ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Texas Flood is killing me.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DrOid  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:09 am    Post subject: Texas Flood is killing me. Reply with quote

It's the only thing that stand between me and a guitar god on expert. No matter how much I practice I can barely even cross the 4 star line (120,000 is my highest). It's not so much that I can't play the notes, it's just that I don't know the rythyms. There are very many notes that come in on the upbeat/sixteenth note time, and when you're going that fast, it's hard to catch those things, and that 1 missed note costs a minimum of 3,200. The only thing I know to do is to hope the VGS Player helps me.

Any tips? I can handle any other "Face Melter" easily, but Texas Flood steals my jock.

___GOALS____

50 Expert FCs - (46)
Top 5 XBL - (5th!)
350k Jordan expert - (320k)

Currently Trying to FC - Search & Destroy
y2jake215  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i had the same problem as you man, i just COULD NOT five star texas flood

the trick is, you really have to get that first star power, and then hit every note pretty much in the first "section", til the first green red yellow yellow part, if you end up with 35-40,000 you can pull it off, by just struggling through the rest of the song and having 4x multiplier and activating star power right before the one part with chords. thats how i did it, i got really lucky hitting some sections i never hit before, and i managed to get 154,000

of course... i accidentally did it in quick play instead of career mode
so i need to do it again
dspoonrt  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, star power usage plays a huge role in getting good scores on Texas Flood. Echelar and others have outlined various strategies all over these forums that work well.

Try to listen to the actual notes in the song to feel their timing. At least that's what I do. It's so bluesy and soulful, I think you can kind of feel when the notes should be played. Once you get the rhythm down, just keep practicing note-heavy sections and work on getting the necessary star power. Your scores indicate that you're a very good player. You should be able to pass the song with some practice and preparation.

"Power Surge," "Funk You," "Grindsaw Groove," and "DisorderlyConduct"
- all charted by dspoonrt

DrOid  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I broke my high score with a 129,000 today, so thats a start. Mr. Green

___GOALS____

50 Expert FCs - (46)
Top 5 XBL - (5th!)
350k Jordan expert - (320k)

Currently Trying to FC - Search & Destroy
Hellion42  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dspoonrt wrote:
It's so bluesy and soulful, I think you can kind of feel when the notes should be played.

Well, that's part of the problem really... the style of the song is very loose and open to interpretation. Aside from a few signature licks, there's really no places where notes "should" be played. It's all about feel, and what we have in the game is one man's interpretation of one man's famous rendition of a song someone else wrote when the others were still in diapers. So if you're "feeling" what the secondhand cover guy felt, you'll prolly do ok. But if you're trying to feel the song itself, you'll most likely end up with a non-competitive score.

BTW, off-topic a bit... are there any other "double-covers" in the game aside from this, Crossroads, and Higher Ground? Just curious. Mr. Green

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joan Jett covered I Love Rock and Roll. It was originally an Arrows song.

"Power Surge," "Funk You," "Grindsaw Groove," and "DisorderlyConduct"
- all charted by dspoonrt

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: