ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Deathbloom51's (midi) Music Factory & BTBAM bass cover!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deathblooms51  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:46 am    Post subject: Deathbloom51's (midi) Music Factory & BTBAM bass cover!! Reply with quote

So, I was contacted by a great guitarist in my city, and he offered me a bass spot in this new Prog Metal group he's forming (The drummer we've got is from a band currently signed to Tribunal Records, he's a beast.), but the greatest part is he's offering to let me try my hand at composing some songs, so I've decided I should post them here for people to hear, as I'd really appreciate the criticism.

For now everything is going to be in .mid/.midi form as we're not recording for awhile, but once we do record I'll be sure to post it here if you guys are interested.

Currently Writing:

Song I - Don't have much to say on this one, but the next thing I see in the song is a piano/synth breakdown where the tempo drops a bit.

Finished Songs:

XXI - This one is a very minimalistic guitar song I wrote for my one man band project I'm doing sometime in the near future.
Md7 - Just a little something I wrote a long time ago in the vein of Mastodon, I guess I could probably include this in my one man band project too.
Unnamed Song - A song I wrote with the guitarist a couple years ago.
Unnamed Song 2 - Another song I wrote with the guitarist a couple years ago, pretty heavy stuff.

Low Priority:

Does My Fist Taste Good? - This one goes along with XXI on my one man band project, but I can't figure out how to change the main riff, so I've put it on the back burner till an idea comes to me.

Bass Covers!

Prequel to the Sequel - bass cover, I took out Dan Briggs bass track and recorded my own rendition of it, if anyone is interested in seeing the tabs, let me know, I tabbed it myself.

So, check it out and let me know what you think, obviously they're going to sound funny, being midis.

Cheers.

Last edited by Deathblooms51 on Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:31 pm; edited 18 times in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: deathblooms51
lun471k  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey dude, Nice work there.

But here is my opinion:
Dropped the bomb is kinda nice, but you should change the pitch, the beat gravity a little bit, to make it sound like a techno trance or something like that.

I like "The Project", it's more a Shredding than a song tho, I just can't stop thinking about you headbanging on that song
Deathblooms51  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lun471k wrote:
Hey dude, Nice work there.

But here is my opinion:
Dropped the bomb is kinda nice, but you should change the pitch, the beat gravity a little bit, to make it sound like a techno trance or something like that.

I like "The Project", it's more a Shredding than a song tho, I just can't stop thinking about you headbanging on that song
Thanks for the kind words!

I wish I could re-do Dropped The Bomb (well actually I think I'm going to be changing the name too), but my computer crashed and I had to format my C: drive, and that had the original file for the song, so now all I have is the mp3.

Oh and The Project was just something I threw together improv'd, I was messing around with my sound card effects and it had this Test drum beat, and I kept playing around with it, so I just threw together a clone of the beat and recorded that, lol.

Last edited by Deathblooms51 on Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:34 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: deathblooms51
GesterX  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some really quality stuff there. WIth your new track (1) I would suggest bringing in something really bassy half way through to mix things up. And maybe even add a short pause, followed by a symbol crash, and then bring back in the mian beat.

Out of interest how do you do this stuff? Is it a mixing program or do you own decks?
Deathblooms51  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GesterX wrote:
Some really quality stuff there. WIth your new track (1) I would suggest bringing in something really bassy half way through to mix things up. And maybe even add a short pause, followed by a symbol crash, and then bring back in the mian beat.

Out of interest how do you do this stuff? Is it a mixing program or do you own decks?
FL Studio 8 and various other plug-ins.

The instruments are done by me, and hopefully I can record something with my real drums soon.

Thanks for the advice, I know exactly what you mean too.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump for new format, new song, and new songs to be posted if anyone shows interest in hearing more.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: