ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Avenged Sevenfold - Not Ready to Die
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Music Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 7:29 am    Post subject: Avenged Sevenfold - Not Ready to Die Reply with quote

Though I'm sure the real hardcore fans know about it, Avenged Sevenfold wrote a new song for the Call of Duty Map Pack "Escalation" called "Not Ready to Die"...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKP9RwoTWwE

Though I was not a fan of 3/4ths of Nightmare, this song isn't that bad. Keeps the melodic bits down to a minimum and has some good solo stuff. Would make for a good song in Rock Band.
popemobile  

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Literally the only redeeming quality of the song is that it got me to play Nazi Zombies again
ThunderAlex  

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm gonna be honest, compared to their older stuff, this one isn't that good. I didn't say it sucks, but I prefer their older songs.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Wii Friend Code: 438237975587
stinkdog2007  

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love this song alot. M Shadows scream has changed a lot, and it is very noticeable in this song. The ending of the song is my favorite. The breakdown is awesome.

Arin did a fantastic job on the drums. He seems to have a lot of The Rev influence in him. His footwork is really good also, I liked a lot his double bass patterns.

This song is a new personal favorite of mine. Love it so much.

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThunderAlex wrote:
Well, I'm gonna be honest, compared to their older stuff, this one isn't that good. I didn't say it sucks, but I prefer their older songs.

Yeah it's not as good as City of Evil, but with their last two albums, it's certainly a step above them I think.
Nubnut  

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno, personally I just can't get into it whatsoever. And the ending was just so, bland and stereotypical.
"THERE IS A DREAM I AM LIVING
THERE IS A LIFE I AM DREAMING OF"
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Gavesit
b.vicious  

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm not too much of a fan honestly, i have to listen to it more, but so far i think it's eh.

My Youtube Channel CHECK OUT MY GUITAR COVERS!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: bwakvicious
Twang  

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it. Like most others in this thread, I'm not a fan of the band. CoE was ok, and I have a special place in my heart for Waking the Fallen, but aside from that, I generally think they suck. That said, a song or two every so often from them isn't too bad.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: teamkillin629
TheLonging  

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's eh, although I like the drummer. I still don't think they could have ever topped I Won't See You Tonight though, so there might be some slight bias in there <_<

NavyCherub wrote:
AshleyWilis wrote:
hi for me Its something different...
It seems like Full sound full combo...
I mean It show passion and determination for my guitar
Smoke weed erryday.
CloudFuel  

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When comparing Not Ready To Die to such favorites as:

* Unholy Confessions
* Won't See You Tonight P1 & P2
* Beast & the Harlot
* Bat Country
* And All Things Will End
* Afterlife
* Seize The Day
* Nightmare
* Buried Alive

No, in my opinion, it's not better than any of those songs...

BUT, when I look at it as simply a song I either like or dislike plus the fact that it's new and was written in a short time... I am more than overjoyed with it. In fact, I love it!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: CloudFuel PSN Name: Cloud_Fuel Wii Friend Code: 4265622918614549
POKE-JJ  

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bad song is bad and bad band is bad.

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

POKE-JJ wrote:

Obviously posting pointlessly negative comments on boards helps put you to sleep at night. Have fun with that.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: CloudFuel PSN Name: Cloud_Fuel Wii Friend Code: 4265622918614549
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

POKE-JJ wrote:

If only the rest of the music forum posted like you, the world would be a much better place.

Agree with CloudFuel, it's not their best but still not bad by any means. I wouldn't pay for it on iTunes, but I'm definitely impressed with that new drummer and I hope they have a long career altogether.*

Man, I just still can't believe how people can manage to have almost no tact at all and still have friends and everything. There's a way to say "I don't like something" without saying "THEY'RE BAD AND THEY SUCK LOL!" There's just something that reeks of pretentiousness when somebody says that shit. *And if your first thought upon reading the above statement was "lol I hope not, they suck!!!" then you're exactly who I'm talking to. I mean, I hate BTBAM but I don't have secret wishes that they break up and disappear, and I don't go into BTBAM threads to talk about how much I hate them. I ignore them and they ignore me (easy enough to do!) Why don't more people share this philosophy?

Do we need 2 threads for people to talk about how much they hate A7X? I mean, Hitman, you surely knew this would happen so I don't see if it was even necessary to make a whole new thread about a song you only kinda-sorta like. But oh well, I suppose I become more annoyed when it's just the same subject all the time.

"But Hailz! I'm allowed to not like a band and say so! Piss off!"

Yes, but we're all adults here (or maybe not). So it would be nice if y'all weren't dicks. Thanks.

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
Twang  

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^C'mon, now. He was obviously trolling. Aside from him, the only out-right negative post in this thread was pope's, and he used at least a little bit of restraint. You're blowing this out of proportion.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: teamkillin629
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought about putting it into the other thread, though it wasn't the right thread to begin with, it just happened to turn into A7X talk. I figured that since since they generally well liked around the forums, and that I actually liked it, and that it went with the release of the Call of Duty pack this week, it wouldn't hurt to post. I certainly didn't open this thread to have "two threads to bash A7X".
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Music Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: