ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
GH1 Star power help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KennedyKills  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:42 pm    Post subject: GH1 Star power help Reply with quote

Ok I'm not sure if this has been discussed a lot but I have problems doing instant activations on GH1, it seems like the star power doesn't react right away when you do a 2 phrase instant activation.. if I do a 3 phrase or already have seen the Star power ready message, it goes off fine.. help plox?

I use select and tilt depending on the activation, so don't just say use select lol

GH2>all
Dynasty99  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

in general, you have to wait until you actually have star power to tilt in GH1 I find, unlike in any of the others where you can tilt ahead of time. Select always works in any circumstance though if you want more reliability
KennedyKills  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dynasty99 wrote:
in general, you have to wait until you actually have star power to tilt in GH1 I find, unlike in any of the others where you can tilt ahead of time. Select always works in any circumstance though if you want more reliability

I must just be retarded then, the song I'm having problems with this on is CFH, there's 2 C2 instant activations in the solo(for reference: http://bradleyzoo.com/GuitarHero/gh-ps2/hard/cowboysfromhell.no-squeeze.best.png) I can get the first one byunder-whammying but the second one I'm always a few beats off because I can't get it to start at the right time

So basically I just need to play with it and make sure to use select?

GH2>all
zsjostrom35  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In GH1, there is actually a slight delay between when you first gain an activation and when you can use the star power. The generated paths on bradleyzoo don't take this into account, so there may be some activations that are actually impossible to execute. The CfH ones aren't, though; check out this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7aOABkmqnI. Compare the activations he does at 2:40 and 2:56 (C2 activations with slight delay) with the one he does at 3:15 (C3 activation immediately). You should probably try to hit the last note of the star power phrases early (so you can activate sooner) and try to hit the first note of the next star power phrase late (so you don't overrun it).

By the way, I got that information on the delay from Absolutely Everything You Need to Know about Squeezing. It's a great resource for SP questions.
Téa: (Thinking) Look at him undressing me with his eyes! I wonder what he's thinking...
Yami: (Thinking) MAN, I hate milkshakes! (Squeezes milkshake cup) Die, milkshake, die! That's right, milkshake: you have been defeated! Now you go to milkshake prison!
My guides: BIF 5* | Most Impulsive Expert Guide Ever | Guide to Writing Guides | NfMH 5* | Practice Mode | My Curse FC | GH3 Co-op Squeezing
Proud Christian
tornintwo  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed this happens a few times. It happened on those CfH activations, as well as the ILR&R immediate activation, and also sometimes on the 2nd last FotW activation where you activate directly after you hit the chord. I use select on those and I don't know how to explain why it happens. I think its just a delay in the game, so I just reduce my amount of whammy that I get on CfH and it fixes the problem. That's probably the simplest, but worst way to do it though.

Warnar wrote:
The elitists attack! Everybody run away!
Kubuh  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing with this is that you can't activate until you actually have a half bar filled up. And since it doesn't fill it up instantly like in the other games (I have no idea how long the delay actually is) you have to wait for a short ´time. The was I do it is that I look at the SP bar and hit select as soon as I get half a bar..

Also. The close to a half bar you are (Whammy etc) the shorter the delay will be.

Hope this clears it up a bit
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: