ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
vVv DJ Hero Tournament Concludes - Mast3r Ball3r wins!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc DJ Hero Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vVvGaming  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:44 am    Post subject: vVv DJ Hero Tournament Concludes - Mast3r Ball3r wins! Reply with quote

Congratulations to the vVv Gaming DJ Hero tournament Champion, Mast3r Ball3r, Mark Taylor! Taylor defeated Fedora in the championship game by a score of 2,523,512 to 2,413,927. View footage of the entire match by clicking this link!

--

The tournament is officially underway!

First round highlights: http://www.vvv-gaming.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=40602
Follow the event here: http://www.vvv-gaming.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=40327

--

vVv Gaming announces DJ Hero tournament for Xbox 360!

The top 4 entrants will receive an interview with vVv Gaming for potential sponsorship. In addition, the overall winner of the event will earn a 1600 Microsoft Points card. Find out the rules, song list and even more about this awesome vVv tournament by clicking here!

vVv Gaming's Accomplishments Threads
*Rock Band
*Guitar Hero
*DJ Hero

Last edited by vVvGaming on Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:29 pm; edited 3 times in total
Cyberwaste  

Location: Port Macquarie, the fine... planet of Australia. Chippy-chip-CHURRAH!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this a US only thing? I'd love to join, and I said so on the thread on vVv, but I don't want it all to be for nothing.

psxfreak101 wrote:
But seriously I hate this country when it comes to my beloved hobby of presing buttons on a controller and making shit on my TV follow my every command.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: iAmCyberwaste PSN Name: CyberwasteFX
vVvGaming  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you would like to compete, you still can! Just know that we can't give out the XBL points outside of North America.

You can still play in the event and if you make top four, we will still offer you an interview. It's all up to you

I have edited the official rules to reflect this.

*Rock Band
*Guitar Hero
*DJ Hero
LanceBriggs55  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any chance of a PS3 comp? I live in Australia, but it would still be fun to see how I rack up against the top players.
Grimnir  

Location: OMG you live in ut or play on psn? add me lets play!!!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man FUCK you guys and your xbox shit. ps3 has the best djh players anyway ;p

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with both Lance and Grimnir, WHY make it an Xbox 360 only tournament? There are A LOT of players here and on PSN that would LOVE to get a chance like this, hell to even COMPETE in a DJ Hero Tournament...

...so seriously, i am not too happy about this being an Xbox 360 only event, if it were both 360 and PS3, i would be a lot happier with that.

You guys are seriously missing out on a bunch of players who have great skill in this game for that move ;P

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, beats and pieces. Oh god.

haha, I'm too nervous to enter. I need to think about it more.
ComicBookGuru  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maxninja114 wrote:
I agree with both Lance and Grimnir, WHY make it an Xbox 360 only tournament? There are A LOT of players here and on PSN that would LOVE to get a chance like this, hell to even COMPETE in a DJ Hero Tournament...

...so seriously, i am not too happy about this being an Xbox 360 only event, if it were both 360 and PS3, i would be a lot happier with that.

You guys are seriously missing out on a bunch of players who have great skill in this game for that move ;P

The Wii loves DJ Hero too
I'd LOVE to enter a competition like this. My time to shine.
Fedora  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gah, I put up a decent trial run today and accidentally clicked "return to menu" instead of statistics, so I have to do it all over again. Oh well, should still be fun.

The original Rock Band career bassist.
Former DJ Hero player for vVv.
Grimnir  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Missing out on this sucks... I'm gonna troll their thread with some pic proof of epic scores on their seeding songs and cus them out for making this exbox and excluding so many great djh players.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grimnir wrote:
Missing out on this sucks... I'm gonna troll their thread with some pic proof of epic scores on their seeding songs and cus them out for making this exbox and excluding so many great djh players.

No need to troll and "cus us out". That'll just be deleted anyways.

I can explain why it's X360 only... and truthfully, there is a good reason! Part of the prize is an interview with vVv Gaming for potential sponsorship. The WCG has been going back and forth between running either GH5 or DJ Hero as their Rhythm title this year. If they decide on DJ Hero, it would be for Xbox. You wouldn't be able to qualify for that event without playing on Xbox Live. For that reason, we would prefer to put our efforts into the console that is supported. Sure, some players are going to miss out. The same darn thing would happen if we ran it on PS3 or Wii though. Until nationwide/worldwide tournaments are held on a different console, the Xbox will be the console we support for Rhythm Gaming tournaments.

If you want me to elaborate further on this, I can. Just let me know.

AnubisGX wrote:
lol, beats and pieces. Oh god.

haha, I'm too nervous to enter. I need to think about it more.

I'd love to have you as a part of the event. Please, sign up!

Fedora wrote:
Gah, I put up a decent trial run today and accidentally clicked "return to menu" instead of statistics, so I have to do it all over again. Oh well, should still be fun.

Sorry to hear about that. DJ Hero's stat screen is a little harder to run a tournament with than GH, unfortunately. In GH, it would show your gamertag. As such, I had to make this event happen in such a way that no one could cheat. The cumulative score on three random songs was the only way to make that possible. Good luck and make sure to sign up in the actual sign up thread!

~vVv Paradise

*Rock Band
*Guitar Hero
*DJ Hero
Grimnir  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exbox suprimisists, it's sickening.

This is like Hitler not recognizing the olympic victories of African Americans.

"Sry poor boy, you bought the wrong console, no one cares what effort, skill, or talent you put forth. We big rich pigs only care about what sells."

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grimnir wrote:

"Sry poor boy, you bought the wrong console, no one cares what effort, skill, or talent you put forth. We big rich pigs only care about what sells."

Dude, chill out. The reasoning makes sense, whether you like it or not. It's not vVv's fault that the WCG operates on 360. The favoring of one console over another is hardly comparable to Hitler. -_- We all know you're awesome at DJ Hero and would probably win, there's no need to fuss and troll. Not to mention that insulting those "rich pigs" doesn't exactly endear you to them, so why should they bother extending tournaments to PS3 or Wii? Being disappointed is one thing, but you're hurting your own cause, so good job.

If you are really that sore about it, hold a PS3 or all console tournament yourself. Chances are you (or whoever) can spare the $20 or so to give away as a prize. Hell, even start a DJ Hero team and try to get yourselves sponsored.

As for this actual tourney - while I don't think I am any good at DJ Hero, if I wanted to enter for fun, what would that mean for if I am currently sponsored (my contract runs out in March, BTW)?

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
vVvGaming  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarHailz wrote:
As for this actual tourney - while I don't think I am any good at DJ Hero, if I wanted to enter for fun, what would that mean for if I am currently sponsored (my contract runs out in March, BTW)?

Feel free to sign up and play! We would love to have you play, even if it's just for fun. If you managed to make top 4, you could always decline the interview. I promise, we won't take offense. And... if your contract was up and you were interested... that works too ;)

Hope to see you playing in the event, Hailz!

~vVv Paradise

*Rock Band
*Guitar Hero
*DJ Hero
Fedora  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grimnir wrote:

Godwinning a DJ Hero Console dispute? Really?

/agree with most sentiments in Hailz's post

The original Rock Band career bassist.
Former DJ Hero player for vVv.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc DJ Hero Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: