ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Tetris, anyone?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sully  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:31 am    Post subject: Tetris, anyone? Reply with quote

I'm a long time Tetris fanatic, dating back to the original Game Boy version that I got when the Game Boy was first released back in '89 (I was in 7th grade).

I saw that Squirrel had posted some Tetris DS scores/screenshots in the Mugshots thread. I was a Tetris DS addict for about 6 months after it came out, playing very competitively on Nintendo WiFi and also racking up some sick single player scores. I maintained a solid 7500 WiFi rating (~top 100 worldwide) and topped out at just over 34k Tetris points (a measure of single player scores).

I still play here and there, but my skill has severely stagnated since I stopped playing daily. If anyone's interested in hooking up on WiFi, leave your friends code and I'll try to work out a time to play some matches with you.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: vSully
Squirrel  

Location: Wyano, PA (Come visit! My gameroom is always open.)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

XD I want to play you.

561757 849635
Rorschach  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tetris is the best game ever programmed, no arguments.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Squirrel wrote:
XD I want to play you.

561757 849635

531462 626421

I'll be around throughout the day tomorrow.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: vSully
Squirrel  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pm me when you're around XD or im me on any of the messengers. I won't be home till about 3-4pm though.
JayHL  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I play a shit ton of Tetris on my cell phone. It's the only way I kept my sanity during my statistics course.
Nulien  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had Tetris DS... but then some dumbass went through my bag while I was at work, and stole my DS and some of my games. I didn't even have it for long enough to accomplish much in it, and haven't got around to getting it again... but at least I had the satisfaction of seeing that guy fired.

The only other version I currently have is Tetris DX, for Game Boy Color... with pause-save, and the ability to continue to rotate pieces for a second or two after they touch down, it was almost too easy to get insane scores.
cobainage1994  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

im terrible at tetris, level 3 is a little to fast for me and shapes confuse me
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: RandyRhoads801
MasterAce  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I play Tetris like crazy on my cell phone.

High Score:

Level 16
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Perfidious Sinn Wii Friend Code: 7718621967747715
Maikeru  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't bring my Tetris DS cartridge to work with me today but I'd love to play some WiFi matches. I'll post my friend code when I get home later. I like to think of myself as a pretty good player. My girlfriend, however, is currently one of the best in the region. She currently has Empire Arcadia (a premiere gaming clan here in New York) beat on both Marathon and Endless. Tetris DS is also one of their best and most competitive games. We're hoping to arrange some sort of live Tetris showdown in the future.
Sully  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Standard Marathon score is 1,604,000, but I'm much prouder of my Line Clear score of 468,600 (I was shooting for 2 million and 500k, respectively). Endless is a pointless mode- it stops getting harder at level 20 and anyone with a little Tetris skill and a lot of free time can max the score.

Here are my records (forgot to take a pic but 34353 tetris points):

My rating took a slight dip last time I played WiFi as it was the first time I had played in a while and I did pretty poorly. I only played 4-player and Push a few times, Standard 2-player is my best mode. Oh, and isn't it dumb that the counter stops at 9999? I've played well over 10k matches on Standard 2-player.
Squirrel  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually it stopped at 999 for me...

Just give me an im when you want to play, so you can kick my ass XD
Sully  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just found my WiFi adapter, so if anyone's interested, I'll be up for some action around 11pm EST tonight and pretty much all day tomorrow.
Tahmer  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I play tetris online. rarely though. cuz of people like you who just own too hard and beat me in like no kidding 30 seconds. I thought i was good at tetris as i could play marathon for hours and never lose. (i tried once. I gto to level 99 and 999lines and the count stopped and my score was over a million and i gave up cuz i had been playing for 4 hours.) going on WiFi boy was i ever wrong.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: