ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Rate the Final Fantasy series in your opinion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SilverSwift  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably.

I haven't properly played any of the older ones ('cept a bit of FF6...but not enough to judge it), so my list is only a few.

FF7: Quality game (my first ever PS1 game), good characters and a fairly absorbing story. Great materia system, battle system was fun, and a cool villain to boot. A nice combination, albeit a tad easy when you revisit it now. 9/10.

FF8: Again, good fun, and the story grabbed me a little more than FF7's. I thought the Squall/Rinoa stuff was cool, though it loses points for the ridiculous time compression storyline...plus the lack of a really decent antagonist. Decent graphics, and loved the GF/junction system. 8/10.

FF9: Blech, a bit up and down. Shallow main character, plus a storyline that seemed slightly...odd for me. However, the locations and scenes were memorable, and Kuja was brilliant. The weapon/ability system also rocked, so it levelled out the major faults for me, nicely. 7/10.

FF10: Loved this, perhaps due to the introduction of voice acting...even if some of it was terrible. Loved Spira (Macalania Woods, Calm Lands, Besaid, Zanarkand...so many memorable places), and the sphere grid was manically fun, and addicting. The monster arena added life after completion, and the story was fairly cool, too. 9/10.

FF12: I must say, I've had this for a few weeks, and I've only clocked up a few hours. As much as I like the idea of marks, and the lack of random encounters, I don't like micro-managing...and whilst I know you don't have to, I always feel compelled to with that kind of battle system. The story is also average thus far...needs more time, but so far, it's main plus point is the awesome graphics. 7/10.

FFT: Hands down, the best game in the series, if you want to count it. I like political intrigue and such with my storylines (hence why me disliking FF12 is odd), and the battle system was extremely fun. Add in vast customisation, Delita, and a myriad of plot twists and extra things to do, and you have a tactical RPG up there with Tactics Ogre. Graphics are also function, for it's time. All-around awesome. 10/10.

This is just my opinion, and I'm probably wrong. I do like the FF series, though I prefer Star Ocean and Xenosaga overall, and I hope they keep making decent titles for the next-gen consoles to come.

emptyset wrote:
I should ban you all and never look back.
xZacGx  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 4:54 am    Post subject: FF series roks Reply with quote

i'm a final fantasy freak dude i give on a 1-10 scale a 10 to all final fantasy games...call me what u will but i will pwn u in a ff battle if it was possible
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: