ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Tournament Guitar Hero
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which is better for Guitar Hero Head-to-Head competition?
Two separate players on separate T.V.'s in Single Player?
97%
 97%  [ 34 ]
Multiplayer?
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 35

dspoonrt  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was in a tournament today at Best Buy. I won it by the way (pictures and comments to be posted in the accomplishments forum). We picked two songs and the guy running the tournament picked one song that everyone had to do (Cowboys From Hell for Expert by the way). Everyone played their three songs and then a panel of judges decided who was best based on score, accuracy, and showmanship.

The way they ran it and judged it was pretty bad. I can't really complain since I won, but it really didn't seem all too fair - much more subjective than necessary. Also, we played on a 60" plasma with too much lag. It made things a lot harder than they should be. Even further, letting everyone do three songs made it take forever (6 hours for Easy, Medium, and Expert brackets). Just thought I'd comment on this way of arranging a tournament and say that the way you describe sounds a lot better. Good luck to you.

"Power Surge," "Funk You," "Grindsaw Groove," and "DisorderlyConduct"
- all charted by dspoonrt

joker  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm all for two tv screens, but if i could add an option...personally i like my super-secret online multiplayer option that was given to me by a guitar god that descended to my living room. i now play with another guitarist in poland, a bassist in alaska, and a drummer in zaire (all these instruments have been added by the god)

that would be my choice. the standard multiplayer lacks some gusto.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing that I don't like about a third-party picking a song is that they can be biased in a way. It takes away the randomness. Such as, I can't play Cowboys from Hell if my life depended on it, but yet, I've 5-starred over 40 of the songs in the game...... If he picked that one song as a deciding factor, then it would be unfair. I know a few guys who will continuously play one song over and over until they are good at that song, but they can't do any other song to save their life either. I think randomness is totally necessary for tie-breakers, etc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: