ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Obama vs. McCain
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 59, 60, 61  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rkcr  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deak2112 wrote:
Sorry but I've had like 13 people PM me and tell me to leave it. You can do something similar and i will keep my mouth shut.

It doesn't work that way. It's not okay to do something just because you're okay with me doing it to you, because I'm not okay with being needlessly offensive. I don't go around calling people niggers and kikes because I'm okay with them calling me a chink.

I don't care if you disagree with every single thing a liberal believes in, but wishing death on all liberals is just hate.

The fact that there are exist 13 people who aren't just indifferent but supportive of your signature makes me want to quit Scorehero entirely. I guess that's totally okay with you, because you'd rather I were dead anyways.
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deak2112 wrote:
Sorry but I've had like 13 people PM me and tell me to leave it. You can do something similar and i will keep my mouth shut.

Your sig is annoying on a few levels: it could potentially insult fellow members and its annoyingly tall. I could technically remove it on that grounds alone, but instead I'm going to ask you "nicely" to remove it. (And then when you don't, I'll remove it myself.)

Anyway, stay civil guys...

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
Lunchb0x  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, well said rkcr.

I can see how someone could be proud to be conservative/liberal but blanket statements that smear the other side are pretty juvenile.

Only goal: Learn and master RB drums (/)
bdMoron  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually I like Deaks sig. It alowed me to get a summary of the link in his sig aswell, a crude joke. A poumpus website that had no justification for anything they say on there. Its all "Democrats is dumb" or my personal favorite "10 out of 10 terrorists vote democrat". I would love if trofl or stryker could go there because they bash global warming like nobodies business. I am suprised he could keep a somewhat in depth converstion about politics if that is his only source of information.

I am a Proud Liberal. I am Pro-Choice(Diffrent subject). If someone wants to insult me or what I stand for they better have something better than "Liberals are friggen idoits". Hailz If you do delete his sig could you delete the link too. Its equally if not more offensive than the rest of it.

Anyway I am still pulling for Obama. I literally do watch all sides of the debate. There some things I like about both and things I dont like about both. The whole "He needs war expierence like McCain" is a futile arguement. All he did was serve in the war. He wasnt a higher up official. He wasnt a general. All he knew how to do was be a soldier. If our countries main goal was to get everyone in the army with a gun, then he would be your man.
100 Expert Drum FCs [92]
200 Guitar FCs [176]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: VOD T3ABG1N
discgolferpro  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deak2112 wrote:

Can you tell us which 13 people were supportive of your sig? I'm just curious because anyone purposefully PMing you to tell you they approve of your sig would not be ashamed to publicly wave their party affiliation.

I'm not even going to look at the PM logs.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: DiscGolferPro
anterth  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

discgolferpro wrote:
Deak2112 wrote:

Can you tell us which 13 people were supportive of your sig? I'm just curious because anyone purposefully PMing you to tell you they approve of your sig would not be ashamed to publicly wave their party affiliation.

I'm not even going to look at the PM logs.

i believe PMs are for private messages, so its not Deaks place to name names, however i agree those 13 should not be ashamed to say it was them if they feel that way in the first place.

i am not one of those 13. I dont think the sig is cool because it just bashes liberals without any ration arguement. to me its just rude, i think there are better ways to get under a liberal's skin that statements like that sig.

so im gonna say that i dont think he should have had that sig in the first place, but i dont think anyone else should be able to make him take it down. its freedom of speech at its worst, but freedom of speech nonetheless. not taking it down under his own preference shows poor judgement, but being forced to remove it isnt the way to go.

thanks Karatechess!!
Deak2112  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the "problem" is fixed. But I'm keeping the shirt i have that says the exact same thing lol. For future reference its called political humor. I wish death on no one. I honestly cant believe anyone would read that far into it.

Anyways, back on topic. McCain, Yay!!

For lulz my Wiki and for My Youtube Channel

Free Bird since 11/9/2009
My only regret is that I only have one life to give for my Lord
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: Deak2112
thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deak2112 wrote:
For future reference its called political humor. I wish death on no one. I honestly cant believe anyone would read that far into it.

For future reference, it's called being a troll. If someone were to say that all Republicans are racist, homophobic rednecks (which, incidentally, is the image we get outside of America, in contrast our Conservative Party are racist homophobes but without the redneck aspect), you'd damn sure be complaining about it so you can't very well claim it's alright when you do it because it's 'political humour'.

Anyway.

I think it's interesting that we hear nothing about this McCain guy. Nothing at all. I was recently talking to someone who takes an interest in world politics and current affairs, but even he struggled to remember who it is that Obama is up against. In contrast, we hear all sorts about Obama, he's visited over here... I work in a book warehouse while I'm on break from university and books about him are being sent out in their masses.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Wow Mr. Mad, who fucked your buffalo?
Deak2112  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will admit political humor and bashing are different and mine was definately on the line. All i was trying to say is that i just dont wish death on liberals. Even though my sig was bashing them some. there's no question about that.

Back to what you also said, I may sound crazy in saying this but it is no surprise to me that McCain isnt heard from much. I believe it has something to do with a mostly liberal media. They leave McCain out of stuff because they want Obama in the minds of the undecided. Just my theory, and i know i dont stand alone on that. I, also, Im not degrading liberals in that either. Im sure if the media was mostly conservative it would be the same only flipped.

For lulz my Wiki and for My Youtube Channel

Free Bird since 11/9/2009
My only regret is that I only have one life to give for my Lord
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: Deak2112
KrakenEater  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thecaptainof wrote:
Deak2112 wrote:
For future reference its called political humor. I wish death on no one. I honestly cant believe anyone would read that far into it.

For future reference, it's called being a troll. If someone were to say that all Republicans are racist, homophobic rednecks (which, incidentally, is the image we get outside of America, in contrast our Conservative Party are racist homophobes but without the redneck aspect), you'd damn sure be complaining about it so you can't very well claim it's alright when you do it because it's 'political humour'.

Anyway.

I think it's interesting that we hear nothing about this McCain guy. Nothing at all. I was recently talking to someone who takes an interest in world politics and current affairs, but even he struggled to remember who it is that Obama is up against. In contrast, we hear all sorts about Obama, he's visited over here... I work in a book warehouse while I'm on break from university and books about him are being sent out in their masses.

I assume you live in Europe, but where? Other than 'following the unicorn', of course. Although that is a great place to be.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, I'm in the UK. England specifically. Which is why I keep at least a cursory eye on what you lot are doing, it's relevant to us because our idiot government will end up as your President's personal pet, whoever it may be.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Wow Mr. Mad, who fucked your buffalo?
cheedie101  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thecaptainof wrote:
Heh, I'm in the UK. England specifically. Which is why I keep at least a cursory eye on what you lot are doing, it's relevant to us because our idiot government will end up as your President's personal pet, whoever it may be.

That just made my freakin' day!

Deimos wrote:
"~WeeDSk8r420's~Pot~Page~
PandaSteak  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deak2112 wrote:
I will admit political humor and bashing are different and mine was definately on the line. All i was trying to say is that i just dont wish death on liberals. Even though my sig was bashing them some. there's no question about that.

Back to what you also said, I may sound crazy in saying this but it is no surprise to me that McCain isnt heard from much. I believe it has something to do with a mostly liberal media. They leave McCain out of stuff because they want Obama in the minds of the undecided. Just my theory, and i know i dont stand alone on that. I, also, Im not degrading liberals in that either. Im sure if the media was mostly conservative it would be the same only flipped.

I've always wondered why people think the media is mostly liberal. At the very least its even, and yet I see extensive coverage of Obama's tiniest slip-ups or out of context sound bites, while McCain and Republican members of Congress have their mistakes and aggrandizing quotes glossed over and shown positively. Printed media may lean SLIGHTLY liberal but the big money market, television, has shifted incredibly far to the right in the last few years. I can point out fox news as unabashedly right-wing...can you point out any stations that similarly lean left? No.
Josseppe95  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really agree with the fact that the media is liberal. I honestly think that's just a stereotype, and conservatives use it as an excuse as to why conservatism has been dying down recently. Just throwing my two cents here.
0wnd1zzl3d  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thecaptainof wrote:

I was so sick of Tony Blair humping Bush's leg all the time...

Those two were like best friends...

Proud Atheist - If you are an Atheist, put this in your sig. Let's see how many Atheists are on ScoreHero!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 59, 60, 61  Next
Page 21 of 61

Jump to: