ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Problem with Apache - creating ISO

View previous topic :: View next topic  
blackmamba  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:30 am    Post subject: Problem with Apache - creating ISO Reply with quote

I've been playing customs for a while, probobly burned a dozen discs with no problem. Recently, I've had a problem with Apache 2.0 where it gets to 1003700 where it finishes (somewere around there), and just freezes indefinitly. I have tried to use Apache 3.0 (which is not quite finished yet)instead, and I get a weird error message saying that it couldn't find the "!" file.

I think this may have something to do with the fact that I messed around with the files for the track images. I tried changing them, which showed up in GHex, but then when it didn't work, i extrated the .mid and .vgs files from GHex and deleted the Main.hrk file I was working with and imported a new one from my latest working DVD. From here on out, I haven't got it working.

My question is, are there other free programs out there besides Apache that do the same thing? Or should I try replacing all the game files from a working DVD and start clean? could the corrupt file be in the .mid or .vgs files that i extracted from the old Main.hrk file?

If anyone bothers to read this whole thing, thanks a lot.
DOOManiac  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This alternative came up a lot when Googling.

Iml2Iso Enhanced
http://perso.orange.fr/nomod/ (scroll to bottom)

I haven't tried it so I have no idea how it is. If it does work it could actually be an improvement over Apache if the .iml file extension association works as advertised. I don't have a lot of faith in it though since the author doesn't even know how to alt+printscreen. If you do try it out, please be sure to report back to us.
katamakel  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:46 am    Post subject: Re: Problem with Apache - creating ISO Reply with quote

blackmamba wrote:
... but then when it didn't work, i extrated the .mid and .vgs files from GHex and deleted the Main.hrk file I was working with and imported a new one from my latest working DVD. From here on out, I haven't got it working.

First of all, what the hell is a .hrk file?
Must be some kind of mutation between the .hdr and .ark files.
Anyways, you can't just manually replace one of them, you need to replace both of them (if that's not what you did.)

Neither of this should of course matter to Apache.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Problem with Apache - creating ISO Reply with quote

katamakel wrote:
blackmamba wrote:
... but then when it didn't work, i extrated the .mid and .vgs files from GHex and deleted the Main.hrk file I was working with and imported a new one from my latest working DVD. From here on out, I haven't got it working.

First of all, what the hell is a .hrk file?
Must be some kind of mutation between the .hdr and .ark files.
Anyways, you can't just manually replace one of them, you need to replace both of them (if that's not what you did.)

Neither of this should of course matter to Apache.

haha yeh, what i meant is the main.ark file. I just wasn't looking back at the acual filenames and i just combined them in my head. But yeh, i did replace both the .vgs and the .mid but the problem with apache still persists, so im gonna check out that other program suggested. Thanks for the help.
katamakel  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off, I didn't mean both .mid and .vgs, I meant both .hdr and .ark.
Secondly, do you have ghex running whilst running Apache? That seems to be a no-no...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

katamakel wrote:
First off, I didn't mean both .mid and .vgs, I meant both .hdr and .ark.
Secondly, do you have ghex running whilst running Apache? That seems to be a no-no...

Nope I didnt have GHex open with apache, my computer runs slow enough with only 1 thing open haha. But you're right, i didn't think of re-importing both the .hdr and the .ark, i just figured the one that was bigger, the .ark, had all the important file information on it. I think that has been my problem all along. So I'm gonna start with a totally fresh copy of the whole thing and replace all the .mid and .vgs files again. Ugh, this is probobly gonna take 5-10 hours, but oh well.

I'll let you know if i get it to work after all this. Thanks for helpin me out.
katamakel  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They both contain important things
The .hdr contains information about what files there are, and where they are in the other important file, the .ark..

10h?
Just try one or two songs. If you can't even get that working, there's no need in replacing more.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: