ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
expert placement question

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
namniewd  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:58 pm    Post subject: expert placement question Reply with quote

I'm kinda confused about the placement in A1 A2.... Will the commissioners simply be taking the top 25 players of this weeks songs, and then the next 25... because if so there will be something like 8 leagues if i've eyeballed the expert list correctly.

If this is how it works, i'm going to be in a league so much higher than my actual skill level as these 4 songs are among my 8 best.

Oh, and Freya <90% is going to be so fun.

Sorry i meant to post this in the other thread... accidentaly hit new topic.
rude95841  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i'm a lil confused too. I read the FAQ but it didn't quite explain this part of it, can someone elaborate?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jesse99999  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, we know for a fact there will be an A, a AA, and a AAA league. They also might break those into smaller parts.

THe thing is...25 is just sort of a guideline, there won't necessarily be 25 in each league.

Also, they will be looking at other scores (Qualifying, previous league scores, etc.)

Hope I was of some help.
Barfo  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In response to the OP's question, rabies already answered this and so did I at various points but ill go ahead and answer one more time since this one wont be buried in a thread. But this week alone is not going to be the only factor in the placements. We are also looking at qualifying songs, all submitted SH songs, and other factors. Also the formula is not just looking for the most points, I developed a complex formula that is designed to predict overall performance from just a few scores, and ive already tested this on the side in a few ways and it is quite robust. Overall this weeks performance is going to provide useful tuning data, but a big portion of your placement is not goign to be based on that - that way if people try and tank this week its probably just going to mean they start out behind in their division. Other than that yeah there will be a lot of smallish leagues/divisions as we want to keep the competitiveness factor high. We shall see the exact numbers based upon the distribution of the data, and once we have that we'll put the list out and everybody can see the result.

I wouldn't be too worried about where you are goign to place - just do the best you can on the songs and everything else will sort itself out. If, after the placements are released, anybody is unhappy with their league placement, then they have the option of requesting to be moved - at which point we will summarily place that whiner in the AAA-ES division (AAA1).
rude95841  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool thanks for shedding some light for me.

now i guess i better not whine if i get put into AA i'll just do my best like you say and hope for it to be good enough.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
staticashes  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ummm......the leagues are cool
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: