you could always watch the vid, which I believe is actually discernable to the naked eye (if you squint really hard) as containing some form of Guitar Hero. Although I could be wrong about that.

In case you were wondering, the lack of quality of that vid is the major reason I ordered the new webcam.

About the score, it wasn't the ranking that got me down, really, it was that I knew I missed some whammy and consequently felt I should have gotten a better score. I tend not to compare myself to other people as far as squeezing, which is a great mindset in some situations but can also hurt when I get a top 20 score that I'm not happy with.

oddlyuneven wrote:
Congratulations!!! (<---3 exclamation marks, which means I'm really excited, right?)

Absolutely . Actually, since I first noticed that you did that I've actually caught myself doing it a few times in streams…

snowyporpoise wrote:
Nice job job on the light that blinds, its a huge bitch to fc lulz. Im thinking you could catch up to my fc count soon

Thanks; I certainly had my share of trouble with it between those verses and days where I couldn't hit the doublets to save my life, not to mention the runs I blew in the solo . And I don't know your FC count off the top of my head, but I certainly won't be catching you in FC quality anytime soon. Beast and the Harlot and Institutionalized are pretty far out of my league right now.

this1neguy wrote:
z, insane crazy job man Nice work, that song is absolutely tough as nails throughout a LOT of it (especially on the 360, so you avoided that) and the solo is ludicrous. What was your method for that, in the end?

Thanks . Actually, the solo really wasn't that bad for me (I hit it several times in a row in practice on multiple occasions and only blew two FC runs there total); it was mainly the verses that kept screwing me up even though by the end I had pretty good consistency on Intro A. As for methods, I tried a lot of things but ended up with the most consistency using this one:

1123211132111321113211123*3*1123*3211123*23*12*2*

I made a hands vid of it a couple days ago if you're interested.

blackhawk12 wrote:
I can't believe I haven't commented on this thread before. Most epic OP ever. I started to read it, stopped, read more, stopped again, then put another solid half hour into it to read most of it. Jesus, kill the front page why don't you

I do my best to . I think I've said this before, but most of the stuff in that OP is there for my own benefit. I like to have extensive goals lists so I don't lose focus, I like to document most of the accomplishments I get when I complete those goals, and I'm far too lazy to throw any of it out. I really should put some sort of disclaimer on it so that people don't inadvertently injure themselves attempting to read it . I do like that I've managed to keep it fairly organized, though.

blackhawk12 wrote:
Seriously, sweet work on TLTB. I wouldn't know, but I imagine it's a bitch with frustrating misses and the like. Good luck on FC's 57, 58, ... 64, 65

Thank you, and yes it was. Fortunately, it's one of those songs that has a lot of repeating parts, so the more you play it the more it tends to work itself out. I just gradually got better at it for a while, and then when I got close I put a little extra work in and picked it up.

Also, I'd say 64 FCs is approximately likely as 65 for me at this point :P.

TheThirdDay wrote:
I'm not really in the mood for a gargantu-post, so I'll just say this: just try and tell me I'm still better at GH2 than you. I dare you.

No, I'm not so self-delusional as that, but I will say that if you had been able to continue to play the game you'd at the very least be giving me a run for my money now. And I still haven't FCed Gemini, Mr. That's-So-Easy-I'm-Not-Even-Putting-It-In-My-Top-5-FCs-List .

LlamaYip wrote:
I almost feel deprived having not come to your stream much earlier.

Yeah, that's the only drawback when I FC stuff fairly early on in streams; some people don't get to see it. Wish you could have been there.

LlamaYip wrote:
Just as impressive as the actual FC of TLTB (which, I must say, is very impressive), was your consistency on the whole intro this weekend. I'm not sure if you are always that consistent, but if you are, then in my eyes it's remarkable. I've played GH2 much less than any other game I own, which is a bad mistake I think, and I'm far from learning how to strum on this game, since I was spoiled with GH3 being my first game. The verses are rather tough too, and while I prefer to use all the Hammerons, I think I may reconsider that after seeing the success you had on it. I mean, I know you were getting frustrated by it after awhile, but again, in my eyes, whoa.

The intro strumming, in particular the doublets, was just something that got more and more consistent the more I played it. I didn't really have any secrets there, other than to concentrate on using the greens and the oranges as rhythmic checks to make sure I wasn't getting too far ahead of or behind the beat. Beyond that, it was just trying to make sure I kept a constant strumming and fretting speed, which came with practice.

I can definitely see the verses being particularly problematic for somebody who's used to GH3 (as I was when I first started playing GH2; I assure that I sucked royally at them back then ). The main thing you have to realize is that in GH2 there is very little risk of overstrumming when strumming HO/POs (especially in sections with a constant strumming speed), and the HO/PO window itself is tight enough that it really doesn't help to use them just for the sake of using them. The timing of the quick fretting in the verses was something that I got pretty good at back when I was grinding Thunderhorse, so it wasn't very hard to adapt to these. Basically all I struggled with was the gallops, which I eventually got down by using the HO/POs.

LlamaYip wrote:
I still can't seem to figure the solo out completely, either. Almost EVERY run in practice (God forbid I do a real run of this) I hit all of it until the second in measure 88. I'm probably completely overlooking wherever you posted your method for the solo, but what did/didn't you tap? The FC of the song is a long way away from me, but it would be nice if I could record an FC video of the solo or something.

I definitely had a lot of problems with that bit in 88, which was why I ended up tapping it. My pinky just couldn't handle that much quick use with any consistency. The full method I posted earlier in response to this1neguy, along with a hands vid.

LlamaYip wrote:
Then again, I still have to FC this on hard. Solo B on hard, in my opinion, presents a challenge of similar difficulty to the Expert version, just maybe a little less and in a much different way. As you probably know, it's strumming, and like the point I made not too long ago, I'd probably prefer fretting at a similar speed. Maybe not exactly the Expert chart, but not all strumming.

I haven't played it, but looking at the chart it seems a little strange to me that Solo B on hard is essentially the same thing as Intro A on Expert. That's not even close to what Expert has charted for Solo B and isn't really even that much easier (especially for a GH3 player such as yourself).

LlamaYip wrote:
I think a few days ago you were also workin' on some H18. I'd just like to throw out that Solo 4 BLOWS MY MIND. I was trying for an FC on Slower (lol) and failed absolutely miserably. Too many random strums are thrown in everywhere, and being a Hard player, one might think that I could approach random strums with a decent mindset, but no... and I don't even want to start on the trill at the end of the solo. I think you hit the trill a bunch of times in a row in runs or something, and good portion of the Solo beforehand anyways. So in short, props on H18 awesomeness, gogo raise your score more and FC.

I may be doing well on H18 recently, but I certainly can't hit 4b; in fact, I'm really not even close. I think I got 97% once, but that was an enormous fluke and certainly my best run to date. I think you might be thinking of someone else if you think I could FC it . Basically, my best hope is to get a good run of Solo 9!!! after doing well on everything else and seven-starring it. That would be plenty awesome for me right now.

LlamaYip wrote:
Was it last night? I'm not sure, I don't have a good sense of time. Anways, GH1 squeezing. For some reason I find squeezing in that game easier than any of the other ones (GH3 doesn't count, and I don't like GH3 anyways >_>). And when we were talking about front ends, back ends, etc., I was getting confused as to if we were talking about squeezing or the timing windows (since, back end squeezing is hitting the note early, but back end timing window is the late timing, etc :P). I think I read somewhere that in the experience of many great players of GH1, the timing windows were found in be much smaller in the front end than the back, making squeezing front ends easier than back ends. However, in my personal experience, I found that hitting the front ends of notes came easily for me, and most of my problems came from the initial activations, usually getting a good squeeze but sometimes missing the note under SP altogether. I'm not sure if this is what you think of it but I just ask for your opinion lol.

What we were talking about is that when trying to do the front end (the note that you'll try to hit late) of a two-phrase activation there is a slight lag in GH1 from when you hit the last note of the SP phrase and when the game will actually allow you to activate. This makes doing next note activations EXTREMELY hard in some cases (because you'll have to do an insane squeeze just to get enough separation from the phrase to activate at all) and in a few cases actually impossible. As far as the actual size of the timing windows of the notes, I was saying that they seemed very small, although that could have been in part due to the lack of hyperspeed.

LlamaYip wrote:
By the way, after looking around a bit, I noticed that you...

USED ALL THE GLUE ON PURPOSE!!!!

Fug wrote:
I knew you'd get this FC soon. You were so close on stream the other day that it was only a matter of time. I'm glad my strumming suggestion helped.

You know what? I'm glad it did too . And I like how most of you guys always have a more optimistic attitude towards my FC prospects than I do; I wasn't at all sure I'd be able to get everything to click on one night for quite some time. I guess I'm just paranoid like that.

Fug wrote:
Also, I just realized that you're now only 1 FC behind me in this game o__O. Please don't pass me. I don't want to have to come back to GH2 quite yet. >_>

In all honesty I'm unlikely to do anything more than tie you if I pick up Gemini in the short term. Even if I did get to 59 though, it's not like I'd have passed you in the more meaningful sense. You still beat me pretty handily on the songs that neither of us has FCed, and of course you slaughter me at squeezing (except for Red Lottery ).

To everyone: on a less cheery note, I've put an update on my current plans in the OP of this thread.

Also, I'm sorry to those of you whom I told I would be streaming tonight; homework today took longer than I thought it would and then I needed to get a couple posts in before that OP update. I'll try to stream either Tuesday or Thursday night to make it up.
Téa: (Thinking) Look at him undressing me with his eyes! I wonder what he's thinking...
Yami: (Thinking) MAN, I hate milkshakes! (Squeezes milkshake cup) Die, milkshake, die! That's right, milkshake: you have been defeated! Now you go to milkshake prison!
My guides: BIF 5* | Most Impulsive Expert Guide Ever | Guide to Writing Guides | NfMH 5* | Practice Mode | My Curse FC | GH3 Co-op Squeezing
Proud Christian
LlamaYip  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I...I...

I don't know what do say...:'(

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: LlamaYip Wii Friend Code: 6484459093164883
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 99, 100, 101
Page 101 of 101

Jump to: