ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
SlowHero Charts Project
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cjsteamfoo  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pman5595 wrote:
tma wrote:
Note: I have had little time, and (mostly) little inclination to work on this for the last few weeks, and I don't see that changing in the near future as I am spending more time working with my real band and less on playing Rock Band and Guitar Hero. As such, I'm not sure if/when further updates will happen.

I am at this point open to handing to code over to someone else for further development, although note that I will be very selective in who gets access to it. If you haven't already got decent programming experience (particularly Perl), don't bother asking. It will probably help if I already know you.

I would recommend codemann8, he seems to be good with that kind of stuff, as he runs pathhero

I would also choose codemann, but u have to note that codemann is continuously working on PH. It will be very time consuming for him. Although, if he asked me to do more stuff on PH in order to try this, than I would be willing to help with pathhero. I'll talk to him about it...if he hasn't seen tma's post yet.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand what the big deal is about making this an open-source project. No one's profiting off of it.

Guide to the Tick Engine in Guitar Hero 3

Current GHIII Goals:
700k TTFAF (current score: 661k)
codemann8  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tma, I'm sorry to see you go...but you know I would be willing to assume responsibility of the project...I haven't done perl in awhile, but then again I didn't know a lick of PHP prior to November and look what I have now

Let me know what you think and your next steps...

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: codemann8 PSN Name: codemann8
daniel192  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note charts for Rock Band drums maybe?
pman5595  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daniel192 wrote:

they already exist. Here ya go

Proud Social Liberal. What are you? Post your result in your signature. Genius, genius, and genius.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
weee911  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pman5595 wrote:
daniel192 wrote:

I thought about it and at first I thought that was what is meant but went on to realize maybe he's asking for RB drum charts for the guitar hero games since they only currently support the world tour kit .

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would really like to see some notecharts for Smash Hits; I want to figure out how fast the sweeps in Storm D in Raining Blood are and how fast the little s in Monkey Wrench are. It's a bit saddening to see tma leave, but it's for the best... if you have other things to do in life I don't blame you for not caring about plastic instruments Best of luck to you, tma!

My Accomplishments - GH | RB || My Youtube Channel || My Customs
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: YksiKaksiKolme
tma  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eddyf wrote:
I don't understand what the big deal is about making this an open-source project. No one's profiting off of it.

The main issue with opening up the code, as I see it, is more about release scheduling - as was discussed in the Rock Band computer generated paths thread. Meaning, no matter what people have agreed to with respect to delaying release of generated paths, anyone with the code can go and generate them and thus "spoil" the game somewhat for "manual" pathers.

Another issue is that, while I own some of the code, much of it is still debr's and I'd need his permission to release it as open source. Also, open sourcing it involves licensing issues, maintaining public repositories, yada yada, or proving your case to SourceForge that it's a real product, etc. Not something I can really be bothered with.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: zzUrbanSpaceman
tma  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

weee911 wrote:
pman5595 wrote:
daniel192 wrote:

I thought about it and at first I thought that was what is meant but went on to realize maybe he's asking for RB drum charts for the guitar hero games since they only currently support the world tour kit .

I believe there must be an algorithm that the game uses to translate the charts to support Rock Band drums, because there are no discreet charts in the files for them. If someone can work out how the algorithm works, it would be fairly easy to implement this into spopt.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: zzUrbanSpaceman
tma  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

codemann8 wrote:
tma, I'm sorry to see you go...but you know I would be willing to assume responsibility of the project...I haven't done perl in awhile, but then again I didn't know a lick of PHP prior to November and look what I have now

Let me know what you think and your next steps...

Give me some time to think about it. I'll contact you via PM.
daniel192  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any chance of Smash Hits charts soon?
muna  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daniel192 wrote:

This. I also wanna say that I have been using this for my SP paths almost exclusively and I had no idea they are yours, Tma. I still remember you from the easy rivalry we had a couple years back where you constantly beat me.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should have the iso for Smash Hits soon, and assuming nothing much has changed in the disc format I should be able to extract the charts fairly easily. Can't promise an exact date though.
tma  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

muna wrote:
daniel192 wrote:

This. I also wanna say that I have been using this for my SP paths almost exclusively and I had no idea they are yours, Tma. I still remember you from the easy rivalry we had a couple years back where you constantly beat me.

At that time, they were debr's, I took over a bit later. That was back when I was #1 on the X360 GH2 charts. Ahh, the good old days. ;)
Graf  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tma wrote:
I should have the iso for Smash Hits soon, and assuming nothing much has changed in the disc format I should be able to extract the charts fairly easily. Can't promise an exact date though.

That's awesome! I was just wondering if or when they would be released, so I checked this thread.

tma, it's good to hear that your real-life stuff is taking precedence over Slowhero. While it's bad news for ScoreHero, it's good because you can do the things you need to do without feeling bad. Good luck outside of ScoreHero!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 14 of 20

Jump to: