ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Kick Pedal Double-Hitting ALOT - I Think It's My Fault

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpellcasterX  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:10 am    Post subject: Kick Pedal Double-Hitting ALOT - I Think It's My Fault Reply with quote

Well I'm not a pro drummer by any means, nor have I ever played or really payed attention to a set of drums before, but I recently picked up my kit and I started immediately FCing on Hard with Auto-Kick on. The Red pad's sensitivity is a tad low, but it's nothing impairing and nothing a little cable won't fix, I'm sure. All the other pads are fine in my experience.

However, with Auto-Kick off, I've decided to tackle the pedal. I've FCd things that don't require constant use, but when I get to like, say, the Tool songs, or a Metallica song, I seem to overhit Every Single Time with the same pedal. I have a feeling I'm not using it the way I should. I AM hitting it at the right time.

I'm lifting my leg up and stamping down on the pedal when the game prompts me to. Is there a certain spot I should be aiming for, a certain technique I should be using, or even a certain all-around better pedal to prevent this? What's happening, I guess is my question.

Thanks in advance!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: SpellDX
Sanctified09  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm not sure if the world tour pedal is anything like the rockband pedal (i have it, i just haven't really examined it well yet...), but if so, it uses a magnet to cause each "hit" of the bass pedal... it could possibly just be picking up the magnetic pulse (wrong word?) twice when you hit it... possibly a malfunctioning pedal...

i'm by no means an expert on this subject, just a suggestion.... try doing easy/medium and use the same method you currently use and see if it works correctly... if it does, maybe you're missing by a hair on hard/expert....

also, try on easy/medium pressing it softer and see if that works...

hope that helps... goodluck
weee911  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:23 am    Post subject: Re: Kick Pedal Double-Hitting ALOT - I Think It's My Fault Reply with quote

SpellcasterX wrote:
Well I'm not a pro drummer by any means, nor have I ever played or really payed attention to a set of drums before, but I recently picked up my kit and I started immediately FCing on Hard with Auto-Kick on. The Red pad's sensitivity is a tad low, but it's nothing impairing and nothing a little cable won't fix, I'm sure. All the other pads are fine in my experience.

However, with Auto-Kick off, I've decided to tackle the pedal. I've FCd things that don't require constant use, but when I get to like, say, the Tool songs, or a Metallica song, I seem to overhit Every Single Time with the same pedal. I have a feeling I'm not using it the way I should. I AM hitting it at the right time.

I'm lifting my leg up and stamping down on the pedal when the game prompts me to. Is there a certain spot I should be aiming for, a certain technique I should be using, or even a certain all-around better pedal to prevent this? What's happening, I guess is my question.

Thanks in advance!

The WT drum pedal is kind of flimsy and it has some recoil, you can actually hear a second hit. Also, I would recommend getting the MIDI cable and calibrating your kick pedal, I had to turn the sensitivity down to prevent some double hits also. So, some double hits are real from weird pedal recoil, and some might be due to sensitivity issues, Get the MIDI cable (see hardware section for link)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys, but I'd like to clarify that my pedal works perfectly fine for individual hits, but for things that are faster, it nearly always overhits. Calibration is a good idea, but I'm wondering if maybe there's an appropriate technique for this, as I look like a suspect for the cause of the error here.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: SpellDX
ElementOfZero  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The WT kick pedal works on a piezo sensor like the other pads/cymbals (aka, vibration)

Take your drums sticks and play some beats on it to see what I mean.
[on the foot plate part, that is where your foot goes]

So, it could be that your hitting it too hard and when your foot comes up the spring sends it back with too much force causing two hits in one motion. (Quickly press it in then as fast as you can raise your foot. See if it double hits)

The Choice Is Yours, And Yours Alone. Silver Snakes 4 Life
My Accomplishment Thread! My Youtube, New Videos posted often
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: v Reincarnate v
italianator7  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElementOfZero wrote:
The WT kick pedal works on a piezo sensor like the other pads/cymbals (aka, vibration)

So, it could be that your hitting it too hard and when your foot comes up the spring sends it back with too much force causing two hits in one motion. (Quickly press it in then as fast as you can raise your foot. See if it double hits)

This. I had this problem for a few days, and the sensitivity program didn't fix it, so I figured out that placing a soft blanket over the sensor completely eliminated the double hits without losing sensitivity. You should see if that helps.
SpellcasterX  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

italianator7 wrote:
ElementOfZero wrote:

This. I had this problem for a few days, and the sensitivity program didn't fix it, so I figured out that placing a soft blanket over the sensor completely eliminated the double hits without losing sensitivity. You should see if that helps.

Like, a facecloth between the pedal and the censor?

Thanks so much for the replies you guys btw!! Yes, it does seem to be a sensitivity issue...you've been very helpful.
A-Dubz  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the World Tour pedal is way more touchy then the Rock Band one. I get a double kick sometimes but I know why, and how to stop it. The World Tour pedal is very springy and if you kick down with too much force it will bounce up slightly and touch down again for another hit. I find that if I barely lift my leg (kind of using my ankle as the axle), don't use too much force and make sure that I keep the pedal pressed down firmly with the front of my foot, it doesn't happen.
My Accomplishments Thread
KrazyFK  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, here's what I did, and it may seem strange and unusual, which it is, but I turned the pedal the other way round so the raised part is towards me. It NEVER double hits now, but it does hurt your leg a bit and makes it hard to pedal quickly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: