ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
question about burning/loading custom gh2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jskill  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:59 am    Post subject: question about burning/loading custom gh2 Reply with quote

I have a flip top ps2 and am having trouble loading my burned gh2. I can tell that the ps2 recognizes it as a ps2 game becuase cogswap(my method of playing burnt games) goes through all the checks and confirms it. The problem is when i go to run it it just spins and its a black screen also sometimes the disc just stops and sits at the black screen. I have burnt with 3 different types of media on slow speeds (4x and 6x). I also recopied all of my dvd contents and replaced the hdr and ark files. My process for creating the iso is to open it with dvd gen. and enter the info in the volume tab then export the iml. Then i load the iml in apache 2 and create iso and burn. Any advice or ideas on what could be causing this is greatly appreciated.
jskill  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I finally got it to load after playing with some utilities....now I have an issue where i go to select a song and the preview of the mp3 plays and i chose it and it loads but after a bit of loading the screen locks up.
thewhyan  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What type of media are you using?

..and please. Use the edit button.
jskill  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok sorry for the edit....i have tried using sony dvd - and +, memorex, and fuji film. I have also successfully used these medias to burn games before. Its just weird to me that it will load the preview of the song but it cant load song in training or quick play

Just another update....I have tried burning with different programs and still have not had a song load yet.

Could there be any possible problem dealing with my mid files...like the intros or anything along that lines.
jskill  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I have started to think that it locks up right as it is just entering the song. The wing like things flap for the loading part and then it skips and then it starts for a sec and then it just locks up. On the real game right after it skips for a sec it flaps again and then loads the song.

Another update...I left some of the songs in the game when i rebuilt it and they dont load either.....it just hangs on the loading screen. I have tried burning at 1,4,8,16 speeds and have used sony and memorex media(both have worked before). Could it do with the laser in the ps2?
jskill  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well after a week of trying everything I know I have found one last thing that bugs me. When I open my gh explorer the song arterialblack errors on me. It complains about its vgs file. Now there are 5 vgs files in this song: arterialblack_coop.vgs,arterialblack_p50.vgs,arterialblack_p65.vgs,arterialblack_p85.vgs, and arterialblack_sp.vgs. I am assuming I would need to replace the sp.vgs but when i try it just errors on me when I click import. My main question is that if i have a song with a bad vgs file could that potentially cause the game to not load any songs. Thank you

Also could it be that the slowest i can burn is 6x?
jskill  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok another update....i have found that even after replacing that song it will not load. I have purchased a new dvd burner(i needed an excuse) so I will see if that affects anything. Since gh2 does load up to the song menu and preview songs im assuming that all of the files copied correctly from the game. Is that a safe assumption?

Ok when i just replaced 1 song it worked....i did switch a lot of freetar songs to mid....could they potentially cause a problem
JewishDragon  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:15 pm    Post subject: guitar hero loading from cd and hdd Reply with quote

alright i've officially substituted all 64 songs in my file with new ones. Specifically, for arterial black, i did substitute the sp-vgs file for the new mp3 i put in and everything worked fine. I had no problems with songs crashing in ghex, everything seemed fine. Yet, after i tried the new game in my mod ps2 (slide card), some songs were crashing and it was a pain... i think it was mostly due to end event difficulties because i got lazy and didnt check in anvil.

I had a question though concerning the loading of GH2 from the hard drive. The regular game (GH2) loads from the hard drive, but my image file (GH2.5) doesnt, it stays black after i load it in hdloader. Any ideas? Is it possibly the custom content of the songs, a different buffer size needed for the file in the hardrive, or maybe just a bug or mistake when i was substituting in ghex? I've looked nearly everywhere else in the forums, and i don't see anything on that.
soadsupremacy02  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have the same problem with loading hte songs..it loads it then just crahses at the very end...havent found a solution yet
jskill  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well 1 week later and quite a few coasters i just copied my gh2 to my computer again and did all the steps. Then used cd/dvd gen and apache2. Burnt with dvd decryptor and now its loading....although some of the songs never end.....but they all load and play. I have noticed that when I burn with nero it does not load though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: