ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
RYLAH solo 3 help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fannypack  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:08 am    Post subject: RYLAH solo 3 help Reply with quote

Theres a part in this solo keeping me from them fc it goes somewhat like this

-----------------------------
And the second trills are kinda fast and i cant seem to hit them any help?

Anyone want to 1v1 quickscopes/noscopes on mw2 (360) add my gt JesusHellz
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Wii Friend Code: 090353049866
PiemanLK  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I do is mentally count out how many times I hit the upper note with my middle finger. I go fairly fast on all of the trills and count 1-2-3 for yellow, then hit orange with my pinky, then three more yellows and another orange. The hardest part is that stupid strum on the third trill; it's only two yellows long but the first yellow is a strum. Oh, and if you can't do 17 nps trills one-handed, you'll probably want to learn to bring over a tapping finger for the yellow or the orange and elbow strum that second to last yellow.
[quote=''youhas'']EDIT TO ADD: Hey, post #3000! Neat! I will eagerly anticipate my set of ScoreHero-branded steak knives within six to eight weeks.[/quote]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PiemanXC
thunder121  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What i did is count 3 yellow, then let go for a millisecond and then press orange on the first trill. On the second trill i do that same thing but i hold down all three buttons ( yellow, red and orange) at the end. for the third trill, you have to strum while holding yellow, then let go and press yellow once more and slide over to green.

FCed it second try i used all of this in mind.

If any of this is confusing ill try and clarify it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try tapping the first orange. That's what I do at least. Three yellows, tap, than three more yellows then just hit that orange. then u have to strum the next yellow. hit that little trill and slide down to the green sustain. Take it on slower to get your hand position right on the tapping part.

My accomplishments page (530/567 fc's)

Add me on facebook
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: FDXCp1nballw1z
AGwaG  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't hit it either, but I came across this method which seems like the most logical thing to me

12121213112113 21211\
The bolded notes are notes you slide to.
basically the second set of trills you only actually trill a finger ONCE. I think its the most efficient way to do this.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To me, I just picture it like the solo to Perfect Insanity (RB DLC). The solo seems a lot simpler that way. Of course, getting the speed down is up to you (or you could use some of the other suggestions).
Brockbfball1563  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YKMPV-gUaY&fmt=18

And this is precisely why I make my vids this way . I show four different methods on both full speed and slowest for solo 3 starting at 5:28 in the vid. At least one of my four methods should help you.

Good luck!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This might sound weird, but trill the first bit the trills slower than you would normally, then speed up for the middle one. It works for me about 9/10 times.

Guku416  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:35 am    Post subject: Re: RYLAH solo 3 help Reply with quote

dhphphphhphphhdphph

121*1*14*1*1*421211

1 - Left Index Finger
2 - Left Middle Finger
4 - Left Pinky Finger
* - Right Tapping Finger
1 - Left Index Finger Anchor
1 - Left Index Finger Slide
d - Down strum
h - Hammer-On
p - Pull-Off

I made a hands video of this method in use:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dgZHqd0HdU

It only took me a couple of tries to FC Solo 3 with this method, I can FC it about 85% of the time now. I hope this helped some, and good luck!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoa didnt expect this much help. Thanks guys I will try all these right now/ tonight

Anyone want to 1v1 quickscopes/noscopes on mw2 (360) add my gt JesusHellz
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Wii Friend Code: 090353049866
eddyf  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This part of the solo is actually all mental. It's easy if you don't panic. Starting from the orange, it's

a descending pattern, (at this point anchor red)

just hit yellow on top of the anchored red and quickly let go, that takes care of these two notes

now hammer on these two notes on top of the red, as if you were building a chord one note at a time

red is STILL anchored. Play yellow quickly twice (make sure to strum on the first one)

...and slide down to green.

Guide to the Tick Engine in Guitar Hero 3

Current GHIII Goals:
700k TTFAF (current score: 661k)
massi4h  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tap the 2 oranges, after 3 quick taps with my left index on the yellow both times. Works every time for me. Reason I find it works is that my left hand is staying in the same position rather than stretching/detracting it, making it easier to be consistent. This is why I tap the oranges in the Incredibly Beautiful Solo in Impulse (or whatever it's called lol).
ThunderAlex  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is how I did it before. Now I'm not doing it for the sole reason that I don't have GH3 anymore. Red means tapping.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Wii Friend Code: 438237975587
Djdunn80  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am pretty consistent on this by just using what i saw as a pretty normal second position fingering.

1212.12421.2124 21.211---

D--------------- D---------

It helps me to remember that the strum in the middle comes on a yellow also
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: