ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
gh3 freezes on pc

View previous topic :: View next topic  
asutch  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:52 pm    Post subject: gh3 freezes on pc Reply with quote

hi problem is my wifes comp freeze while playing gh3 or aerosmith.just for a second then speeds up momentarily to catch back up.it does it usually on longer songs when it is playing its smooth she uses the dashboard upgrade to improve performance but doesnt really help.ive tried the control panel that gives you the black screen so all you see is the fret.it did the same thing.she shuts down all unnessasary programs.dont know what else to try
asus a8v deluxe
2g/corsiar dual channel
amd 64 3800+ single
7800gs oc 256g
xfi gamer
pc power+cooling psu
xp home
damienjam  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need more RAM and a better video card, to be honest with you. Faster processor wouldn't hurt either. The system req's for GH3 on PC are ridiculously high.
Hapaha  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On Aerosmith, set your resolution to the lowest possible, turn all the graphics settings to the lowest possible, and turn on "front row camera."

With all settings low and front row camera, you should be able to play in Max's Kansas City lag-free, at least.
ShaneEEEE  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had this same problem and it became incredibly annoying, I searched and searched to try and find a solution but kept coming up empty.

I have a legitimate copy of GH3, that I bought at Christmas, and my solution to fix this problem was to download the nocd patch.

The reason why I think this fixes the problem is this: It prevents the game from accessing the cd in the rom drive, and some older machines freeze up for a few seconds while accessing the drive. If GH3 tries to access the drive in game play after the CD has spun down, then it will cause a momentary pause of the game resulting in the problem explained in this thread.

I suggest you try and download the NOCD patch from megagames.com
Link: http://megagames.com/cgi/download/download.cgi?action=search&category=cracks&search=GUITAR.HERO.3.LOR.V1.3.ENG.BATTERY.NOCD.ZIP

Download that file above, extract the exe into your guitar hero folder (back up the existing file first) and then run the game from the control panel and see what happens. It fixed the problem for me =]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: