ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Hardest Games Ever
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Box2  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

glenthemann wrote:
either im just really good at the game, but I really dont think CoD4 belongs so high in that list

it shouldn't be on the list at all

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Pet the Possum
Beauregard  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CorpusCollosum wrote:

Heh heh. Ahhh, good ol' Battletoads...

As a proud victor (only recently I busted out my NES and beat this fucker), I will confidently say this is the hardest game I've ever played, and will probably ever play. It's really no secret why it makes every single site/critic/gamer's list, and usually near the top... I'm actually laughing as I write this post thinking of the absurdity of the necessary trial-and-error and memorization to complete some of the levels. Jesus Christ...

I'm not normally one to call BS ... but last week i went through it on an emulator(i have the cartridge), save stating my ass off and I bet i still died over 1500 times.

^that motherfucker right there is impossible. I used a save state after every time i got a chance to hit him, and even then i would die and reload maybe 10 times before i would hit him again.

With only 3 continues and without using a gamegenie for infinite lives. I don't believe the game is possible to beat, by anyone.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strykerx wrote:
If they're putting a Mega Man up there, make it the original game or Mega Man and Bass, the Japanese version.

Ugh, I had forgot about that game until just now. I remember playing it on an emulator ~10 years ago-ish and chucking my Sidwinder down the hallway out of frustration. I don't think it was as hard as Battletoads or some of the other games mentioned, but it deserves a spot on the list.

~Kyle~

Scorehero's #1 Chiefs fan and L4D2 player
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: samsa3
donrandall  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLrWwmnt2po&feature=channel_page THIS GAME

GuitarZero132  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

donrandall wrote:

IIRC the only thing in that game that doesn't try to kill you is the suspiciously spikey-looking grass. Also, the game isn't THAT hard. I mean if I can beat it, it must not be too hard, right?
Qarx  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarZero132 wrote:
donrandall wrote:

IIRC the only thing in that game that doesn't try to kill you is the suspiciously spikey-looking grass. Also, the game isn't THAT hard. I mean if I can beat it, it must not be too hard, right?

It sure doesn't look as hard as IWBTG. I could be wrong, but the first level of IWBTG is much harder than that other game looks.

credits to Absoltastic and Pieman for making such awesome banners that aren't the one I made!
My Backloggery
Want a game suggestion, or have one for the community? Click here!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger PSN Name: Qarx64 Wii Friend Code: 4109996624097110
Strykerx  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beauregard wrote:
CorpusCollosum wrote:

As a proud victor (only recently I busted out my NES and beat this fucker), I will confidently say this is the hardest game I've ever played, and will probably ever play. It's really no secret why it makes every single site/critic/gamer's list, and usually near the top... I'm actually laughing as I write this post thinking of the absurdity of the necessary trial-and-error and memorization to complete some of the levels. Jesus Christ...

I'm not normally one to call BS ... but last week i went through it on an emulator(i have the cartridge), save stating my ass off and I bet i still died over 1500 times.

^that motherfucker right there is impossible. I used a save state after every time i got a chance to hit him, and even then i would die and reload maybe 10 times before i would hit him again.

With only 3 continues and without using a gamegenie for infinite lives. I don't believe the game is possible to beat, by anyone.

Please tell me you're joking. Here have some speedruns.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beauregard wrote:
CorpusCollosum wrote:

Unfortunately, I can not provide proof of the victory, you'll just have to take my word for it. I've had this game for a LONG time, and I've memorized just about everything about it at this point. And I'd have to agree with Stryker about that particular boss (and all the bosses for that matter). They really aren't too difficult when you start busting out epic combos.

Currently playing: Gears, Batman
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: PistonHonda22 PSN Name: SodaPopinskii
dweedman  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about Croc 2? The levels aren't that hard per say but you just die soo soo soo much oh god it seems impossible for me to do it without cheats

Massive thank you to the Scorehero mods for de-PermaRockering me after 6-7 dreadful years
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: da dan101
richjohnny  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I new Ninja Gaiden would make it up there, same with Battletoads (good old Rare), but there are a couple of other games that should have deserved a spot.

Pokemon Stadium says hi. Seriously, is that even passable?
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Big JAG 2004 PSN Name: BigJAG2004 Wii Friend Code: 2005404297973581 ICQ Number
bjwdestroyer  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mentions of Syobon Action and IWBTG need to stop; there's a big difference between legitimate difficulty and rage inducing silliness where level design is only out to kill you and force you through trial and error bullshit. Besides, the former isn't even that bad. The latter is tedious bullshit that really comes down to whether or not you have enough time to invest in learning all of the stupid safe spots and getting useless timing down. The same can be said for games like Jumper, etc.

Strykerx  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bjwdestroyer wrote:
The same can be said for games like Jumper, etc.[/img]

Hey beating Jumper is my proudest moment I'll ever have, don't belittle it

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strykerx wrote:
bjwdestroyer wrote:

Yeah, I pretty much specialize in games that are meant to be un-fairly hard. IWBTG and the Jumper series are the only 2 that ever really made me work.

Getting 100% completion on Jumper 2 was one of the hardest things I have ever done. Same can be said for my IWBTG impossible mode runs............saying these games don't count is bull shit. Why would you say they need to stop being mentioned? Because they are designed to be ridiculously hard? Well this is the hardest game ever thread, not the "really hard, but not too hard" thread. so yeah......

Rawrspoon  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well then, bjw, I'm thinking the Guitar Hero series shouldn't be on there because TTFAF was added just to fuck with people with its (then considered) impossible song.
Qarx  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samson007 wrote:
Strykerx wrote:
bjwdestroyer wrote:

Yeah, I pretty much specialize in games that are meant to be un-fairly hard. IWBTG and the Jumper series are the only 2 that ever really made me work.

Getting 100% completion on Jumper 2 was one of the hardest things I have ever done. Same can be said for my IWBTG impossible mode runs............saying these games don't count is bull shit. Why would you say they need to stop being mentioned? Because they are designed to be ridiculously hard? Well this is the hardest game ever thread, not the "really hard, but not too hard" thread. so yeah......

The reason those should stop being mentioned is because, unlike most games, those are designed for the sole purpose of being hard, rather than games that were made to be fun, but turned out to be really hard in the end. Games like Super Mario Bros. 2 (Japan) were hard, but were really fun to play. Games like IWBTG (currently playing; 7500 KM from the lair of "The Guy") aren't much fun to play because of the merciless difficulty involved in designing the game. It may be fun for some people, but this game was designed for the sole purpose of pissing us off with level design that can only be overcome (on your first try) through trial and error.

credits to Absoltastic and Pieman for making such awesome banners that aren't the one I made!
My Backloggery
Want a game suggestion, or have one for the community? Click here!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger PSN Name: Qarx64 Wii Friend Code: 4109996624097110
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 6 of 13

Jump to: