ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The Official GHWT SP Discussion Thread | READ UPDATED OP!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 63, 64, 65  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
colts100  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there way that any one could help me learn to path?

If so send me a P.M please.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: hsecats6
codemann8  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Expert:
About A Girl
Aggro
American Woman

I show my work! If you ever see anything not right in my paths, PM me and I'll update the pic, this forum is getting really big[/url]

Last edited by codemann8 on Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:17 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: codemann8 PSN Name: codemann8
PieGuy  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

colts100 wrote:

It mostly comes down to intuition and a bit (read: a lot) of trial and error. Check out this guide for some path making basics.

Edit: Codemann, they're 404's.
colts100  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PieGuy wrote:
colts100 wrote:

It mostly comes down to intuition and a bit (read: a lot) of trial and error. Check out this guide for some path making basics.

Thanks, now hopefully I can path some.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: hsecats6
Keithfert488  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made a (much) better path for Livin' On a Prayer. It turns out, the whammy lengths are wrong and you can get sp on the third to last activation so I made an activation there. The last activation should be moved to 3rd green in measure 137.

Livin' On a Prayer

P.S. There is a video uploading right now that I made to show this path and how it is possible to gain sp during the third to last phrase. I will post it as soon as it uploads.

EDIT: here is the vid

Current # of FC's: 71

My accomps

Last edited by Keithfert488 on Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:53 am; edited 1 time in total
HoorayItsMike  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

colts100 wrote:
PieGuy wrote:
colts100 wrote:

Thanks, now hopefully I can path some.

This is what I do:

Look at how many SP phrases you have and look for the bulkier note sections in a song. Look for how many SP phrases you have before each bulky note section and try to figure out where the best place would be to activate.

If there are SP phrases in the bulky note section and you must activate in that spot, then figure out if there are more notes before or after that section and activate earlier or later so that you will end or begin just as the bulky note section arrives. Sometimes you may not want to activate in that bulky note section and it might be better to wait and activate later in the song on a longer, more bulky note section. You just have to kind of be smart about this. Usually you can tell what is best just by visually looking, but often times you have to count notes.

You almost never want to waste SP and with overriding SP phrases now it's a very, very rare case that you would ever waste SP. Always make sure you never have more than 8 measures worth of SP.

Also, if you are overriding SP, be sure that you calculated correctly and that you actually have enough SP to get the whole SP phrase under SP, and not just reach the beginning of it under SP.

Good luck and hopefully I didn't forget anything major!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Satch Boogie Hard Path
J-On  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hotel California Expert

2 - 1st G in meas. 16
2 (+1) - next note to halfway through BO sustain in meas. 42
2 - next note to meas. 72
2 - 3rd R in meas. 82
3 - 6th O to RYB sustain in meas. 122

Schism Expert

2 - 1st G in meas. 51 to meas. 55
2 - GR to 2nd RY in meas. 88
2 - 1st G in meas. 119 to G sustain in meas. 123
3 - 1st G in meas. 170 to meas. 176
3 - 5th G in meas. 214

Last edited by J-On on Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:51 am; edited 1 time in total
HoorayItsMike  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

colts100 wrote:
Satch Boogie Hard Path

Well, this is the path that I just came up with to check with yours...and I think I beat it. But I didn't check out the math yet.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HoorayItsMike wrote:
colts100 wrote:
Satch Boogie Hard Path

Well, this is the path that I just came up with to check with yours...and I think I beat it. But I didn't check out the math yet.

I've never pathed before so I didn't really know what I was doing was right. Could somebody test these paths out?
HoorayItsMike  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

colts100 wrote:
HoorayItsMike wrote:
colts100 wrote:
Satch Boogie Hard Path

I've never pathed before so I didn't really know what I was doing was right. Could somebody test these paths out?

I just did the math. It's not exact but under your first two SP activations you roughly have 119 notes worth of points. In my two first activations I have roughly 145 notes worth of points. Our last activations are nearly identical, I only beat your last activation by ticks, so that's not a big deal.

Also, that's really not bad at all for your first path. Songs like Satch Boogie and HFT are by far the hardest to make SP paths for. The only reason I beat you by so much is just because I pathed with a different approach than you did. I've done the same thing as you did and so does everyone else. It all depends on your first impressions of a chart to see how well your end result is. Once you get a mindset of a path when you first see the chart, it's extremely hard to see the chart in a different way.

Here's another tip for pathing that will probably help you out, though. Look at your second activation in SB. Now you did good by activating in a bulky note section, but look at the last half of your activation. You have a VERY small amount of notes in a large amount of beats. This is one of those times where you have to look at it and say "there has to be a better way of activating". Now if we look before the bulky note section, there are quite a few notes before it, MUCH more than there are after it. This means that it's most likely going to be best to activate before the bulky note section and end right at the end of the bulky note section, as my path did. That's the main reason that I have so many more notes than you.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First attempt at posting a path, I made a rough estimate of the whammy.

Purple Haze

2 - first green after first break
3 - first green after long blue or a bit later if you didn't whammy
3 - second yellow note (just before tapping part)
2 - next note

This path should give a total of 261662.

Can someone tell me if the path is at least close to the optimal or am I completely off...

My Accomplishment Thread
HylianHero  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Crowley (Expert) path

It's very possible to squeeze ticks out of the last activation, but I didn't want to keep playing it through to figure out about how far I could make it go. Also, you can stretch the first activation farther into the RB sustain depending on how early you whammy. Figured I'd make a relatively no-squeeze path and you guys can take it from there. :p

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I don't really remember most of my paths (since I don't actually path things out except for in my head) but this one is pretty simple and it was good for a second place, just a few hundred off of first (which is held by Summ). My guess is that this is pretty close to being correct, but I don't know how squeezing would factor in since I can't squeeze Here's my path so you have something:

Santeria Expert Path
Fatsally93  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HylianHero wrote:
Mr. Crowley (Expert) path

Much better then mine. If you haven't already done this, please remove my path from the OP, it's awful.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 63, 64, 65  Next
Page 10 of 65

Jump to: