ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Offering assistance with tempo sync/time signatures.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CaptLtrl  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:20 pm    Post subject: Offering assistance with tempo sync/time signatures. Reply with quote

I've been following this custom song scene for a while now, and it has occured to me that a lot of people need help with tempo changes and time signatures. I guess this is because of lack of software/expertise, whatever. I'm not judging. I just want to offer my services to anyone who needs it.

I've become quite adept at fixing these kind of problems in Sonar. The songs out there are far from bad, some of the note charts I've seen are awesome. However, once a song is 100% synched, it makes it much easier to play and much more fun.

So, if anyone would like help with this kind of stuff (I'm no good at note charts, or I'd probably write my own songs), I'd like to help make these songs as good as they can be. Throw me a PM and I can look and see what I can do. All I ask is that the note chart is in midi format, as I have seen this new .chart format popping up and I'm pretty sure I won't be able to tinker with them until I understand them better.

Captain Literal

edit: Oh yeah, if anyone wants to see some that I've done, check out Deadite's thread. I synched Chicago and Metallica for him.
Vejz0rz  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simply awesome.

Glad to see someone doing something about all the sync issues out there. Hopefully you can teach those having trouble a few things and we can work our way to a 100% sync zone =P.

Anyway, good luck sir.
knivesx2004  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW you did one hell of a job on Metallica!
Can't wait to see what else you can do.
tarod83  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, someone offering to do some dirty work, I appreciate your effort and enthusiasm, maybe with your help we can increase the quality of custom songs x1000.
Good luck!

PS: I just made a list of the songs I included in my last burn, with ratings and such, ranging from Poor to Perfect+ (5 stages). You might think it's pretty stupid but for me it's quite useful in order to decide which songs would make it to the new and final Custom Hero 2 If you're really willing to get your hands dirty, I can post my thoughts and then you could mess with 'em, with the permission of the creator, 'course. Or you can just ignore me rambling xD
GanonMetroid  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome. I've been having some trouble downloading GHEx, so this will be great.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: vVv Ganon PSN Name: PanOfMopsicle ICQ Number
Fangor  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've thought about doing this myself as I've seen good songs get bastardized by poor sync, (*cough* KS *cough*), but i also realized, that would not be very fun at all. I'm glad someone is willing to take one for the team. Let's just hope this doesn't encourage too many ppl to leave their songs unfinished. Thanks for the work.
CaptLtrl  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest I really don't mind it. I love music and even though I have to listen to the same bits over and over again, I know the final product is always well worth it. I'm gonna try and help as many as possible because I want this community to thrive.

But yeah, Metallica turned out really well, but it was a fun chart to begin with.

I'll probably write a guide for how I do things, because there is no purpose in me keeping that info to myself. I'll try to get something going soon, but I'm gonna concentrate on the requests I have right now.

Thank you for the support, I'm glad to help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: