ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The Beginning of the End - Your GH History?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeffo2448  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:28 am    Post subject: The Beginning of the End - Your GH History? Reply with quote

2006: GH - During September of sophomore year I saw some college buddies playing this new music game with a plastic guitar. It was the original GH. I watched them play a bit... later that day I tried it out. I could barely pass songs on medium, but I eventually got the hang of it. My roommate and I soon progressed to expert and challenged each other to songs. I remember being stuck on Frankenstein for a while, haha. This game was too much fun!

2006/2007: GH2 - My roommate came back from Xmas break with the new GH2. Even more fun! Everyone at the house played it and challenged each other. We all had our favorite songs, although I would always hear repeats of 'Carry On My Wayward Sun' and 'Jessica'. Nobody could beat Jordan. I was even more hooked on this game.

GH:80s - Had to buy this because it was a new GH. Had a lot of fun with it, but preferred GH2.

- Rumors about GH3 had started and I kept checking for updates on the setlist.

2008: GH3 - New game engine, whole new setlist! This game rocked... I played the hell out of it. Beating TTFAF was amazing after many hours of play. I loved this game...and I eventually started buying DLC.

2009: GH:WT - Got the game at midnight launch. Had a bunch of fun playing classics like "Hotel California" and "Mr. Crowley". I felt the setlist was weak though and was a little disappointed. My brother loved playing the drums, but I stuck w/ the guitar.

GH:M - Great game, had a blast. Played it a bunch and learned to like Metallica a lot.

GH:V - Difficult charts, but played in once through. I started feeling the game was definitely beginning to get repetitive (over saturation)

GH:5 - Put many hours into this game, despite the easy setlist. This game kept me busy last year with all the DLC. My roommate and I played the hell out of it.

GH:WoR - Great game, but I just didn't have the time to get into it. My brother got a new X-Box and I ended up beating the whole game and importing all my previous DLC and available games. I'm still in the process of beating all the imports.

AND THEN BOOM! The series is done.... I didn't expect that at all! Looking back, from the most memorable days of GH-GH3, I can honestly say I had a ton of fun playing these games, whether it be after a night of partying and trying to pass songs after some drinks or just sitting on my couch hours during a boring day and trying to get easy FCs.

R.I.P. Guitar Hero - You've drained HOURS of my life and caused my hands to get the best work out of their life, haha. As corny as it sounds, I did feel a little sad to hear the game is done. I've had a lot of good times and unforgettable memories playing this damn game. Nothing will ever be as nostalgic and fun as trying to progress in GH2 with my old college buddies - the peak of its excitement IMO. It's been great.

What's your story?
Fedora  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conned a guy working at Best Buy nto selling me GH1 the day before it came out, when noone really wanted it.

The original Rock Band career bassist.
Former DJ Hero player for vVv.
MetalSmasher86  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I first started playing Guitar Hero in January 2007, when I randomly decided to grab Guitar Hero 2 as a party game. I then found myself playing it relentlessly. When I took it with me to college, that was where I finally finished the game on Expert.

Then, I heard from my roommate that his friend's roommate had also recently beaten the game on Expert, and they thought we should get together for a match. So one day we met up, and we dueled. We did a best-of-7 Pro Face-Off, and it came down to a 10,000 point difference on Free Bird in the seventh song. We've become very good friends ever since that match, and we still keep in touch on a regular basis today. As our friendship grew, so did our plastic guitar skills. We've always been neck-and-neck ever since that match. We've gotten every Guitar Hero game since to keep honing our skills.

In 2008, the two of us went to San Francisco for a Guitar Hero Aerosmith tournament at the Hard Rock Cafe. It was our first pro-level tournament, and we both finished in the Final 4, losing to two GH legends, ChadCasket and GnarBlast. One of the few moments where I lost but still felt like a winner.

In 2009, when Guitar Hero went full-band, I decided to try out the bass career, as like a fresh challenge, and I've actually gotten better with the bass and the open notes than I was on guitar. So when my best friend and I play co-op, he's always guitar and I'm always on bass. Needless to say, we kicked ass with that setup. Together we have gotten some awesome co-op FCs, including The Shortest Straw, the Endless Sporadic Medley, and many others.

To me, Guitar Hero was more than just a game. It was a building block for my closest friendship, and the start of something big for both of us. So many memories of this franchise, and Activision had to kill it. Lowsy oversaturation. I normally don't get so sad about a video game franchise dying, but this one gave me as much as I had given it.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well. This is probably going to be the largest post i've ever made. To start, before the summer before GHIII came out, I had no idea the game existed. Well, one day in study hall during my freshman year on the last day of school, I saw some kids playing guitar hero. I thought to myself i'd never get as good at they were though they were playing on medium (not dissing medium at all, because I took the time to get a medium FSFC). Later on that summer, I went to my friend Mikes house. He was playing GHII, on hard, and I thought he was a god. My friend Erich was over also, and for fun him and I both played Freebird on easy and failed miserably, but had a blast. It was then that I decided I wanted to actually learn to play. Later on, when GHIII came out, I believe in november my friend Erich got a copy of it. We spend the entire night taking turns on songs on easy and eventually went on to beat the game. I instantly fell in love with it. I spend days after that playing on easy, learning the basics, and even got my first FC ever after about 11 hours straight of playing The Metal on easy. After some time I went on to medium and got an FC of Before I Forget. I gradually got better, but for awhile, even into January of 2008, I still was on medium. I decided to go back around this time I believe, maybe a little later, and FC all of easy on GHIII. I accoplished this with not too much difficulty. But, after One on medium became pretty easy for me, outside of FSA, I decided to go ahead and up the difficulty. I played on hard for the first time. My improvement was quick. And on March 8th, 2008, I created my first GH video and my youtube account. Which means a little under a month from today will mark 3 years i've been on youtube. Soon after, I faced my friend Mike, who back nearly a year ago I thought was a God at the game. We versed on the Dropkick Murpheys songs. I beat him on every single one. I knew at that point that I was better than all of my friends but my friend Jesse, who I eventually did beat. Anyway, from that point on I gradually improved. In...May of 2008, I believe I went on to pass TTFAF on Expert. I was the first one of my friends to do so and to this day only one of my irl friends has passed it. Sometime before that I passed Raining Blood as well. I gradually got better from there. in September of 08 I got the 750k Achievement on All Nightmare Long, and that also meant that I only needed to get one more achievement to have 1000 GS in GHIII (I had gotten Living Legends some time before then). In November of 08 I got over 300k on Raining Blood. By this point, I still really wasn't going for FC, but soon I would be. I believe I stopped at 20 for the enlightened guitarist achievement but that number has definitely gone up. By the end of November going into December, I went for a lot of FC's. By this point I already had I believe 49 FC's, over 10 FC's of Knights of Cydonia, and at least 2 of Before I Forget, all of them on expert. In one years time I had gone from Horrible, to pretty good I'd say. In January 09, I got my first Death Magnetic FC's, those being both versions of Suicide and Redemption. In February, I FC'd Inside The Fire, which is a RB DLC track. In March however, I got what I'd consider the first really hard song i'd FC'd up to that point. Holiday In Cambodia. From there, In May, I FC'd Sleeping Giant, which is a rather hard DLC song. I also got Sweet Home Alabama (Live). In June, I got Cliffs of Dover and War Ensemble on Bass. I also got my 59th-61st FC, those of Nothing For Me Here, Down N Dirty, and Rock and Roll all nite, as well as Bark At The Moon (GH:SH). In July I got Cult of Personality, which was my 62nd FC. I got Inpulse on August 5th, and Take This Life on August 9th. I was now up to 64 FC's, but I didn't see myself getting FCPREMIX, Number of the Beast, The Way It Ends, or Raining Blood (the other obvious two were and still are out of the question). So, I decided to go back and Re-FC every song in GHIII on expert fr a youtube playlist. That playlist can be found on my channel. Anyway, After that was done, on August 16th, two days after I finished my playlist, I FC'd NoTB, which brought my to 65 FC's. 4 days later, I got FCPREMIX, which was my 66th FC. Approximately 2 weeks later, I got FC 67 which was The Way It Ends. This really marks the point for me where I knew I could FC some pretty difficult stuff. In just about 2 years time I went from failing easy songs to FCing The Way It Ends. After that point, I didn't really do much GH related until around November, where I actually tried to work on GH:M. I FC'd Master of Puppets and even Creeping Death, which I got 2 days after MoP. In December, I got 750k on TTFAF (though I'd done it earlier, thats when I got video proof). I also got two more Death Magnetic FC's, which were That Was Just Your Life and The Day That Never Comes. This puts my count at 4. I also managed to 5 star The Devil Went Down To Georgia, which was a HUGE accomplishment for me. About a month later, I got my 5th DM FC, All Nightmare Long. That was my first FC of 2010 and still one of my better ones by far. In a year and a half I go from 750k, barely, to over 900k with an FC. About a day later or so I got Fight Fire With Fire. About 2 days later, I got what some will argue is my best FC ever: Johnny I Hardly Knew Ya. With this FC, I knew I had made it as a pretty solid GH player. Even some elite players were impressed with this FC from me. But, I wasn't even close to finishing my rampage of the GH series. There were still plenty of songs for me. Between the JIHKY FC and March, I got some random FC's here and there. and Finally, I decided to Take on the task of FAFCing DM. I still had 6 songs to go, two of which (Judas Kiss and My Apocalypse) were still standing in my way. On March 21st, I conquered Judas Kiss. 2 days later, I had the other 5 I needed. Within just 2 days, I destroyed the album. But I wasn't ready to take a break just yet. I decided to take on GH:M. Now note, the date I started working on GH:M was March 25th, as I was working on Disposable Heroes. I FC'd it March 28th. I believe that was around my 7th or so FC in the game. I know I had hardly any FC's anyway. By April 15th, I had FC'd Dyers Eve, which was my 41st or 42nd FC. By April 19th, I had 48/49 GH:M Expert FC's. In just about 3 weeks, I went from about 7 FC's, to 48. I find that pretty quick work for this game. Though it wasn't a day like Danny's done, for me it was fast. After that, I FC'd random difficult songs here and there, but then I decided I wanted to work on something else. I wanted a GH:A FGFC. I already had the JPGB, but that was one of my few FC's. I didn't have many tbh, maybe around 5. I FC'd Mercy on July 27th. On August 2nd I had the FGFC. Took me only 5 days. Then in August, I decide to work on GH5. Now this game, it took me a good month or so to get 20 FC's, but those 20 were hard, minus 1-2 songs. But, I went from 20 to 84 in one day. Just in time for WoR, the last game in the series sadly enough. I got the game on release day, and FC'd Ties That Bind around a week later, being the 4th person to ever FC it. In October I FC'd a lot of the harder songs in WoR, including Holy Wars and Nemesis. But, sometime in October, I decided I wanted to FC a song that I should've FC'd way back in 09. Earlyish 09, and this song was Raining Blood (GHIII) version. After learning Flood! and after many many runs, I finally got that 68th expert GHIII FC. About a week before that, I also FC'd Ernten was wir sean, a difficult GHIII DLC song. But, after the Raining Blood FC, I went on to get 83/93 in WoR, and am currently deciding what to work on. So there you have it. If you happen to still be reading this, congratulations, you npw know basically all of my GH past. To recap, i've gone from failing Slow Ride on easy, to having the following: A Medium guitar FSFC (This I did over the course of the years, with new games coming out, But I was the first to do so 3 times in a row, and am currently as far as I know the only one with a Medium guitar FSFC as of typing this post), 68/70 GHIIIX FC's, 41/41 GH:AX FC's, 48/49 GH:MX FC's, 84/85 GH5X FC's, 83/93 GH:WoRX FC's, JIHKA FC (7th to do so), Death Magnetic FAFC (4th-6th one to do so), Multiple Hard difficulty DLC FC's, Satch Boogie Hard FC (first on video), and many MANY good memories with friends. I'll never forget this game, I couldn't if I tried. I'll never forget the feeling of FCing a difficult song, of Passing Jordan (which I did in 09 I think, though I didn't mention it above), Passing TTFAF, Passing TDWDTG, FCing any difficult song i've FC'd (my best reactions came from Dyers Eve or Raining Blood), The time and effort I put into this game, and though no new games are coming into this series, i'll still play it and it will always remain my favorite game series. R.I.P GH. You will be miss, but you won't be forgotten.
ShiftBreaker  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple of years back (Whenever GHI & II came out in the UK, it was the same year) for christmas, I was looking on the GAME website for presents, saw GH, looked at the setlist, saw "Take Me Out" and demanded that shit*

*asked for christmas

Turns out me and my older sister got both GHI and GHII, and a guitar each. GHII was mine, but whatever, it was brilliant. It kinda' went from there, with GHIII for Wii, GH:WT for PS3, and every other one after that. Managed to beat Free Bird the year I got the game, after starting on easy and only passing Psychobilly Freakout with Hyperspeed. It kinda' stuck from there.

Still not 5*'d all games on guitar, though. Only GH5, GH80s, BH and GH:A are the ones I've done, IIRC.

Never passed TTFAF on GHIII, but I despise that song so I never put the effort in. Did it on SH. Not even tried the one on GH:WoR.

Proudest achievement...I'm not really sure. Kid Charlemagne FC, as I adore the song, maybe. Same with Runnin' Down A Dream. Getting 60-odd FCs on GH5 is also pretty nice.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looooooong time reader, first time poster.

Me and my friend got the original GH1 at release. We both thought it was awesome and played it a lot and he beat expert mode just in time before GH2 came out. I was still struggling on hard mode .

GH2 was fantastic and it turned out to be the favourite game of both of us. I started reading stuff on Scorehero and watch a lot of videos on youtube, and quite soon we both had every song beat on Expert except Jordan.
We played through co-op a bunch of times and it was the best time I ever had with GH.

Soon GH:80's was released and my friend went to get it right off. It was when he started to FC a lot of the songs that I realized I didn't have the same skill level as him. Still, I liked the game very much.

GH3 was released and we both played way less, but our friendly rivalry was ressurected when we both tried to pass TTFAF. When he finally passed it he decided to play other games for the next few years before picking up another GH game.

I lost much interest in the game, but was still keeping track of the community. When GH:A was released quickly followed by GH:WT it was the end of my friend's will to play GH, and I stopped for a long time as well. GH:M was okay but then we kept getting dissapointed whenever we tried another GH game. I got back at GH though, and passed the last few songs I needed.

I got more active on youtube/streams/etc, and finally GH:WoR was a very pleasant surprise. It even made my friend come back and play against me, and is in my opinion the best game since GH3 (inb4 flaming).

Although i had ups and downs GH series has been probably the most entertaining game series I have ever played. Activision ruined it all by milking the series to death, but I will keep playing the first 4 games whenever I feel like having some fun .

(Sorry for the stupid grammar mistakes and the wall of text)
HerbieHero  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was in Best Buy one day in September 2006, and there was a demo of this game I'd heard of once or twice called "Guitar Hero". Although rhythm games were never really my thing, I decided to give it a shot...and failed Take Me Out on Easy. I gave the demo another try later on and actually passed, still on Easy. Later that month, I was at a friend's house who happened to have the game, and he convinced me to give Medium a shot. I got started and could hardly stop; I got about four tiers into a Medium career that night.

That November, I got a PS2 for my birthday, and that Christmas I got my own copy of Guitar Hero (although GHII had been out for a month and a half, I didn't get it until I got good at the first one). I finished a Medium career that day, and I remember managing to get a Medium FC on Symphony of Destruction within the next couple weeks. In a couple more weeks I'd stepped up to Hard, and in a couple months I was onto Expert. In April I finally finished an Expert career, Bark at the Moon's outro having stalled me out for a few weeks by then.

That June, I got Guitar Hero II and finished an Expert career that night (overcoming problems with the likes of Hangar 18 and, of course, Free Bird along the way). I tried Jordan but failed miserably in the solo (you know, like you're supposed to on your first try on Jordan). But I spent that summer polishing up my scores; particularly proud achievements included finally getting 5* on Free Bird and actually passing Jordan.

By that September, I was thoroughly hooked and had Guitar Hero III reserved for some time, to be paid for with what meager earnings I'd squeezed out of the summer. I spent that day finishing an Expert career, beating Lou on TDWDTG just in time to finish my homework before bed. It only took me a couple weeks to beat TTFAF, compared to the couple months it took me to pass Jordan.

I got Rock Band shortly after Christmas and spent much of the coming months playing that, but by Christmas the next year, in light of the new games for both series and their newfound emphasis on DLC, I decided it was time to get a 360. I got one that Christmas and picked up Guitar Hero World Tour shortly thereafter, and having access to new features like character creation and the aforementioned DLC breathed new life into the experience for me. By this point, playing through on Expert was no problem on guitar, and I started to branch out into other instruments; the same USB mic I'd used for Rock Band on PS2 served me well with GHWT and later Rock Band 2 on my 360, and I occasionally used the drum kit that I got for Rock Band 2 with GHWT.

Although from that point on I tended to favor Rock Band, I still kept up with the main series Guitar Hero releases. My copy of Guitar Hero 5 arrived just as the fall semester of 2009 started, which was fortunate, because if it had arrived any later I probably would have done a lot less work that semester. And this past fall, Warriors of Rock's arrival and the new axe it brought with it brought its share of great times as well, providing an awesome rock-filled month of getting as much out of it as possible before the release of Rock Band 3.

Overall, since Christmas 2006, between Guitar Hero and Rock Band, I don't think I've gone more than a week without playing one or the other, excepting a week this past winter that I spent in Italy (and even then, I had Rock Band Unplugged with me).

Farewell, Guitar Hero. It's been a hell of a ride.
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

June 2007, my fiance brings home a silly game called Guitar Hero 2 for the PS2. We play for 2 hours, then go out to WalMart to buy the 2nd guitar. The rest is history.

GH80s, GH3, GHA, GHWT, GHM, GHSH, GH5 and GHWOR were all day 1 purchases from then on.

In the meantime there are 4 get togethers:

November 2007 - UK GH3 release. I meet thecaptinof, SilverSwift, Sottle, BadgerBomber, and so many others, and I get thoroughly mutilated by GH3.

Summer 2008 - ScoreHero Texas Get-Together. I meet BrianBAM19, DragoonKain, Deschain, f4phantom, someguy, 11yearoldkid, and a bunch of others. I'm also named the quietest singer ever

Summer 2009 - Indiana Get-Together. wuLFe, elx, SArmstr0ng, Torchy, cubsrule, and many more. Endless setlists and Burger King. Good times.

November 2009 - Grafstock. Graf, ravagetalon, HellAshes, NYVideoGameFreak, TheThirdDay, Drewbles, Rickles, and other people. More Burger King. OM NOM NOM.

And finally, July 2010, we pull off the most awesomest GH-themed wedding ever.

Wow, GH has given me so much. Great friends and lots of fun. I just hope I'll find another game down the line that will give me that much enjoyment.

Thanks HMX/NS!

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
Warhiem  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My friend Nick got it when it came out, and I played it with him a bit and got up to the hard difficulty within a couple hours. I could play expert by not looking at the screen but the frets(lol i thought smoke on the water was literally impossible) but that was on one song and I failed it after I couldn't memorize more. The first song I passed on hard was Ziggy Stardust, was really cool.
Then I got GH2 for christmas the year it came out, and it was AWESOME. I started my career on hard, got about halfway through and then bumped up to expert. I could 3 star most songs (if I remember when I went back to 5 star the disk, strutter was the only song I had 5 stars on), but that made me considered the best in town! I remember the first time I passed Jordan was INSANE, and then I 5 starred it which was crazier. Then I passed TTFAF finally, and to this day don't know anyone irl who has passed that song or jordan.

TerminX13  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Notable events, huh..

I first got into the game with On Tour near its release. I'd heard about a DS version on the Nintendo Channel and thought it was a really cool idea, so I bought it.

I asked for both Decades and World Tour that Christmas, honestly hoping for Decades more than WT, thinking I would suck at a 5-button setup. Of couse, I eventually got over that and started playing Expert like the rest of us here.

Over the next few months I bought all the games available on the Wii, and all the new releases that year. Some people bitched about Neversoft flooding the market, but I loved getting some new song packs every few months. Couldn't understand the complaints, really.

Eventually I started getting really good at the game. In the few years I've played it, I've gotten several great FCs I'm rather proud of, like I Know A Little, Beast and the Harlot, Bark at the Moon, Hark the Herald Angels Sing, and other tough songs.

Before Warriors of Rock released, I re-bought all the games on my new Xbox 360, with it obviously being a superior system for GH needs. A couple months later, I bought WoR.

And holy hell is it amazing. A near perfect setlist filled with great songs, both in terms of sound and fun. I hate that this had to be the last GH, but it truly went out with a bang.

I thank you, Neversoft, for all the enjoyment and fun times you've given me through this series, and for all the mew music you've introduced me to. I used to only listen to whatever was on the radio, but Guitar Hero has pushed me in the direction I'm in now. I've discovered some amazingly beautiful music through this game, and a new obsession in music, and I have Nev to thank for that. Thank you.

Now I'm off to sing American Pie.
:c

Twitter | Trollbean | RateYourMusic | Hummingbird
Accomplishments:
RB (Latest: 25 or 6 to 4)
GHL (Latest: GHL FGFC)

Greatest canine ever to play the plastic guitar
BlueTornado  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

May 2007: I first hear of the game "Guitar Hero." I didn't play it just then, but I watched others play it at parties. Later, I found out about other GH veterans such as PriestMLH, wuLFe79, beberle2, HellAshes, and iamchris4life, which fueled my interest in playing Guitar Hero.

October 2007: I played GH3 as my first Guitar Hero game. It took me a while to get the hang of, though.

December 2007: I get my first FC ever (Bulls on Parade on Medium)

End of 2007/Early 2008: I struggle to move up to hard mode with the orange fret. I finally hear about ScoreHero.

March 12, 2008: I join ScoreHero. This was my very first thread, and I've come a long way since then: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=782589

Later, I heard about Rock Band and was glad that it was coming for the Wii. I also heard about iamchris4life FC'ing TTFaF on June 3, 2008, and there were several posts per minute in his thread.

The next epic day was 9/9/08, when a plethora of epic FC's happened. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't it One on Expert by Undead and jprez, TTFaF on hard, RttH Expert Drums by someguy913, and IDWS and Knock Me Down Expert on GH:OT?

Later, I beat the setlist on GH3H. Lou kept me back, though.

For Christmas of 2008, I got Rock Band 2 and played GH:WT. GH:WT was disappointing, while RB2 was great.

In early 2009, I beat TTFaF and Lou on hard within 24 hours of each other, and TTFaF came first. At this point, I had finally passed everything on hard in GH3. I also made it to Tier 8 on expert.

In May of 2009, I finally got my hands on a PS2 and GH2. Several months later, I got GH1. I had the old school GH under my belt. I remember 5 starring Free Bird mostly.

2010 didn't have a whole lot to offer, though I almost FGFC'd GH2M and GH3M. Also, I got more Expert FC's and many Hard FC's. I also became more competitive in Bass.

Well, R.I.P. Guitar Hero, it's been fun.

EDIT: isolated999 owned GH3 and GHWT and he also helped me and got me into GH.

You have died of dysentery. Put in your sig if lemons.
Proud Christian: If you are a Christian, put this in your sig. Let's see how many Christians are on ScoreHero!
***My Accomplishments: 67 RB2 H Guitar FCs!***
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: BlueTornadoSH
Rtsdeathreaper  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was the start of 2006, when me and my friend went into our Toys R Us in Cardiff, where there was a plastic guitar, and a TV. So our instinct was so go over there and play it. Unfortunately it was being played at the time so we just had to watch, but all through watching it I knew I wanted to get the game. I convinced my mum that I wanted the game and I would fork out the £50 it was at the time (Which is a lot when youre 11 lol).

I was an extremely casual player, I started on easy, then went onto medium, then hard, then expert. I had a lot of trouble passing BATM on Hard, which when I did, I was so shocked about it. Me and my friend played once in a while and we would try and beat each others scores. Seeing as I had the game and he didn't I would win most the time but we didn't really care about that. When I had got onto expert I passed all the songs, except for BATM and Cowboys From Hell. Out of the whole game my favorite chart was Godzilla.

Then next year when GH2 came out I got GH2 for christmas. Another awesome game, with more awesome songs, and more awesome guitars. I never did complete it though, but Woman was my favorite chart on GH2.

Then the next year after that I got GH3 for christmas as well, which I barely touched. Don't know why, just didn't like it.

Then it wasn't until around april 2009, which me and my friend were talking one day, and we decided we would get RB and all the peripherals that would come with it. The next day I sold my PSP and games and got the equipment myself xD.

I didn't really play much of GHWT, I mostly played RB drums and trying to improve on them. It wasn't until December 2009, after going through 2 drum kits, that I started playing GHWT. I got a few awesome FC's, such as BYOB, Stranglehold and Dammit. It wasn't until christmas eve, when I randomly played Purple Haze, and FC'ed it, did I really make an impact on the community. I got 2 pages of replies and it made me so happy I got noticed. Then I got FC's like Scream aim fire, Vicarious, Hot For Teacher etc, and ended up getting a FGFC in april. That was probably the 2nd happiest I have been in my music career (with #1 being passing RTTH drums on hard, srs).

I then started playing GHSH, where I got the FGFC in about a month, which at that point I noticed I was actually GOOD at these games. It was really fun streaming Beast and The Harlot and FC'ing it to the 3 people watching

Then I got GHVH, FGFC in 2 and a bit days, sold it, bad game...

Then a BH FGFC but that wasn't too hard of a game.

And now I'm just hovering in and out of playing it.

I've just gotta say, I've met some fantastic people because of GH and SH, especially the guys from Team Epic Fail, that was probably the most fun period I've had whilst playing these games.

As for the games, IMO they've had their ups and downs. I LOVED GH1 because it was new and original, had an amazing setlist, and felt right. GH2 was basically the same. GH3 was more of a challenging game and less friendly to casual players like I was. GHWT was a nice change to guitar only games like the previous installments. Metallica IMO had the best setlist, and X+ was a nice new feature. GHSH was too samey for me. GH5 had it's new features, but I rarely played it due to the X+ bug thing. BH, was an ok game. GHVH was a big letdown, outdated graphics, tighter engine and bad setlist. GHWOR was IMO the best they could've done with the franchise. They really went out with a bang.

So I want to thank you Guitar Hero, for being such a big part of my gaming life, and I will continue playing until my peripherals die!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: RTS Deathreaper
stumper93  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man....always wondered when this day would come...

It was late 2006 and I went to a church lock-in and couple of my friends were playing this game called Guitar Hero. When it was finally my turn, I chose Cherry Pie on easy...seemed so exhilarating at the time! Then I was told to pick Jessica..but I clicked the medium setting on accident. Insta-fail for me! I remember seeing Free Bird on expert for the first time that night...crazy! When I learned that the game was only on the PS2, I was bummed. But then that announcement came that it would be coming out for the 360! Excitement ensued!

Guitar Hero II finally for the 360! I remember it was a school night, and I had the game and I played Surrender on easy and felt like a beast playing it. There was a rivalry between my sister and myself on who was the better player. She made it to the hard difficulty before me

Then there seemed to be the down time...my friends that introduced me to the game were not interested when I told them I had passed Free Bird on expert. But then, the resurgence of GH3 out made everything change!

I was a freshman in high school and had a great rivalry against two seniors on who could pass TTFAF first...the senior got it first but he cheated by having someone hold down the green button. I passed it by myself However, getting that game was so amazing. I remember I was home alone the first night I had it, and I blasted the TV speakers up so I could hear Slow Ride insanely loud!

Then came the other sequels, World Tour, Metallica, GH5, VH, WOR, etc. As each game came out, I became less and less disinterested which made me disappointed. I was more of a Rock Band fanboy when World Tour came out. I've found myself visiting this site less and less because of I think my age.

However, it's all been a great experience! When I was searching google for Guitar Hero II news, what did I find? Scorehero. I absolutely love this community! Everyone has always been great! Yes, we've had our ups and downs, but we've always stuck together.

There were the great times, with one of my absolute favorite GH memory being Jordan being FCed by HellAshes. On that day, I thought to myself "There's nothing impossible on GH anymore!" Then of course, TTFAF came along...and you know it, things changed. But it was the ultimate competition back in the day that I absolutely love and won't forget about this game.

Who would have thunk that a game like Guitar Hero could have become a huge phenomena and bring together lots of people onto a site like this?

Peace out GH, you've been fun!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got GH3 for my Wii in 2008, and was playing on Hard by June, where I failed a song for the first time (Rock and Roll All Nite). I beat it on my second go, but two months later, that song proved to be my downfall again - my first roadblock. By the end of 2008, I was midway through Tier 7. Embarassingly, however, I only made it to Tier 8 in October 2009. It took me three goes to pass Cliffs of Dover and three days to pass NotB and One. Raining Blood though...

Over the next year or so, I consistently tried and failed to pass Raining Blood and felt disillusioned with GH - I was quickly losing interest, when GHWOR came out. After looking at the setlist, I jumped at the chance. GHWOR was just what I needed - a new challenge. In fact, it was so good for me that this happened.

In November last year, I was at my mom's friend's house. I noticed that her daughter had GH3 and a Wii, so I asked her if I could use it, and she said yes.

Magic ensued.

On my second attempt, I passed Raining Blood with no SP. Two weeks later, I got my first FC - Fortunate Son. I now have 5-starred 55 songs on GHWOR including Psychosocial and Bloodlines, and I have FC'd Listen to Her Heart and 2112 Part 2.
afrojavi  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i wonder if people here is actually reading the stories besides from the person who wrote it...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: