ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Why are there no good WT drums players?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpellcasterX  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Briane wrote:
I think a lot of people, drummers that is, enjoy RB more and feel that's where the real competitive atmosphere is?

I haven't touched WT in almost 2 weeks, back to RB1/RB2 trying to improve scores.

Gimped ION support in GHWT, OD actitivation, Y/R mapping, and an absolutely shitty interface don't make the game as fun as RB for me.

Also the timing window was making me sloppy. Playing BYOB on the different games is night and day. RB is a lot tighter.

I'm just enjoying RB2 and me existing 300ish song collection more I guess?

I might go back to GHWT after I feel I've maxed out my RB2 scores, but right now there's nothing pulling me towards it.

Off Topic: I'm tired of people saying "more songs equals more win" if Konami makes a 600 song "Britney Spears: World Tour" game, does that make THAT the better game? I'm gonna make a rant thread about this.

On Topic: The drummers who have bred so far have grown accustomed to Rock Band's features and prefer it. Lots of pro WT drummers are brewing now, but you can't expect them to dominate overnight. Give them time to improve, and then you'll see some score domination.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: SpellDX
Briane  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpellcasterX wrote:
Briane wrote:
I think a lot of people, drummers that is, enjoy RB more and feel that's where the real competitive atmosphere is?

I haven't touched WT in almost 2 weeks, back to RB1/RB2 trying to improve scores.

Gimped ION support in GHWT, OD actitivation, Y/R mapping, and an absolutely shitty interface don't make the game as fun as RB for me.

Also the timing window was making me sloppy. Playing BYOB on the different games is night and day. RB is a lot tighter.

I'm just enjoying RB2 and me existing 300ish song collection more I guess?

I might go back to GHWT after I feel I've maxed out my RB2 scores, but right now there's nothing pulling me towards it.

Off Topic: I'm tired of people saying "more songs equals more win" if Konami makes a 600 song "Britney Spears: World Tour" game, does that make THAT the better game? I'm gonna make a rant thread about this.

On Topic: The drummers who have bred so far have grown accustomed to Rock Band's features and prefer it. Lots of pro WT drummers are brewing now, but you can't expect them to dominate overnight. Give them time to improve, and then you'll see some score domination.

More doesn't equal win, I didn't say that, but having assloads of GOOD DLC plus solid on disc songs does equal win. Not every RB song is good, there are probably 200+ songs I have no interest in, but the ratio of good songs in RB+RB2+DLC > GHWT by probably 5:1? It's quantity of quality, not just quantity like that shitty Rock Revolution game.

There are so many good songs in RB, people will never get bored of the content at the rate they release new stuff.
TheRaw  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well honestly, it seems that there aren't too many good Expert Drummers posting scores. I know PS2 isn't popular but I'm still surprised to see myself holding 2nd place. Maybe we just need to give it some more time and people will begin to try harder and post scores.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We should have a new leader by the end of the week ;)
CSL10137  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this one guy, JASON OBLIVION, he does pretty good.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Lombardi10137
wambafat  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trogdon wrote:
I imagine the switching up is harder. 4 pads on equal levels are a lot easier to hit then 5 pads with 2 higher. and the extra 15 points per hard hit note aren't exactly shooting you very far ahead...

wut....
Scream aim fire's red to green roll on drums. On my ion's, thats seriously like 1.5x the distance for me to move my arms instantly then it would be on a WT set.
wambafat  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Briane"]I

quote]

The timing window I think is a big deterent for the more... competitive... drummers to play on WT. I can honestly play a RY-Y as Y-R-Y (if that makes any sense) on the WT engine.
Colgrave  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm getting there, practice makes perfect. And hopefully I become perfect pretty soon.
jerock  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I now own the game for a week, and the lack of score-inputters makes me feel awesome, because i am 9th on expert. I think i can rock pretty good in GHWT. In hard it's really easy to beat most scores, except my score on scream aim fire.. I think a LOT of people play on RB kits, hence the lack of WT-scores. I don't care! it gives me a higher ranking lol.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

why are there no good WT drummers? because i don't have the game yet :P
haha i would say because more people that play rock band 2 are more focused on drums then the people who are playing GUITAR hero, but I for one am really excited to pick up the WT drums and play them.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would consider myself pretty good at WT drums, considering I 5-starred BYOB. I just haven't had the time or effort to post any of my other scores.
ABee1010  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm getting better, but I don't bother to post scores on scorehero. Too much effort for my lazy ass when they are already posted automatically on the GH website. I would compare your scores to the leaderboards on the GH site to get a more accurate idea of how you stack up against the competition...
anonymous_104  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post has been deleted.
ElementOfZero  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Azurite wrote:
Here is more than likely the reason why people are "getting smoked" and not having that high of scores:

http://www.azuritereaction.com/2008/12/06/getting-huge-score-gaps-on-ghwt

Exactly what I've been doing since day 1...

Mostly, there's no real competition since no one is inputting all their scores. I've only played through some songs once for career, now I'm picking and choosing 1 at a time (Because I don't have time to play until winter break) and even then, it's better just to concentrate on 1 song until it's done. Now, with practice and time there's only a few that I don't think I can FC that others on RBkit will/or have (I haven't looked at scores) but give it time. I'm sure others after Xmas will have the game and start climbing the ranks giving us incentives to play. (I'm rank 20 with about 30 scores entered.)

Quote:
wut....
Scream aim fire's red to green roll on drums. On my ion's, thats seriously like 1.5x the distance for me to move my arms instantly then it would be on a WT set.

And yet still 1/2 the distance on a real kit. Can't you adjust the pads on the ION?

The Choice Is Yours, And Yours Alone. Silver Snakes 4 Life
My Accomplishment Thread! My Youtube, New Videos posted often
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: v Reincarnate v
omgChezMix  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kinda treat playing on the World Tour kit like squeezing. I'll FC and path out stuff first on the RB kit, and then redo the song on WT kit with a much better path to get more points. But yeah, there are some songs like beautiful disaster where you can get like 30K more points on the WT kit. It's pretty ridiculous.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: