ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The Anti-Rant Thread, AKA the Feel-Good Thread!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PiemanLK  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarHailz wrote:
whereas it's a lot harder to use a Mac OS on a Windows machine (I looked into building a Hackintosh, and it just seemed like more trouble than it's worth).

To be honest, since Mac OS X is an Intel x86 OS now (you can emulate Mac OS 9 with Sheepshaver, but eh, what's the point? Sheepshaver is really shitty as all hell and so is Mac OS 9. I can't see any reason to run it besides novelty) rather than PowerPC, I'd just VirtualBox it. I like VirtualBox more than dual-booting; less painful and I've really never had serious problems with it (or any problems at all, for the most part - things like trying to do networking on Windows 3.1.1 aside ).

I'm probably taking this thread way off topic aren't I?
[quote=''youhas'']EDIT TO ADD: Hey, post #3000! Neat! I will eagerly anticipate my set of ScoreHero-branded steak knives within six to eight weeks.[/quote]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PiemanXC
sukergod  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Hailz and arvain: I agree who needs to be an adult. We both have our career and stuff so we have everything in check (we are actually planning our month long honeymoon roadtrip to the Maritimes and eastern USA), so why not continue to enjoy our inner immaturity

I looked at ebay and such and I should be able to get Goldeneye, Mario 64, Zelda (OoT) and Mario Kart 64 for less than $100 so that works out.

Oh and that monitor looks great. I have never been a fanboy of Apple or PC, I just buy what works since I don't need anything special (right now Im using a Toshiba Laptop), but sometimes it does help when you go with what everybody else has simply because it makes things easier. Looks like a beast
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can, definitely try to find copies of Donkey Kong 64, Banjo Kazooie and Banjo Tooie (or if you can't, at least get the latter 2 on XBL). Those were the games that basically defined my childhood/tween years.

Anyway, as for an anti-rant: Today is fajita night. I love fajita night. For all my faults I make some damn good fajitas. Between that, a 2-liter of Dr Pepper, some chips, "Wholly Salsa" and the Daily Show, that's my idea of a good date night.

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
alexhaz64  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarHailz wrote:
If you can, definitely try to find copies of Donkey Kong 64, Banjo Kazooie and Banjo Tooie (or if you can't, at least get the latter 2 on XBL). Those were the games that basically defined my childhood/tween years.

this this and more this. Those games are some of my all time favorites. I would also highly recommend Paper Mario, Majora's Mask, and my not-so-guilty pleasure, Pokemon Snap. All fantastic games. (MM is actually my favorite zelda game :p)
2:59 alexhaz64: I'm like 6th place on that song
2:59 alexhaz64: pretty neat
2:59 alexhaz64: :p
2:59 JohnnyGrey: No Alex, I don't care how good your score is
2:59 JohnnyGrey: DAMMIT
2:59 alexhaz64: XD
alexhaz64 flexes
2:59 psxfreak101: too slow on the trigger there, boyo
2:59 alexhaz64: that seems to be the case all night
2:59 JohnnyGrey: I've been too slow a few times tonight
2:59 JohnnyGrey: GDSAKj hfask
2:59 psxfreak101: XD
2:59 alexhaz64: LMAO
2:59 alexhaz64: OMG
psxfreak101 actua-loling
youhas  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As of this evening, I've been a part of five Rock Band social events in the last eleven days. (This will likely become six in thirteen days come Thursday.) Some of them were not notionally billed as Rock Band events - like my friend Ross, who invited me over to help him unlock his GH3 co-op career stuff and watch the NBA Finals... which evolved into a Rock Band session with other randoms as the evening wore on. And some were notionally Rock Band events where I ended up often otherwise occupied, playing Cards Against Humanity with some awesomely terrible individuals on the patio for 40% of my time there. (Tonight, I used a Groupon I had for a fancy-pants Italian seafood place, then helped my friend snap up another 12MM fans' worth of goals in his RB3 career. Good times!)

I look back on things as recently as two years ago and my social calendar was something of a hopeless wasteland. My wife had left me; many of my "communal friends" were in a disarray of sorts; my weekends were mostly empty tranches of nothingness to endure until Monday rolled around. And now? Well, now I live with an embarrassment of riches. I'm crazy-busy, hanging out with friends and associates all the damn time. Some people embrace me as the life of the party, where I simply have to pop in for their birthday festivities or whatnot. One of my lady friends is gunning SO HARD that I please please please take her on one of my exceedingly meandering county-acquisition road trips, as she "needs to be anywhere else" for a while. (Plan B for her is apparently to take a vacation in Hawaii. I'm not sure how "road trip around West Virginia with youhas" and "go visit Hawaii" are even in remotely the same slice of possibilities, to be honest. I may occasionally comport myself with far more charisma than even I envision.)

I may be unemployed, and quietly melting through my stockade of life savings, but on the social front? Man, things are just coming up roses all over the fucking place.

Amusing the world 140 characters at a time: http://www.twitter.com/youhas
sukergod  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Youhas is killing Rockband and the Ladies, you the man

So yesterday I got a call about a job I applied for a month and a half ago saying they don't need to do an interview and I have 24 hours to take the job. Hmmmmmm Yes please. It will be sad to leave the community I taught in for 2 years but it will be great to move up in the world and have an abundance of kids to teach. Granted I will be teaching a whole slew of courses next year I have no idea about but it's nice that things pay off when you work hard and do your time (so to speak). Plus gives my Fiancee a chance to do some subbing as well.

Great start to the Summer. Now if only I had a place to live there
ShadoWolf  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Magnum Mint & Whose Line <3
Look, someone actually had to point out that singing "solo" meant singing alone. This is why we allow people to work registers at McDonald's that can't make change and it makes me want to run my face under a belt sander. For the love of tits, how can you be on the internet in 2012 and not think "maybe I can Google this word I should have learned in first grade before making a thread about it".
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: ShadoWolf2971
bclare  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sukergod wrote:
Youhas is killing Rockband and the Ladies, you the man

So yesterday I got a call about a job I applied for a month and a half ago saying they don't need to do an interview and I have 24 hours to take the job. Hmmmmmm Yes please. It will be sad to leave the community I taught in for 2 years but it will be great to move up in the world and have an abundance of kids to teach. Granted I will be teaching a whole slew of courses next year I have no idea about but it's nice that things pay off when you work hard and do your time (so to speak). Plus gives my Fiancee a chance to do some subbing as well.

Great start to the Summer. Now if only I had a place to live there

Ew, teaching kids :p Kidding though, that's great man. Where are you moving to?
youhas  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno if it's some vibe I'm giving off, or my body has secretly started secreting weird pheromones, or this suck economy means everyone is redoubling their efforts at their jobs, but in any event: I have been having awesome rockstar customer service for, like, weeks now. At places of all stripes, too. The person fielding my renter's insurance questions. The staff member servicing my table at the hoity-toity seafood joint. The guy running the drive-through window at Carl's Jr. The dude who does maintenance work in my apartment complex. The person I talked to when I needed to bitch out Comcast for non-authorized charges on my account. Everyone, across the board: polite; professional; helpful to a tee. It's legitimately fantastic, though it's starting to creep me out just the tiniest bit.

Rikuthemaster  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was tuning my guitar today, and my high e string decided to flake out and snap. I was uber pissed because of the fact that these were good strings, and I'd have to buy a new set to get it to sound decent. I was raging and frustrated because I JUST got my guitar back the day before, and have been playing it quite a bit.

THEN I realized that I had another guitar that I haven't been playing due to technical issues with it, and figured I could salvage the string off of that guitar and get it to work.

Needless to say, I played guitar for a good few hours after that. I love it when a plan comes together.

Did somebody say [Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]?
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: TTParadigm PSN Name: TTParadigm
NavyCherub  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I very much appreciate people who put their napkins on their plates or push their plates to the side to indicate that they are done with them.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, me and my new flatmate recently adopted a 2 year old black cat by the name of Dave; we'd been wanting to get a cat for months and my mum had to find a new home for hers as she was moving to a less-than-tolerant landlady. So we adopted Dave.

Unfortunately, Dave has some trust issues; his owners before my mum were abusive and he had to be rescued. So we kept him inside for a couple of weeks while he calmed down from the shock of having to be moved again, and four days ago I realised he'd somehow escaped (best guess: my careless stoner other housemate left a window open; I only went into the upstairs flat to check on Dave three times a day, and he lives there). We did everything we could to find him, to no avail; until tonight, when I stepped outside to talk on the phone and saw him across the street. I pursued him at a distance for half an hour, eventually went home and enlisted the assistance of my flatmate and half a bag of cat treats; and ten minutes later he was home and safe.

Also, I just want to say that even though I rarely post in this thread, I read it every day and it really does make me smile. So keep it up
I just want to, you know, get my name out there. BTW, it updates every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Was just the first two, decided to do Saturdays as well.
Serious advice now: No-one likes indecision in their work, so find what you like that you're even remotely good at, and stick with it. Don't flit from one thing to another, because that just smacks of a large lack of determination and drive. And people don't like you for that, and won't remember you for it. I mean, I get that you have a plucky spirit and a willingness to try new things, but there's a limit, man.
I might knock it down to just Thursday and Friday.
JOE2210 wrote:
Leave me alone, I have been drinking and your made up words mean nothing to me.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Yewb
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D'awww, Dave. I love when pets have people's names. Hope your new kitty continues to adjust and doesn't escape again c: I used to have 2 kittens but I could no longer take care of them after college... so they have since been adopted. I wonder how they're doing now...

Anyways... My computer came today! Nearly 1 week ahead of schedule! My husband thought it would be funny to trick me and say the package was missing from the front office and somebody signed for it anyway <_< so I was home in a panic only to find the whole thing all set up beautifully on my new desk. I'm so happy about this not even a shitty week at work can spoil it

The other good thing is my puppy went to the vet and everyone just loves him there, plus he's all healthy. I'm probably seeing a movie this weekend and making lasagna tonight... life is a wonderful thing my friends.

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
Ontwikseltsaar  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like my music organized. I have 789 artists in my iTunes library and of each artist I have at least one play on last.fm. There's 2 artists in my "new artists" playlist that I haven't listened to yet, so there had to be 787 artists in my last.fm library. However, when I looked today, there were only 786. One of my iTunes artists didn't have a play on last.fm. Of course, this was driving me mad.

What I ended up doing, was check for each individual iTunes artist if I had a play of them in my last.fm library. What I did was go to www.last.fm/user/Vo_OD00/library/music/Aarni and see if it had plays. Then I would adjust the link to display the plays of my next iTunes artist, Abnormality. I did this for every single artist of my iTunes library.

Turns out there were two artists in my iTunes library I didn't have a play of on last.fm. Ultimate rage. This meant that there was one artist in my last.fm library that I didn't have in my iTunes library. So what I did was go to my last.fm library page and check for each artist if I had them in my iTunes library. I got about halfway, when I saw "Rob King & Co" in my last.fm library. Then I remembered I listened to them (they made the soundtrack to Might and Magic VII: For Blood and Honor) from the game CD, but didn't import the disc.

And so the mystery was finally solved and all returned to peace in the kingdom of boringness. And Ontwikseltsaar? Well, he was a tag nazi happily ever after. The end.

Yes, I really did talk about myself in third person.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Ontwikseltsaar
youhas  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

youhas wrote:
As of this evening, I've been a part of five Rock Band social events in the last eleven days. (This will likely become six in thirteen days come Thursday.)

Update: assuming you expand music-based outings to include things like karaoke nights, this is going to become eight social events in sixteen days as of Sunday evening. All of which wrapped up past 2am, and three of which are social engagements which ended at 4am, 4:15am, and 5:20am. I will quietly point out that I am on the wrong side of 30 to be having a social calendar like this, and feel like I should probably have my blood replaced at this point. (Ideally with other, better blood, though other options - GoGurt, Folgers Crystals, Pepsi Blue - are not things I will categorically rule out.)

(And the lady friend who wants to go road-tripping with me let me know that "I'm Sexy and I Know It" is the custom ringtone she has for me when I call her. HELLOES, PLZ TO NOT KEEP SENDING ME MIXT MESSAGES, MACK ON ME IF YUO HAS TEH DESIREZ, KTHXBI)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 4 of 20

Jump to: