ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Random idea for the site

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jasonmicron  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:37 pm    Post subject: Random idea for the site Reply with quote

I don't know if this has been mentioned before as I don't really check the boards that often --

Is there a way (or are there plans) for a little update page when we visit the site? Like a page that shows what has changed since we last logged on.

For example, if I login to the site or visit the main page of the site it would be nice to see if someone beat any of my scores or if I lost any ground on a certain song to someone else. If I scored 3rd place on Easy on Bark At The Moon and a week later someone replaces me or passes me up and knocks me down to 5th or so it would be really cool if I were able to tell by a little summary page.

Na'mean? Just an idea.

Take it easy.
CrackerRiley  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what a RANDOM idea. i like it though, that would be neat. more work for jcirri i suppose, but would be nice to see. i dont think anyone has thought of this before.
ES942  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that is a good idea. the only thing you see is the past 8 or so scores entered.
HylianHero  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm. The first thing I thought after reading "new alerts" was that you wanted a way to check forum alerts, but this is actually a good idea.

It might be difficult to implement, but it's a hell of an idea.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It'd probably be a strain on the server too because people that aren't consistently getting top-5 scores (like me ) may have lots of score notifications between visits.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: wxtrofl
JCirri  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This idea has given me another idea that's much more doable. I can store the rank of a score at the time of the submission, and keeping everything else the way it is, I can show the rank upon submission on manage scores in addition to the current rank that is shown now (so you can see how much it has dropped, if at all).

This won't necessarily show what has changed since your last login, but that's a much more difficult task and would negatively affect the performance of the site as trofl has said.

So let me know if you like this alternative idea and I could add it.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JCirri wrote:
I can show the rank upon submission on manage scores in addition to the current rank that is shown now

Like "-2 since last visit" or something? That would be pretty nifty.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: wxtrofl
JCirri  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not since the last visit, but since the score's submission (the timestamp that is shown).

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JCirri wrote:
This idea has given me another idea that's much more doable. I can store the rank of a score at the time of the submission, and keeping everything else the way it is, I can show the rank upon submission on manage scores in addition to the current rank that is shown now (so you can see how much it has dropped, if at all).

This won't necessarily show what has changed since your last login, but that's a much more difficult task and would negatively affect the performance of the site as trofl has said.

This would be a huge help to me....
MLafer  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I strongly support this idea.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JCirri wrote:

that is actually what i was aiming for dude.

love it. us regular people (not krim or es) love to see if we've been passed up. :p
jasonmicron  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 12:43 am    Post subject: oh yea and ES Reply with quote

oh yea and ES -- i'm gonna pass you up.. or something (yea right). haha.
jasonmicron  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by jasonmicron on Sat Jul 15, 2006 9:09 am; edited 1 time in total
CrackerRiley  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JCirri wrote:

very very good idea i say
Wimbernuts  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also think it would be nice to see how much your overall ranking has changed. If it's not possible to update on a daily basis it would still be cool to see how much your ranking has changed, on say, a weekly basis.

What I have in mind is somewhat comparable to how billboard.com operates its web site...ideas would include showing a player's peak ranking and where they ranked last week compared to this week (possibly highlight players who have made the greatest gains in one week's time). I understand as this site continues to grow with users implementing my idea becomes less likely (talk about server strain), but hey, it's an idea nonetheless.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Website Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: