ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Obama vs. McCain
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 59, 60, 61  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deak2112  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jondrody wrote:
snoman99991 wrote:
Not only would we have spent a fraction of our original money, the world wouldn't look at us as a bunch of assholes tearing up middle eastern countries. Al-Queda gets recruits from the region because those people hate us. Some might be religious radicalism, but a lot of it has to do with the fact that we're still viewed as aggressors.

I'd like to see where you got the idea that people joined Al-Qaeda and decided to blow themselves and other people up just because we are in their country. The fact is Al-Qaeda is a radical religious group first, and large number of Al-Qaeda members hate the US because of our involvement in Israel, which in reality is the root of the problems between the United States and the Middle East. Al-Qaeda is just yet another group of extremists who think any non-muslim involvement in the mid-east is wrong, and that is why they want the United States out.

If you can actually provide numbers that support the statement that more people join Al-Qaeda because of American occupation than religious fanaticism I'd love to see them.

Agreed.

People dont understand that those in al-gaeda are fueled by religious beliefs in which they believe that killing others for their religion makes them heroes. This also means that they will stop at nothing too ans that includes the threat of death.

Muslim extremists: "you die for my religion"
Christians: "I will die for my religion"
As a christian, i dont like how that points to me dying.

For lulz my Wiki and for My Youtube Channel

Free Bird since 11/9/2009
My only regret is that I only have one life to give for my Lord
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: Deak2112
Knut  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deak2112 wrote:
Agreed.

People dont understand that those in al-gaeda are fueled by religious beliefs in which they believe that killing others for their religion makes them heroes. This also means that they will stop at nothing too ans that includes the threat of death.

As opposed to Christians? >_>

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/bush-god-told-me-to-invade-iraq-509925.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crusade
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Deak2112  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knut wrote:
Deak2112 wrote:
Agreed.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/bush-god-told-me-to-invade-iraq-509925.html

So the president admits he's a christian?? GOOD!!

knut wrote:

What year is it now?

and lets not start a religious debate.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: Deak2112
clawmaster2  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deak2112 wrote:
Knut wrote:
Deak2112 wrote:
Agreed.

So the president admits he's a christian?? GOOD!!

I think you missed the point..
Deak2112  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah the point is that Bush is a christian and was told to go invade which and by lsitening to God he is killing for his religion. I think extenuating circumstances should be left out of the point I was trying to make

Lunchb0x  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deak2112 wrote:
yeah the point is that Bush is a christian and was told to go invade which and by lsitening to God he is killing for his religion. I think extenuating circumstances should be left out of the point I was trying to make

I would love to know the point you were trying to make. Because personally I have no idea.

Only goal: Learn and master RB drums (/)
Slax  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knut wrote:
Deak2112 wrote:
Agreed.

just to halt any religious arguments (people have been down that road before)...I don't think Bush is and ideal, or even sterotypical christian. Thats just something he probably said to heighten his approval rating from 1% to 2%.

Edit: also, wasn't that catholics and not protestants? I really don't know, and i don't have time to read cuz i have to got to school >_<

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy Baby Jesus....

19 pages... I'm going to pretend I didn't see this thread until I read all of it tomorrow.

You people REALLY can't find another outlet for political discussion other than SH? Really...... Really, really, REALLY?

Before I go to bed I must ask the following; are you in one of these camps?

1. Do you believe that your own personal opinion is so compelling that your proselytizing will change your opponent's minds?

2. Are you so "in tune" with your own political party that you want to write a 500 word essay so you can enjoy a like-minded circle-jerk with the repliers to your post?

Where's my fucking Dramamine....

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: DiscGolferPro
Josseppe95  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

discgolferpro wrote:
Holy Baby Jesus....

19 pages... I'm going to pretend I didn't see this thread until I read all of it tomorrow.

You people REALLY can't find another outlet for political discussion other than SH? Really...... Really, really, REALLY?

Before I go to bed I must ask the following; are you in one of these camps?

1. Do you believe that your own personal opinion is so compelling that your proselytizing will change your opponent's minds?

2. Are you so "in tune" with your own political party that you want to write a 500 word essay so you can enjoy a like-minded circle-jerk with the repliers to your post?

Where's my fucking Dramamine....

haha, that made me just fall on the floor laughing.
shinycow17  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mccain is best obviously.. who wants a president named BARRACK HUSSEIN OBAMA?!?!?!?!? that's like...worse than osama bin laden haha and of course there's other reasons too but his name is so funny.. can he has terroristness?..

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shinycow17 wrote:
mccain is best obviously..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cki_Va7n3Mo

Did you read DGP's post?
Edit: *headdesk* You're not serious. Please tell me that was a joke.
KrakenEater  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shinycow17 wrote:
mccain is best obviously.. who wants a president named BARRACK HUSSEIN OBAMA?!?!?!?!? that's like...worse than osama bin laden haha and of course there's other reasons too but his name is so funny.. can he has terroristness?..

James Madison (former presidant), James Bulger (top 10 FBI most wanted fugitive)... How does having the same first/middle names of someone else make you like that person? Answer: it doesn't. At all.

Last edited by KrakenEater on Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:41 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail PSN Name: KrakenEater
discgolferpro  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well this seems somewhat civilized and if Hailz is keeping an eye on it...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: DiscGolferPro
blackwidowcd  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think people: would you rather have a president that suffered for his country and is a true patriot, or a N00b who's a terrible speaker and has a wife that hates America?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: DisembodiedLoaf
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blackwidowcd wrote:
Think people: would you rather have a president that suffered for his country and is a true patriot, or a N00b who's a terrible speaker and has a wife that hates America?

...civil it was, DGP, but one more post like that and I'm locking this one so hard. So, so hard. Hell, throw in a few temp bans or rockers.

If you feel the need to state your opinion, for the love of all that is holy, back it up! Create a discussion! God forbid you tell us what you think with some intelligent explanation.

And yeah, that's classy, bashing the other side? Mmm, no. If the only way you can show support for something is by putting down the other side, please, get out and stay out.

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 59, 60, 61  Next
Page 19 of 61

Jump to: