ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Cheating to Practice

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who can really use some practice?
The game told me I suck when I failed Crossroads so much!
19%
 19%  [ 5 ]
Texas Flood made my water pipes burst.
30%
 30%  [ 8 ]
Are you kidding? I only play when I'm standing in lava. And frying eggs with my foot.
50%
 50%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 26

GuitarRanger  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 12:54 am    Post subject: Cheating to Practice Reply with quote

Haven't seen anything about this. If you really need to practice a song, activating the Always Green cheat (Yellow, Blue, Orange, Orange, Blue, Blue, Yellow, Orange) can let you play through a song without worry of failing. Can do that in multiplayer too, but everybody knows that's easier. If you already don't worry about not passing a song, I guess it doesn't matter much...

You enter the code at the game type select screen in case you don't know (Career, Quick play, etc...).
dd3mon  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried this way back when I was first clearing some expert songs (cfh comes to mind) - didn't help much at all. In fact, with all the pressure off, I usually played whatever I was screwing up worse simply because I wasn't forced to try my hardest.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL. i did this ONCE for no one knows X. i was getting too tired from repeating the song that i just let the song run and practiced playing just that one double strumming part (G-GR-G-GR and R-RB-R-RB and the chords between).

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's also good for practicing HO/POs, especially in songs like CfH and Frankenstein. I'll often try to go through entire songs doing every note possible as hammer-on/pull-off when I put the cheat on just trying to improve.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: wxtrofl
dspoonrt  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

trofl wrote:
It's also good for practicing HO/POs, especially in songs like CfH and Frankenstein. I'll often try to go through entire songs doing every note possible as hammer-on/pull-off when I put the cheat on just trying to improve.

That's a good idea. I really need to work on hammers and pulls.
Maybe I'll try that tonight.

"Power Surge," "Funk You," "Grindsaw Groove," and "DisorderlyConduct"
- all charted by dspoonrt

HylianHero  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand your poll.

But I never had to do this. Granted, I'm not really terribly good at the game,. I just found out about the cheats at the wrong time. By the time I saw the Always Green cheat, I had passed all of my songs. And since Always Green does absolutely nothing for 5-starring, it was pointless to use it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: