ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
No Love for the Guitar Hero Vocalists
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HellAshes  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

toymachine wrote:
CrsrC wrote:

I mean don't you think it's possible that people(like me)just think that the RockBand system is better.

<jerk>

I mean if you want to be constantly beaten by the same 50 people on every song because they can say "Woo" later than you. Yeah RB2 Vocals are awesome.

</jerk>

If I saw a face-off of two vocalists squeezing and FCing Tangled Up in Blue multiple times, my face would be stuck like this.

Guitar Hero: Live Goals:
Actually get good at Guitar Hero: Live
10 Guitar Hero: Live Setlist FCs

ShadoWolf wrote:
Fuck you HellAsses you fucking fucker

mazegeek999PSN from my accomplishments thread wrote:
koloxid wrote:
holy fuk
do you ever stop

Well, he hasn't posted in a month.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: HellAshes PSN Name: HellAshes
Y2Grae  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpellcasterX wrote:
Actually...the only reason I don't watch GH vocalists is because I didn't know any existed Personally, RB vox videos are so boring since anyone can do it...there's so much skill involved in a GH FC, I could watch that all day!

Subscribed to y2grae and everyone else <__<

thank you for the sub

Although the not knowing any existed was kinda the point of my rant in the 1st place

i am looking at videoing vocals for the whole game,

opinion: would you rather have a hummed FC or a sung near FC?
gtaivpc  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Y2Grae wrote:
SpellcasterX wrote:
Actually...the only reason I don't watch GH vocalists is because I didn't know any existed Personally, RB vox videos are so boring since anyone can do it...there's so much skill involved in a GH FC, I could watch that all day!

thank you for the sub

Although the not knowing any existed was kinda the point of my rant in the 1st place

hummed FC it is for me
Y2Grae  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gtaivpc wrote:
Y2Grae wrote:
SpellcasterX wrote:

thank you for the sub

hummed FC it is for me

i can do that then

i'd rather post FC vids if honest, call it pride
Bananenbrot  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh grae i wished i had a cam. could show you my desperate struggle with the microsoft headset where guitar hero wont give me the points i deserve while singing completely right!

anyway, as ive pointed out in one of your vids, id rather enjoy watching you fcing songs with a humming technique though you ve demonstrated imposingly you can fc gh metallica songs without making use of hums !
matt1592  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honesty would take a singing near FC. Humming makes me feel delinquent

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matt1592 wrote:
I honesty would take a singing near FC. Humming makes me feel delinquent

well when it's WT and score is measured on %hit, i know i can fill more of the bar humming than singing on alot of songs.

A note the singer may hit could be in song about 1sec but they will have charted for 2 or 3. you then have to sing "wrong" to hit it or just hum.

Now with Metallica, i am actually scared of not green flashing, i mostly hum to get safely in the green as such.

I;ve proved i CAN sing, and do.

However when the scores are about points, then why not go for what gives the most?

i've said it many times before:

Hum for points, sing for fun.

Humming is still using your voice and you still have to be in key, so as long as the person can, i see no problems, except the uploaded vids might not be as amazing to watch
toymachine  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

on GHWT/GHM the charts force you to hum/slur your words.

So I don't blame you.

But singing and getting a 5* is still awesome
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpellcasterX wrote:

Hey thanks for the sub. ^_^

As far as humming or singing... well, it depends on the song. Certain songs I can't NOT say the lyrics (such as my Turn the Page or No Leaf Clover videos, which are both -1 ...), but sometimes I just want the FC on vid (like Evil).

I really don't think GH vocalists should be looked down on for humming... especially on a song like Stone Cold Crazy. Sometimes I wish GH vocals was more like Lips, where you get bonus points for saying the words at the correct time (like RB1 talkies, but not nearly as dumb)... it would be nice to be rewarded for when you do sing the song the way it's supposed to be sung, not holding the pitches out long before the phrases come up (like I always do >_<).

Oh, and I'll make any videos you guys want to see. If it causes more people to play vocals, I'll do it!

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
Taozack  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Basically, singing the lyrics perfectly on a GH hard song is absolutely insane. Like GuitarHailz said about SCC (I did hum my SCC FC, and am pretty sure everyone that has FC it has hummed >.>). RB is much more careless about precision, and therefore "easier" to sing with the lyrics. But there is absolutely NO vocal system that is perfect.

One that'd be really good (meaning, realistic) would be: RB recognition which is pretty good, GH possibility to activate whenever, not just whooing which is firstly pointless when you sing in front of a public, and even dumb we could say (go sing some Black Metal with a public+try a "whoo" = FAIL) and GH talkies. But that ain't gonna happen.

Y2Grae wrote:
Hum for points, sing for fun.

That's what we have. And the system I described earlier would be sing nicely, with or without lyrics, for fun AND for score. Which is, and I said it too, never gonna happen.

But basically, I think we're fine with both RB and GH vox system. GH:WT system was maybe a little too tight, but GH:M fixed (well it's improved anyway) that and I guess it should stay fixed in the next games. RB activations are basically weird because "not realistic". But the game is awesome IMO.

And IMO too, if you can FC some hard stuff even humming, you're a good IRL singer.

RadioDuke  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread has opened my eyes. I went into World Tour expecting the vocals to suck. I played a song that I could FC on Rock Band and thought "if I can't FC it on World Tour, this game's vocal system must be broken." I missed several phrases, and never sung on World Tour again.

After reading some thoughts in this thread, I'm definitely going to sing on World Tour when I get home from work. I'm starting to feel pretty stupid for judging every aspect of this game prematurely.

If you are on Scorehero, put this in your sig. Let's see how many people on ScoreHero are on Scorehero!
Amanwithapencil  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edit: Nevermind. Forget this

Last edited by Amanwithapencil on Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:41 am; edited 1 time in total
tidus  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just for actually losing all of my patience, I prefer play a handful of Rock Band 2 songs for a few hundreds of points over spending at least 1 or 1 1/2 hour (sounding like a 8 year-old girl and annoying even myself during the process) grinding out just for a 5* on a single GH: Metallica song. Fact. HOWEVER...

I still handle World Tour once in a while and it still feels good to grind for some fresh FC's. *looks at my B.Y.O.B. and Spiderwebs FC's* It even looks like GH Vocalists are looked down on simply for playing GH on Vocals. Yeah, I know, a game that caters more to guitarists due to its origins. But, GH is a band game now, and Vocals ARE a part of it, but looks like it doesn't exist here. This is getting worse than GH: Aerosmith, IMO.

Well, I'm on a hiatus from GH:M Vocals and all. But I really wanted to see a community here as well. I also wanted to see more RB vocalists going here. Maybe this could help the GH Vocalists to get more love. Or I'm wrong?

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
twistedoak  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An interesting topic to say in the least. Just to put in my two cents in the comments:

I think the guitar hero system of vocals is great for the most part. It's much more challenging than the rockband system, although I think the forgiving part of rockband makes it more fun to sing in (I'm not doing it for scores anymore).

The part I absolutely hate in guitar hero are the freeform systems. It shows the abuse of scores when you compare a song that has a freeform section to one that doesn't. One that doesn't have a freeform section has very few scores that are at the top, and those people are pretty competitive. Songs that do have freeform sections have some outrageous scores, and there are quite a few different people at the top of those leaderboards. It just shows that the system can be manipulated, just like any other system (I'm looking at you, rockband). The huge abuse shows up on the vocal achievement songs.

I would say that I personally would have liked the vocals a lot better if the freeform sections were worth less points or none altogether. That way, the score would be a truer assessment of the actual singing of the song, and not a manipulation of a system for max points.

Good luck to all singers in guitar hero. You guys should be more recognized for being the brave vox instrument in a "guitar" game.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before I throw my non-sense in. Here is what I see myself as:
I am just a gaming vocalist. I will play any game if there is song in that game I really want to sing. I rarely visit this side of the SH. However, with GH:M and soon GH:SH, you bet I'll be here more often. I hope maybe I can even get a Full Band going for GH:SH soon.

It will always take time to catch up an already set trend.

RB singing has been out for almost two years now. People are familiar with it. In order for more people (not just SH ppl, but Youtube viewers, GH official site ppl, and maybe even RB official site ppl) to recognize the vocals aspect of the GH game, this what I think should be done:

1. More Videos for exposure
2. More discussion in vocals technique thread to increase interaction
3. More vocalist's accomplishment threads to increase recognition

It is also the song selections that matters. GH:WT for me personally, I know about 10% to 20% of the song upon reading the SetList. It turns me off a bit when I don't know 80% of the songs. However, this will change when GH:SH arrives tomorrow. Oh, and I enjoyed GH:M a lot b/c I just happened to know more Metallica songs that's all.

As for getting more credit, vocalists just need to keep pushing and really help out each other and give credits to each other. The more you help, the more respect others will give you. This at least worked for me on RB vocals. And I'll again emphasize that it will take time. However, if we keep working at it, I am sure with the level of dedication GH vocalists have, this will be accomplished very soon.

My YouTube Channel
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: