ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Fast repeated notes (2 or more different kind of notes)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pyrza  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 10:14 pm    Post subject: Fast repeated notes (2 or more different kind of notes) Reply with quote

Hopefully i didn't open unnecessary thread.. Anyway, i have problems with these kind of notes (fast ones). For example these are in Assassin, hard:

.... or something like that.

I tried hit yellow with both hands, but then i can't get reds. And I can't get all yellows if i play yellows with one hand.
Megabert  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reds are always lined up with the right hand (as far as I can tell) as long as you start the fast notes (or 16th hats and they're called) with your right hand. If you really have trouble getting your right hand under the yellow (or over your left hand on the RB kits), start it with your left hand. It'll feel awkward, but it'll make the snare hits easier to reach for.

g0dly  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah you have to get used to using one of your hands to hit red while staying in rhythem. its easy when you figure it out, assassin is hard though i would play ramblin man on hard if you arent used to doing that.
hydrapower  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Megabert wrote:
The reds are always lined up with the right hand (as far as I can tell) as long as you start the fast notes (or 16th hats and they're called) with your right hand. If you really have trouble getting your right hand under the yellow (or over your left hand on the RB kits), start it with your left hand. It'll feel awkward, but it'll make the snare hits easier to reach for.

Assassin is different than how it is listed there in the OP. It is actually best to hit the two yellows right before those reds as LLR, in other words ...RLRLLRLLR. Other reds (and the orange) can be hit with your right hand.

It requires some practice, it's best to take it into practice mode and start off really slow.

Other songs like Crazy Train and Everlong have the reds lined up with the right hand every time.

Now Available in e-book format! Book 1 Book 2
Otharia - Science Fiction/Fantasy from some aspiring writers, check it out! Updates weekly!
ElementOfZero  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I definitely use a ton of double-strokes on this song. Sometimes, I'll start/end with one, other times I'll just use my right or left for the entirety

The Choice Is Yours, And Yours Alone. Silver Snakes 4 Life
My Accomplishment Thread! My Youtube, New Videos posted often
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: v Reincarnate v
g0dly  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

instead of double hitting, you can use your left on red for the first half, then when there is a red and 2 yellows followed by a red switch to hitting red with your right.
Megabert  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hydrapower wrote:
Megabert wrote:

Assassin is different than how it is listed there in the OP. It is actually best to hit the two yellows right before those reds as LLR, in other words ...RLRLLRLLR. Other reds (and the orange) can be hit with your right hand.

It requires some practice, it's best to take it into practice mode and start off really slow.

Other songs like Crazy Train and Everlong have the reds lined up with the right hand every time.

My mistake. I haven't played Assassin yet (and probably won't be playing it on hard).

hydrapower  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Megabert wrote:

My mistake. I haven't played Assassin yet (and probably won't be playing it on hard).

Actually the hi-hat pattern is the same as it is on Expert, they just take out the bass pedal (like that's the problem ).

Now Available in e-book format! Book 1 Book 2
Otharia - Science Fiction/Fantasy from some aspiring writers, check it out! Updates weekly!
CaLKuLuZ  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

heres a video of a guy doing it like i do hes not all THAT good but he has perfect stickinghttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO_nFqMAMoQ

watch in high quality
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: