ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
2009 ScoreHero Plans - Happy New Year!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> ScoreHero Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
toymachine  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think JC probably sees scoretracking for this game as a challenge and I have no doubt in my mind he's rising to the occasion.

I see no reason why 4 amazing guitarists shouldn't be going for a 1st place battle on the 85 songs in this game :P

If there's a score

TRACK IT
beingmused  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

toymachine wrote:
I think JC probably sees scoretracking for this game as a challenge and I have no doubt in my mind he's rising to the occasion.

I see no reason why 4 amazing guitarists shouldn't be going for a 1st place battle on the 85 songs in this game :P

If there's a score

TRACK IT

If I was savvy at photoshop I would work up a manage scores screen that was chock full of every damn combination possible (don't forget double all of that for RB and WT drums!)

I don't care if all that is tracked, I just don't think it is worth doing so if it
1. drains SH resources
2. makes entering scores an aesthetic mess and time consuming chore
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: beingmused
Smeddy24  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

beingmused wrote:
toymachine wrote:

If there's a score

TRACK IT

If I was savvy at photoshop I would work up a manage scores screen that was chock full of every damn combination possible (don't forget double all of that for RB and WT drums!)

I don't care if all that is tracked, I just don't think it is worth doing so if it
1. drains SH resources
2. makes entering scores an aesthetic mess and time consuming chore

Well, I did a little programming to save time, so excuses if I have too many or too few options here, but here's roughly what it would like, albeit without any sort of formatting:
http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/2301/holyballsmockup.png

Edit: Yeah, the two options we have now show up in there twice, that's the only extra I see right off the bat.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smeddy24 wrote:
Well, I did a little programming to save time, so excuses if I have too many or too few options here, but here's roughly what it would like, albeit without any sort of formatting:

Edit: Yeah, the two options we have now show up in there twice, that's the only extra I see right off the bat.

Maybe I'm missing something, but wouldn't it be a LOT easier and more user-friendly to do something like this? http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll305/zsjostrom35/FourPart.png
Téa: (Thinking) Look at him undressing me with his eyes! I wonder what he's thinking...
Yami: (Thinking) MAN, I hate milkshakes! (Squeezes milkshake cup) Die, milkshake, die! That's right, milkshake: you have been defeated! Now you go to milkshake prison!
My guides: BIF 5* | Most Impulsive Expert Guide Ever | Guide to Writing Guides | NfMH 5* | Practice Mode | My Curse FC | GH3 Co-op Squeezing
Proud Christian

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zsjostrom35 wrote:
Smeddy24 wrote:

Maybe I'm missing something, but wouldn't it be a LOT easier and more user-friendly to do something like this? http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll305/zsjostrom35/FourPart.png
Yeah I agree, that's a great formatting idea.
Smeddy24  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zsjostrom35 wrote:
Smeddy24 wrote:

Without a doubt yours is way better. I just did mine that way for impact, to show the massive number of possibilities.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

9001 wrote:
zsjostrom35 wrote:
Smeddy24 wrote:

Simple, yet ingenious....no doubt this is what GH5 scores will look like.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: XxTimetoKillxX PSN Name: XxTimetokillxX
Smeddy24  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xxtimetokillxx wrote:
9001 wrote:
zsjostrom35 wrote:
Smeddy24 wrote:

Simple, yet ingenious....no doubt this is what GH5 scores will look like.
Well, that assumes that the decision is made to track scores for every combination. I don't think that's a very good decision, because they're not going to be used. Want to get a bunch of firsts? Go play a full band consisting of RB Drums + RB Drums + RB Drums + GHWT Drums. Congrats, your sightreads will hold first forever, because there's not enough people who care. I see either the current set up being maintained, or simply having one leaderboard for all combinations, which would be a huge challenge for pathers.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smeddy24 wrote:
Well, that assumes that the decision is made to track scores for every combination. I don't think that's a very good decision, because they're not going to be used. Want to get a bunch of firsts? Go play a full band consisting of RB Drums + RB Drums + RB Drums + GHWT Drums. Congrats, your sightreads will hold first forever, because there's not enough people who care. I see either the current set up being maintained, or simply having one leaderboard for all combinations, which would be a huge challenge for pathers.

Those are very good points, but I simply don't see any way around them. Obviously it's not my call, but to me it seems repugnant to the purpose of ScoreHero not to provide scoretracking for any and all possible instrument combinations supported by a Guitar Hero/Rock Band game. While combined leaderboards is one alternative to having hundreds of separate ones, I think the inherent differences in charting and the scoring system would render such a setup largely meaningless (one example might be a spectacular quadruple guitar FC of a song with one insane solo but low note density elsewhere being easily beaten out by a quadruple FC of an easy drum chart with more notes).

You make the argument of lack of use of leaderboards being an argument against their existence, but that's never been a problem before. Looking at the GHWT leaderboards for RB Drums + Vocals with max difficulty Medium (the first one I found; I'd be surprised if there weren't others), there are a grand total of ZERO scores entered across all platforms. Sure, somebody could take first on every single song with no difficulty at all, but they don't because it doesn't mean anything. ScoreHero users will focus their efforts where the competition is, and if through some freak eventuality the GHWT Drums + RB Drums + Vocals leaderboard becomes competitive, it will justify its own existence. To my knowledge it doesn't hurt anything to allow that leaderboard (and all others) to exist, so why not?
Téa: (Thinking) Look at him undressing me with his eyes! I wonder what he's thinking...
Yami: (Thinking) MAN, I hate milkshakes! (Squeezes milkshake cup) Die, milkshake, die! That's right, milkshake: you have been defeated! Now you go to milkshake prison!
My guides: BIF 5* | Most Impulsive Expert Guide Ever | Guide to Writing Guides | NfMH 5* | Practice Mode | My Curse FC | GH3 Co-op Squeezing
Proud Christian
GuitarGeek08  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For new stats images, if you can find that one person who had all of those custom made ones in their sig maybe those can be used for the images. They looked so amazing!

I Don't Suck at GH
Xpertlefty13 quoting me in his Acc Thread wrote:
Honestly, thank you

This is the first real, well thought-out explanation I've seen
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
richjohnny  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thinking of more of a drop down menu for a band score tracking.

4 sections, each with drop down menu for instruments. That way would be alot easier.

If you don't get what I mean, I'll post a screen shot of something I whip up.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Big JAG 2004 PSN Name: BigJAG2004 Wii Friend Code: 2005404297973581 ICQ Number
JCirri  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would just like to inform everyone (now that I finally can) that the rewrite efforts have been on hold for about 5-6 months now since I was first contacted by Harmonix back in late Jan/Feb regarding the concept of Rock Band Network. It was unfortunate timing that the rewrite got announced and things were just getting underway a few weeks prior to being brought into 6 months of non-stop planning and development. Same goes for the "CustomHero revitalization" announcement which was posted right before then, and is now completely obsolete.

Even though we didn't set a hard deadline, I want to apologize to the community for potentially being made to believe we would complete this by the end of the year. I am VERY sorry to the several dev team members who just found out why things have been effectively dead for months 2 days ago. Harmonix was very tight-lipped about RBN, including even the mention that "something" was happening; and under legal restrictions we honored that (even amongst staff internally).

Rhythm Authors still has some time-critical efforts to be done, so I don't want to make any guarantees when things will pick back up to full pace, but the rewrite is still definitely planned and in the works. While little code has been written to date, a great deal of the framework decisions and requirements have been decided. As Rhythm Authors will be taking some time away from SH staff and rkcr has recently stepped down, we'll also be re-evaluating things to help with that situation.

Thanks for all the great ideas you've posted and voted on the SH uservoice. The feedback is definitely helpful to know what you all want to see the most. Please continue to share your thoughts, and we will do our best to include what we can.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, don't sweat it JC, usually if something isn't up fora while, we usually know you guys are real busy

Matt wrote:
I sometimes pull the chalk ball out if I am on the ground, but I usually stick my hand in the bag.
sukergod  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers for the heads up, its nice to see that this stuff is still in the plans since so many of us (and you guys) were so excited to see some of these things get implanted.

suker

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to see a n update on this, even though it's a somewhat negative one.

The re-write being done eventually is better than it not being done at all.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> ScoreHero Announcements All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 9 of 12

Jump to: