ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Tip for The Way It Ends
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
satchdude  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:00 pm    Post subject: Tip for The Way It Ends Reply with quote

I found that playing through The Way It Ends on slow in practice mode helps warm up my strumming hand so when I play it and other fast struming songs (KoC) my hand doesn't wear out so fast. Before I did this I would keep a combo for a while at the beginning and then my hand would fall off. After playing through it on slow I found I was able to keep a combo much longer, and it also helps you get the rhythm in your head. The solo on slow is also a decent warmup for zigzag type stuff.
23.5 Millionaire: 23.46
650k on TTFAF : 614k
pucktheduck  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's interesting. I'll try it out (I'm going for the 6* and my hand always tires out).
TheThirdDay  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pucktheduck wrote:
That's interesting. I'll try it out (I'm going for the 6* and my hand always tires out).

Hell, it can't hurt to try. I'll attempt anything to make me not inept at that song...
satchdude  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, and this may be common sense, but try to relax your strumming hand/arm as much as possible. Use as little effort as possible. Make your up and down movement as slight as possible. One of my problems with that song was that I exerted more energy than I needed to. I don't know if this will be helpful to anybody, but it helped me.
23.5 Millionaire: 23.46
650k on TTFAF : 614k
Syzzle  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually do this too because it really does work and it helps me since I usually dont get to play often and helps me warm up after the few weeks from GH.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger PSN Name: Syzzle
northtxhurricane  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just keep altstrumming the same rhythm...nothing else to it. Not hard at all, don't know why people have problems with it. It's the solo that I can't handle, especially the end of the first solo and the interlude has some fucky places too.

http://www.youtube.com/user/idontreallyknowno

My Youtube Account...plenty of Guitar Hero videos.
Syzzle  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

northtxhurricane wrote:
Just keep altstrumming the same rhythm...nothing else to it. Not hard at all, don't know why people have problems with it. It's the solo that I can't handle, especially the end of the first solo and the interlude has some fucky places too.

They have troubles because its a hard rhythm to pick up and it goes on for a long time not everyone has arms like chuck norris so their arm dies half way into the song.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger PSN Name: Syzzle
northtxhurricane  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Syzzle wrote:
northtxhurricane wrote:

They have troubles because its a hard rhythm to pick up and it goes on for a long time not everyone has arms like chuck norris so their arm dies half way into the song.

Why the hell does everyone still make references to Chuck Norris? It's not exactly as if Chuck has played Guitar Hero. I'd probably beat him in a round of TWIE right now if we played...even though I'm a bit out of practice.

Syzzle  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

northtxhurricane wrote:
Syzzle wrote:
northtxhurricane wrote:

Why the hell does everyone still make references to Chuck Norris? It's not exactly as if Chuck has played Guitar Hero. I'd probably beat him in a round of TWIE right now if we played...even though I'm a bit out of practice.

If you can beat his Fc of it blindfolded played with his feet with every squeeze hit.
northtxhurricane  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Syzzle wrote:

If you can beat his Fc of it blindfolded played with his feet with every squeeze hit.

Link?

GlassDragon  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

northtxhurricane wrote:
Link?

LOL

Well... um....

Chuck Norris doesn't need a link lol if they released any videos of him on the internet our computers would explode and be like WTFAAH3#$!$##

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

northtxhurricane wrote:
Syzzle wrote:
northtxhurricane wrote:

Hmm..I don't think so. Chuck Norris doesn't even have to strum the notes, they strum themselves to get away from him. That's why he's FC'ed every song ever in a GH game.

Anyway, at OP, that's a good idea, I usually jump right in to the song...I'll try that next time.

Check out my Youtube channel!
We have a Dead Space 2 Hardcore run coming out very shortly, an ongoing Portal Let's Play, an ongoing Super Mario RPG Let's Play, AND a Max Payne Let's Play in the works. Be a hipster! Follow Full Grown Gaming before most people do!
Zeoilvia  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get a powerball to warm up both of your hands in fast way without overextending
Peekay  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really still don't understand why people have a problem with strumming this- as the person above said, my problem is the solo- alt strumming shouldn't be tiring in ANYWAY possible. I can understand having troubles with the rhythm (hell that's how I always use my combo) but I could play this song as many times as I want as long as I don't die from boredom, I don't see why strumming tiring you out is a huge issue here- if it's your arm that gets tired, you're tense- so loosen up, my advice- not much, but eh that's my opinion on it lol.
DarylZero  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my problem with this is that i always have to start on a down strum. i can't go dudud udu, always dudud dud but the gap is very short and the strumming faster compared to, say, One. playing on slow in practice doesn't seem to help. i don't have any trouble on slow.

i do seem to so slightly better on twie after playing ttfaf, but still not good enough. my highest is 10-15k short of 5* and i haven't gotten close to that again :/. for some reason i can't get the chorus where you're holding down the lower 2 frets even though it's the same rhythm (i think) as the verse.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: