ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The Point of No Return

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Anyone feel the way I do?
yup ^.^, that's why I rock the charts!
68%
 68%  [ 17 ]
no.. I'm such a n00b.
32%
 32%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 25

schzoidbaka  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 9:36 pm    Post subject: The Point of No Return Reply with quote

I just barely started playing expert today, and I must say, "Once you go Expert, you can never go back." Even though I suck terribly at it, it's SOO much more fun than Hard.

Chime  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still think it's addicting to try and come up with the best SP paths on easy. Just made it to the top 4 and still looking for improvement on other songs.

Whenever I feel like ripping out the disc and put a huge scratch right on it where cowboys on hell expert is I go back and try to 5* hard.
trofl  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno, when I'm just messing around and I don't feel like being all hardcore like, I'll just play stuff on hard. I've also got a sheet I made marking down what I've 100%'d on hard (I've got about half the songs), but I'm not posting the scores here because I usually just do it without SP and, like I said, not trying to play perfectly.

Being able to 100% stuff on hard is just as if not more amazing than beating some songs on expert to people who are just starting out ;)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: wxtrofl
catfish7  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still really enjoying getting better on hard. I guarantee I'll be the top 40 (I hope) in the next month or two. I've improved my scores daily on every song. Expert still hands me my ass a lot on the harder songs, although I can still pass them all, I don't enjoy all the bleeps yet required to get better.
schzoidbaka  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, I started on expert because I thought, "if I could manage to pass songs on expert, getting a higher score on hard would be easy!"

Hopefully what I thought would be right.

dspoonrt  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

schzoidbaka wrote:
Yea, I started on expert because I thought, "if I could manage to pass songs on expert, getting a higher score on hard would be easy!"

Hopefully what I thought would be right.

It works both ways. Like others have suggested, you have to switch back and forth between Hard and Expert when you hit walls. I've been doing that for months and it's finally starting to really pay off.

But to be on topic, yeah I prefer to play on Expert.

"Power Surge," "Funk You," "Grindsaw Groove," and "DisorderlyConduct"
- all charted by dspoonrt

Fly1ngV  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i prefer to play on expert, but some songs i like better on hard. i am currently back on hard right now trying to get my skills better so that i can own it up on frankenstein and texas flood on expert.
eachann  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It depends on the song but I actually prefer to play on hard most of the time. I guess if I get to the point where 5 starring every song on hard becomes trivial , then i'll change my mind... but many of the songs on expert are only marginally harder and some of them they just made the fret button combinations tediously difficult without really adding a whole lot of notes to the song. I like playing on expert too... but to say that there is no going back is certainly not true IMHO.

I know a lot of people on this board are just so good at the game that hard isn't a challenge, so I guess I can understand if they say there is no going back.. .it would be like me playing on medium, i never do it any more because even the hardest songs aren't hard for me any more. For anybody still working on hard though, playing on expert for a while isn't going to make you not want to play on hard again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: