2. US Government
3. Chemistry
4. Statistics
5. Literature and Composition
6. Latin Vergil
NimbleTerror  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheedie101 wrote:
Am I the only one taking the AP Microeconomics and AP Macroeconomics exams? From what I hear they are two of the easiest ones, along with Statistics, which I'm also taking.

Statistics is in like 1 week

Those two are extremely easy. Statistics isn't really THAT easy, some of the Free Response questions can be killer specifically the ones that you have to explain what kind of data collection method to use and why.
CleverTangent  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty much screwed for Physics B. I should get a 5 on the Calculus BC exam (or else I'll be pissed), and I'll do well on Computer Science A.

US History, though... that's going to be all over the place for me. I got a 4 on the AP World History exam last year without studying/knowing much of anything, somehow. (Probably because the DBQ was incredibly easy last year.)

geome wrote:
4.Latin Poetry

Ouch, that's a rough one. I've heard horror stories about the cold translation FRQs.

AgreenPastel wrote:
It has to be higher though than the Physics B test from last year.

Hardest effing test I have ever taken in my life.

GuitarGeek08  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah, that was the DBQ on the Olympics.....

I get to sit through AP US History exam (hopefully its more of a challenge than the class...)

I Don't Suck at GH
Xpertlefty13 quoting me in his Acc Thread wrote:
Honestly, thank you

This is the first real, well thought-out explanation I've seen
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
krisdaschwab912  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarGeek08 wrote:

I get to sit through AP US History exam (hopefully its more of a challenge than the class...)

Again, my APUSH class was fucking hard. My teacher prepared us for anything. He basically told us what would be on it from looking at the previous tests, and he has this spreadsheet about trends from the "AP Gods." You may be in for a harder time than you're expecting.
CleverTangent  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

krisdaschwab912 wrote:
GuitarGeek08 wrote:

Again, my APUSH class was fucking hard. My teacher prepared us for anything. He basically told us what would be on it from looking at the previous tests, and he has this spreadsheet about trends from the "AP Gods." You may be in for a harder time than you're expecting.

Ditto with my teacher. He's a Lt. Col. in the Marines, and his teaching style and class management reflect that.
reikonkeiri  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

taking AP Stats and AP Physics this year. expecting 3 and 5 respectively (i rarely payed attention in stats lol)
DarkKnight720  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ughh, I'm not looking forward to these. I'm taking the following;

This year: US Government/Politics, Comparative Government/Politics

Next year: US History, Psychology, maybe Economics.

NimbleTerror  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarkKnight720 wrote:

Economics is an amazing class. Totally worth it. It really changed my whole perspective on everything.
DarkKnight720  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NimbleTerror wrote:
DarkKnight720 wrote:

Economics is an amazing class. Totally worth it. It really changed my whole perspective on everything.

Really? The teacher at my school for Econ is my current AP Gov/Politics teacher. He's an amazing teacher but he gives so much work. I was thinking on just studying for it by myself (books and such). Does anyone care to convince me otherwise? I would gladly take his Econ class, but writing another 20 page paper after 4 of them this year would just kill me. It wouldn't be hard, but I actually want a social life for my senior year

NimbleTerror  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarkKnight720 wrote:
NimbleTerror wrote:
DarkKnight720 wrote:

Really? The teacher at my school for Econ is my current AP Gov/Politics teacher. He's an amazing teacher but he gives so much work. I was thinking on just studying for it by myself (books and such). Does anyone care to convince me otherwise? I would gladly take his Econ class, but writing another 20 page paper after 4 of them this year would just kill me. It wouldn't be hard, but I actually want a social life for my senior year

Any econ teacher that would require a 20 page paper wouldn't be a very good econ teacher. The econ AP test is all about efficiency and literally every Free response question on it can be answered in two sentences or less. If you're good at learning from a book, that might be a good option but I definitely suggest learning economics.
BA142  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took two last year, AP Comp and AP U.S history.

respectively got a 4 and a 3. Kinda shitty but w/e my apush teacher was terrible. most of the class got 1's and 2's.

I'm taking the AP physics test this year, shouldn't be too bad.
sorasgoof  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CleverTangent wrote:
I'm pretty much screwed for Physics B. I should get a 5 on the Calculus BC exam (or else I'll be pissed), and I'll do well on Computer Science A.

US History, though... that's going to be all over the place for me. I got a 4 on the AP World History exam last year without studying/knowing much of anything, somehow. (Probably because the DBQ was incredibly easy last year.)

I had that DBQ on my practice AP test. I got a 9.

I can't remember if I said this already in this thread, but I was three points away from the 5, and this is before any studying of any kind. I think I'll be fine.

Check out my Youtube channel!
We have a Dead Space 2 Hardcore run coming out very shortly, an ongoing Portal Let's Play, an ongoing Super Mario RPG Let's Play, AND a Max Payne Let's Play in the works. Be a hipster! Follow Full Grown Gaming before most people do!
Kegermann  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last year I took Physics B, BC Calc, Micro&Macroeconomics, and English Language and got a 5 on all of them except a 3 on English- my writing is pretty mediocre . This year I'm taking Physics C- both Mechanics and E&M, Stats, Am. Gov, and Spanish Language.
Predictions for this year:
Physics C- 5 on both sections; I've worked my ass off in this class
Stats- 5; Definitely one of the easier AP classes in terms of material
Am. Gov- 4; This is a one semester AP course at my school and I had it first semester so the material isn't very fresh in my mind.
Spanish- 4; I'm very solid at the writing and listening, but I get nervous with the speaking so I think it will depend on what kind of prompt we get.

At Northwestern, I need 5's on the physics and gov exams to get credit and 4's or 5's in Spanish and Stats for credit (although a 5 in Spanish gets 2 units of credit instead of just 1 unit for a 4).
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: MKegermann PSN Name: Kegermann
TheAthleticsCap  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AP Classes = fun...

I, being a fairly big procrastinator/lazy person, rarely do homework or study. As a sophomore last year, I took the BC Calc and Chem AP Tests (my homework grade in Chem was 12%), and came out of them thinking two different things: For Calculus BC, it felt like a joke, and I got a 5. For Chem, my practice AP tests were around 60-70% on the MC section, and very varied on FR, and after the test I felt as if I could've gotten a 2, 3, or 4. Luckily, I got a 3. All I can say is know your elements and their properties in reactions...

This year, I'm totally screwed. APUSH, Physics B, English Comp., and Spanish. Hoping for 3-4-3-4, respectively. Overall, taking practice AP tests helps A LOT, especially when you go over them to see a projected score.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger PSN Name: TheAthleticsCap
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 3 of 16

Jump to: