Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
JG's Thread: Holy Wars FC #85/611
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 67, 68, 69  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JohnnyGrey  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

October 4th, 2016 - I've been playing bits here and there still, mostly going for things I haven't done before. I FGFCed GH2 medium, and I went and finished most of GH3 medium. Then I decided it could be fun to try and see what I could accomplish on expert bass.
I'd never really done much with it, so I decided to start with WT. I know this game is mostly pretty easy, so I figured it would be a good place to start. I got 71 FCs on my way through the setlist. I'll go back and get some more later, but for now I'm mostly just trying to get an acceptable score on everything.
I know I could get at least 5 more FCs without too much trouble: The three Tool songs, Sweet Home Alabama and Assassin. I will also come back to improve on the harder songs, like HFT, BYOB etc. as well as redux some FCs that I screwed up the path on.
So yeah, I'll keep you posted on my XBass progress. I think I'll go through GHSH next. As of now, my goal is just to go through all the games, and then I can decide what I'm capable of and how much effort I want to put in.

I have been trying stuff on Xguitar, and did get pretty close to a Crazy Train FC, so that could happen sometime too. Assassin and NSTB are still dumb

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You still don't have donkeydonkeyins? I'm surprised, seems like something you would've randomly FCd quite some time ago. NSTB isn't that bad honestly if you can use the hopos. Considering your BatH skills that shouldn't be asking too much :p Cool stuff, good to see progress on WT. Seems like it was definitely one of your weaker games. Bass stuff is cool too, I've always wanted to try my hand at it to see how I'd do. Seeing as I have some experience with open notes now thanks to GHL I might do alright XD
2:59 alexhaz64: I'm like 6th place on that song
2:59 alexhaz64: pretty neat
2:59 alexhaz64: :p
2:59 JohnnyGrey: No Alex, I don't care how good your score is
2:59 JohnnyGrey: DAMMIT
2:59 alexhaz64: XD
alexhaz64 flexes
2:59 psxfreak101: too slow on the trigger there, boyo
2:59 alexhaz64: that seems to be the case all night
2:59 JohnnyGrey: I've been too slow a few times tonight
2:59 JohnnyGrey: GDSAKj hfask
2:59 psxfreak101: XD
2:59 alexhaz64: LMAO
2:59 alexhaz64: OMG
psxfreak101 actua-loling
VertigoMan  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude were missing same songs on WT Guitar exept Guitar Duels
We should FC B.Y.O.B and Strangehold at least ;D and nice work in every game ^-^

GH1 FCs: 46/47 | GH2 FCs: 63/64 | GH80s FCs: 30/30 | GH3 FCs: 68/70 | GHA FCs: 41/41 | GHWT FCs: 85/86 | GHM FCs: 48/49
GHSH FCs: 47/48 | GH5 FCs: 85/85 | GHVH FCs: 46/47 | GHWoR FCs: 89/93 | Total FCs: 648/660 | Old School 207/211!!!
Best FC: Ballroom Blitz!!!
sjay  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bass player alert !!! Nice work dude. Where do you see yourself on Bushidox',s boards ?

http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=107740
JohnnyGrey  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alexhaz64 wrote:
You still don't have donkeydonkeyins? I'm surprised, seems like something you would've randomly FCd quite some time ago. NSTB isn't that bad honestly if you can use the hopos. Considering your BatH skills that shouldn't be asking too much :p Cool stuff, good to see progress on WT. Seems like it was definitely one of your weaker games. Bass stuff is cool too, I've always wanted to try my hand at it to see how I'd do. Seeing as I have some experience with open notes now thanks to GHL I might do alright XD

I realized I don't do enough full runs on some of these songs (Yet I still expect to get the FCs somehow ). Typically, I'll practice the outro of Bonkbonkins and then maybe get somewhat close. Then I'll do one or two runs, and not make it to the outro, and then give up. I was thinking I should just do like 3 runs of a bunch of the songs I'm close to, every once in a while just to see if I can get lucky.

Fun fact, after practicing NSTB a bit for the first time in a while, I did a run and got a 100% overstrum on the last strummy bit in Brooklyn. Then the next two and a half hours had no results .

Bass is pretty enjoyable. WT has a lot of easy stuff, so if you wanted to get a good idea of what the harder FCs were, just start with the ones I don't have :P. Though, I imagine you'd be able to squeeze your way to the top 5 or so, so you'd probably want to go through everything anyway.
But yeah, thanks! I'll try to get something super cool so you can be proud of me again after so many years of nothing.
VertigoMan wrote:
Dude were missing same songs on WT Guitar exept Guitar Duels
We should FC B.Y.O.B and Strangehold at least ;D and nice work in every game ^-^

Thanks! Yeah, those guitar duels are so annoying. I often forget about them, so I definitely need more practice . Stranglehold is doable, for sure, but I was never that good at BYOB. Though, if you FCed it on Bass, Guitar shouldn't be too much of a challenge at all!

sjay wrote:
Bass player alert !!! Nice work dude. Where do you see yourself on Bushidox',s boards ?

http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=107740

Thank you! Yeah, I was looking at his boards when I started thinking about going through the Bass career. Judging by my GHWT scores, and assuming I could maintain/improve that level throughout the other games, I think I could certainly manage top 10. If I end up a lot better and get close to top 5, it might encourage me to go for more FCs/reduxes. But we'll see how it goes.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

October 15th, 2016 - Finished the GHSH bass career yesterday, with decent success. The only FC left I "should" get is No One Knows, but I'll go back to it later. Freebird and TTFAF are both possible, but would require a lot of grinding. Overall, this game was much more exciting to go through on bass that WT was. I'd say the majority of these songs are harder than the 60 easiest WT songs. I'll probably go through GH5 next, which is probably another snoozefest, but the songs aren't too terrible

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump for new FC

November 16th, 2016 - I actually got a new FC! First main game FC since June 2013 lol. Video link is here. Sorry about the lousy camera angle. Didn't realize until I had already uploaded.
But yeah, this took about an hour and a half. I would mostly miss in the strumming sections, naturally; Although, sometimes it would just be random misses in the verses/easier solo bits. I had a run where I overstrummed the last slider note, so I made sure to use the slider and not strum on my FC run.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job on the new FC! It always feels good, doesn't it? I remember Painkiller being a huge... well, pain to FC. I think it took me like 8 hours of grinding or something ridiculous like that. 40 FCs in GHVH is pretty nice as well, I must say. Not much left that's doable. Guessing the last 4 are HFT, Little Guitars, YRGM, and Romeo Delight?

Hope this is the beginning of a new wave of FCs for ya
2:59 alexhaz64: I'm like 6th place on that song
2:59 alexhaz64: pretty neat
2:59 alexhaz64: :p
2:59 JohnnyGrey: No Alex, I don't care how good your score is
2:59 JohnnyGrey: DAMMIT
2:59 alexhaz64: XD
alexhaz64 flexes
2:59 psxfreak101: too slow on the trigger there, boyo
2:59 alexhaz64: that seems to be the case all night
2:59 JohnnyGrey: I've been too slow a few times tonight
2:59 JohnnyGrey: GDSAKj hfask
2:59 psxfreak101: XD
2:59 alexhaz64: LMAO
2:59 alexhaz64: OMG
psxfreak101 actua-loling
skinnywhitecomic  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alexhaz64 wrote:

Man, I LOVE when that happens. You get one new FC, and it seems like the flood gates open and you get a whole bunch of them!

Painkiller is pretty sweet. It's definitely the hardest non-Van Halen song in the game. Good work! Let me know if you need any tips for any bass songs as well.

JohnnyGrey  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, I recently discovered ways to play the PS2 GH games without needing the disc, since my ps2 laser is more or less dead and my GH discs are scratched to no end. So GH1 and 80s might be back on the market! I just need a different TV to fix the lag for GH1; I could probably do 80s on this TV, since it has calibration.

alexhaz64 wrote:
Great job on the new FC! It always feels good, doesn't it? I remember Painkiller being a huge... well, pain to FC. I think it took me like 8 hours of grinding or something ridiculous like that. 40 FCs in GHVH is pretty nice as well, I must say. Not much left that's doable. Guessing the last 4 are HFT, Little Guitars, YRGM, and Romeo Delight?

Hey thanks! Yeah, there are many sections that are easy to miss on an FC run, so I was glad to get it out of the way.
Yeah, those 4 are the only "possible" ones left...
HFT - Honestly, if I could learn the intro, I could probably grind it out. I'm sure the strumming bits are much harder on FC runs though
Little Guitars - Haven't tried the strumming too much, but it's hard.
YRGM - I could probably fluke verse 2, but I have trouble with solo A
Romeo Delight - Ugh. I tried practicing this for a while. The first solo bit is fast, so it's easy to miss. The second one I have a tap method for, but it's still annoying. I'll wait a bit before trying for any of those songs.

As for new FCs, Creeping Death and Battery are certainly in the realm of possibility. The main riff of Creeping Death is fast enough where it's a real pain though.
skinnywhitecomic wrote:
alexhaz64 wrote:

Man, I LOVE when that happens. You get one new FC, and it seems like the flood gates open and you get a whole bunch of them!

Painkiller is pretty sweet. It's definitely the hardest non-Van Halen song in the game. Good work! Let me know if you need any tips for any bass songs as well.

Thanks! Yeah, maybe in a bit when I go back to fix my scores on the harder songs, I'll need more advice. For now though I just plan to finish off GHM and then move back to guitar.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After discovering LocalH's GH1++ mod, I decided to fire up the ol' PS2 and play some GH1. After going through the career on 120% for lulz, I decided to use the speed mods to my advantage to try and practice some of the elusive FCs I was capable of but had never managed to get. The game lags a bit on my TV, but as long as I go a bit early, it's certainly not unplayable.
All of This made a little more sense, but still kinda weird. Crossroads seems a lot easier but was being stubborn. And Spanish Castle Magic was still a mess.

Then I decided to play You Got Another Thing Comin'.
About an hour and a half later

FC #35 /179 / 567

After essentially FCing it on 90% first try, I figured it was worth the grind. After maybe 15 minutes on 95%, I figured I was close enough where I could fluke an FC. I was ending the solo with a 3x, so I just had to figure out how to make sure I FC up to that point and know which note to start the faster part on a downstrum.

So yeah, first GH1 FC in almost 10 years

Don't expect too much else. While it's nice to be able to slow things down, the lack of practice mode makes playing something at 80% take 125% longer to get to the solo lol (*cringes at CotC intro*). Plus, I feel like the slight lag is big enough where it still causes problems. But who knows? Maybe Crossroads.

Last edited by JohnnyGrey on Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:59 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: BonkFace
pizzzapizza  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome back
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, that's a name we havent seen in a long time. welcome back !

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WHOA, IT'S JOHNNYGREY, HOW THE BONK ARE YOU??
[quote=''youhas'']EDIT TO ADD: Hey, post #3000! Neat! I will eagerly anticipate my set of ScoreHero-branded steak knives within six to eight weeks.[/quote]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PiemanXC
Malum  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now thats a name I havent heard in a long time.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 67, 68, 69  Next
Page 58 of 69

Jump to: