ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The Official GHWT SP Discussion Thread | READ UPDATED OP!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 63, 64, 65  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
flyingrossie  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jugular wrote:
Spiderwebs - Expert Path

2(+1) - 1st YO in measure 50 to 2nd O in measure 59 (double squeeze)
2 - First blue measure 96 to second Y in measure 103 (double squeeze)
2 - 2nd RB in measure 128 to 1st G in measure 132 (double squeeze)
2 - First Y in measure 149 to O in measure 153 (double squeeze)
2 - O sustain in measure 179 to final Y sustain (squeeze for ticks)

Estimated Score - 363,646

This score would be pretty ridiculous to pull off; you'd be lucky to get 363k. However if my calculations are correct you should be able to get 362k fairly easily.

Keep in mind that I rounded off the whammy for the last activation, so the final Y sustain may be a little difficult to get than what's charted.

My path should be removed from the op at the next update because this one is a lot better.
DT10  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK I showed the path for Stillborn (X) here.

It is using a combination of the two paths there (plus a little of my own) but I have done the calculations about ten million times and this combination is better than any of the first two alone.

BTW - the second activation is ridiculous (requires perfect whammy + 100% squeeze) and may not be possible. I am almost positive it is (in theory, at least) but there's definitely a chance that I'm wrong.

My Accomplishment Thread
GHWT Wii FC: 1762 5871 5881

Last edited by DT10 on Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Wii Friend Code: 515517205255
pman5595  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pashumba wrote:
pman5595 wrote:
Path for Hail to the Freaks:

2- ninth red, squeeze to the RYB sustain at the end of measure 34. Picks up one star power phrase along the way.
2- GY, squeeze to fifth RY in measure 64
1- tenth RY in the second star power phrase, squeeze to RYB sustain at the end of measure 111. Picks up two star power phrases along the way.

It would be wonderful if somebody with Microsoft Paint could make a visual for this. I'm on a Mac.

i'll cover this one, should only take a few minutes, i'll post back after it's uploaded

edit: visual posted here: pman5595's Hail To The Freaks path

used undead's method for charting paths because it's sexy and i love it

Thanks a TON. Just letting people know, the last two activations are double squeezes and are quite difficult.

Proud Social Liberal. What are you? Post your result in your signature. Genius, genius, and genius.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
jugular  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyingrossie wrote:
jugular wrote:
Spiderwebs - Expert Path

2(+1) - 1st YO in measure 50 to 2nd O in measure 59 (double squeeze)
2 - First blue measure 96 to second Y in measure 103 (double squeeze)
2 - 2nd RB in measure 128 to 1st G in measure 132 (double squeeze)
2 - First Y in measure 149 to O in measure 153 (double squeeze)
2 - O sustain in measure 179 to final Y sustain (squeeze for ticks)

Estimated Score - 363,646

This score would be pretty ridiculous to pull off; you'd be lucky to get 363k. However if my calculations are correct you should be able to get 362k fairly easily.

Keep in mind that I rounded off the whammy for the last activation, so the final Y sustain may be a little difficult to get than what's charted.

My path should be removed from the op at the next update because this one is a lot better.

Actually Piso was right, my estimated score is incorrect. I triple checked my activations and the amount of points you should obtain from them were all correct, so there's definitely something wrong with the base score in the blank chart.

I actually just FC'd this with a new path similar to my first one and grabbed 357,200 (somehow dropped a red sustain so it should've been 400-500 >_>), so my path woul dprobably only be able to get you around 358k or so with double squeezes.
My YouTube Channel: Jugulaur

Last edited by jugular on Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Whitt333  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone have a path for "Another Way To Die"? I thought I had the path, but apparently someone beat it by 2k. (I only missed ticks on my path, got all the squeezes)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I forgot to mention, my Hail to the Freaks path will get about 265,0xx with the double squeezes, about a thousand higher than the top score.

Proud Social Liberal. What are you? Post your result in your signature. Genius, genius, and genius.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
ElementOfZero  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="pman5595"]
Keithfert488 wrote:
pman5595 wrote:
HellnFire666 wrote:
WALL OF TEXT ABOUT WHAMMYING

No if you have three phrases with three beats of whammy combined you get

6 measures from the phrases themselves + (3 x 8/31)

In this example you get about 6.77 measures. Now if it is in 4/4 time you would get 27 beats out of this. But in 2/4 time, you would only get 13.5 beats out of it.
I'm pretty sure whammy is measured in beats so the 8/31 thing would only calculate the right amount of measures in 4/4 time.

Yeah, you get half that for 2/4 time.
I've been using the charts total SP from whammying * .258 = extra measures in my paths. They've all worked perfect. And for On The Road Again, divide that number of measure by two.

Also, in Stranglehold has a 2/4 measure in the last activation to consider, so you have to be on the look out for those.. Damn Undead for having almost the exact same path

The Choice Is Yours, And Yours Alone. Silver Snakes 4 Life
My Accomplishment Thread! My Youtube, New Videos posted often
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: v Reincarnate v
pman5595  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="ElementOfZero"]
pman5595 wrote:
Keithfert488 wrote:
pman5595 wrote:
HellnFire666 wrote:
WALL OF TEXT ABOUT WHAMMYING

No if you have three phrases with three beats of whammy combined you get

6 measures from the phrases themselves + (3 x 8/31)

In this example you get about 6.77 measures. Now if it is in 4/4 time you would get 27 beats out of this. But in 2/4 time, you would only get 13.5 beats out of it.
I'm pretty sure whammy is measured in beats so the 8/31 thing would only calculate the right amount of measures in 4/4 time.

Yeah, you get half that for 2/4 time.
I've been using the charts total SP from whammying * .258 = extra measures in my paths. They've all worked perfect. And for On The Road Again, divide that number of measure by two.

Also, in Stranglehold has a 2/4 measure in the last activation to consider, so you have to be on the look out for those.. Damn Undead for having almost the exact same path

you messed up the quoting. Keithfert said what you had me saying. I didn't say anything that's there. (except maybe the "WALL OF TEXT ABOUT WHAMMYING"? that might be me)

PieGuy  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jugular wrote:
I triple checked my activations and the amount of points you should obtain from them were all correct, so there's definitely something wrong with the base score in the blank chart.
It's because of all the extended sustains - the charts count extended sustains as two (or three or four) separate sustains and scores them all separately, leading to a higher base score than should be.
jugular  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Float On - Expert Path

2 - 4th RO in measure 13 to YO sustain in measure 18 (squeeze)
3(+1) - First YB in measure 40 to second Y in measure 49 (double squeeze)
3 - First G in measure 76 to last Y in measure 82

Estimated Score: 215,425

After checking Deepfreeze's video of his 213k score, I saw that we had the same path except he was missing about 800 points on his first activation which didn't require any squeezing. That second squeeze seems near impossible, and I don't think you'd be able to keep the R sustain going if you were trying to hit the note that early, so keep that in mind if you wish to go for that squeeze.

PieGuy wrote:
jugular wrote:
I triple checked my activations and the amount of points you should obtain from them were all correct, so there's definitely something wrong with the base score in the blank chart.
It's because of all the extended sustains - the charts count extended sustains as two (or three or four) separate sustains and scores them all separately, leading to a higher base score than should be.

Yeah you're right, I was looking at the path for schism, and I noticed the blank chart stated that your score should be 22,525 after the GY sustain, but in game I only had like 18,4xx.
ElementOfZero  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pman5595 wrote:

you messed up the quoting. Keithfert said what you had me saying. I didn't say anything that's there. (except maybe the "WALL OF TEXT ABOUT WHAMMYING"? that might be me)

Lol irony. Anyway, comment still stands. But, I've noticed some weird shit that goes on with the sustains in On The Road Again.

And Jugular, I got 213.5k with the path starting at the triple . Looks like I missed a good 1200+ with that. Also, probably missed 200 in second activation, but I'm positive I got third. Dont know where the other 200 is. I'll try your path later tonight.

fifth edit: nevermind, 1600 on first activation. Wow.

just got 214014. Missed 400 in first, and 200 in second. I'm not sure if that second yellow is possible. Also, dropped a long sustain, which could have cost me 200. So thats 2148xx. Which is first place.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: v Reincarnate v
jugular  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElementOfZero wrote:

And Jugular, I got 213.5k with the path starting at the triple . Looks like I missed a good 1200+ with that. Also, probably missed 200 in second activation, but I'm positive I got third. Dont know where the other 200 is. I'll try your path later tonight.

fifth edit: nevermind, 1600 on first activation. Wow. So I guess I did get that Sustain + note squeeze in the second. It is possible.

just got 214014. Missed 400 in first, and 200 in second. I'm not sure if that second yellow is possible. Also, dropped a long sustain, which could have cost me 200. So thats 2148xx. Which is first place.

Yeah I did the math and you'd miss 1150 points by activating there instead of my activation spot. The second activation is really the only big squeeze, the last activation should end right on the last yellow with, if not none, little squeezing involved.

I also made a path for Ramblin Man, and I'm 99% sure this is optimal.

Ramblin' Man - Expert Path

3 - 1st RB in measure 47 to 1st R in measure 54 (squeeze)
2 - 3rd RY in measure 89 to 4th RY in measure 93 (squeeze; not quite a double squeeze)
3 - 3rd Y in measure 157 to 2nd R in measure 165 (double squeeze)
1(+1) - B in measure 203 to 2nd R in measure 209 (double squeeze)

Estimated Score: 352,495

The first two squeezes are actually quite same, the second activation is only slightly harder than the first. However they are NOTHING compared to the last two double squeezes, squeezing HOPO's is always lame
ElementOfZero  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're Gonna Say Yeah! Path

Optimized Unimportant's with some slight shifting.

It got me 5th place under Piso.

And Jugular, Have you confirmed thats where it ends by playing? Mine always ends at the orange and I whammy the shit out of everything.

PieGuy  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElementOfZero:

Second activation should start on the third RYB of m47 and last to the last GYB of m52.

Third activation can start 3 notes sooner and end where you have it marked.

Fourth activation looks like it can start a note sooner and still get that RYB.

Fifth can start on the GR in m121 and last to the RB.
jugular  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElementOfZero wrote:

You're Gonna Say Yeah! Path

Optimized Unimportant's with some slight shifting.

It got me 5th place under Piso.

And Jugular, Have you confirmed thats where it ends by playing? Mine always ends at the orange and I whammy the shit out of everything.

Yeah I just played it awhile ago and got 214,107 (-800 in first act., lulz), and I noticed that I just missed the O while under SP, so I think it's safe to say the squeeze to the Y is impossble. The first activation still seems possible though, I had bad whammyand just missed the YB chord under SP, so the score should be around 215,245 now without the impossible Y.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 63, 64, 65  Next
Page 42 of 65

Jump to: